Don't blow Fiedler | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't blow Fiedler

I don't know that Jay was completely to blame for today's debaucle. He certainly didn't help, and let's not get into excuses about his finger...if it was bothering him that bad, he shouldn't have played. The way I see it is that the Defense really let us down in a big way... Fletcher sux...period. I have been keeping myself off the Anti-fletch bandwago in order to allow him to prove himself either way... he did so today... he got burned repeatedly. Gonzo ate us alive over the middle. The single bright spot with our defensive play today was holding Holmes to 52 yrds... that's it... for a team with such a great pass D... we stuck Arrowhead up today. The other thing I see is that if we have to play catch up, and arent' able to grind it out with Ricky... we can't get it done. We sure as h@ll are not going to keep up with the Pats with this kind of poor showing. Seriously... to say we have a lack of depth at CB is a huge understatement... and if Sam or Pat is out against a team with ANY kind of passing game.. we're screwed, because Fletch couldn't cover his own a$$ with a blanket, and our offense doesn't seem able to keep up in a shootout. If 4 ints (regardless of who's "fault" it was) is the result of playing catch up against this poor KC secondary... then we have a serious problem.
Maybe I'm just ranting becasue I'm still pissed... but I'm trying to figure out what went wrong... and it seems to me that the D was overwhelmed, and the O couldn't pick up the slack.

Yes ... the penalties killed us in the first half... some were bonehead calls by the refs... but others were just plain bad moves on our part... in critical situations no less.

On a side note... I was pleased with AJ on returns today... I'm seeing him break one all the way by the end of the season...

i call it like i see it and when you suck you suck

The point is that you essentially blamed Fiedler for this game. This was a team loss, there was no one reason, or player who was solely rsponsible for today's loss.

I'm not Fiedler's biggest fan but no way he lost this one by himself...

The first turnover was Ricky's fumble. The second was Fiedler's first interception. By then we we're already playing catchup.

My biggest disappointment of the day was that the battle of TE's was such a non-contest.

KC we're able to move the ball at will and for some big gainers. To me, that's not all about the D not doing their job - the coaches have a role to play in adjusting and calling set-ups that will counter the free reign the opposition had on offense.

I'm watching the Pats now and I don't look forward to next Sunday if there is no gameplan from the Defensive coaching team.

Well, according to all of you not only am I an idiot, but I guess I am also a f-ing loser because I can't stand him as our quarterback. Never have and never will. I am no longer shocked by a performance like this, in fact I almost expect it. I always pray before the game that he will get all his f**k-ups out of his system in the 1st quarter, so that we may win the game. In all my 26 years watching this team, I can't remember a time when I felt this uncomfortable about this team. He doesn't make good decisions and I think his teammates make him look better than he really is. The QB position is a leadership position and I don't think Fiedler is a good leader. I have watched Griese, Strock, Woodley, Marino, Mitchell and Huard, but I think Fiedler sucks. I wish the Dolphins would consider another QB in the near future. BTW, our defense TOTALLY sucked too!! :mad:

Originally posted by inFINSible
Here come the Fiedler bashing worms out of the woodwork....where have you girls been when Jay was the number one rated QB in the league? Don't come spreading your "I always Knew he sucked" BS now....F'n losers...

i BELIEVE I WAS IN THE SHOWER FOR THOSE 15 MINUTES

Brecken, Are you blind??? You said Jays Ints were not his fault.. Get real!! Just admit when someone has a bad game!!

Originally posted by miadphan13
Well, according to all of you not only am I an idiot, but I guess I am also a f-ing loser because I can't stand him as our quarterback. Never have and never will. He doesn't make good decisions and I think his teammates make him look better than they should. The QB position is a leadership position and I don't think Fiedler is a good leader. I have watched Griese, Strock, Woodley, Marino, Mitchell and Huard, but I think Fiedler sucks. I wish the Dolphins would consider another QB in the near future. BTW, our defense TOTALLY sucked too!! :mad:

Not what I am saying. I'm just saying how can you blame him for it when they posted 30 pts (a mark ALL of us would have been happy with last year) despite being down most of the game.

We were already beat before Jay started unraveling to the pressure. That is all I want people to make sure they have clear in their heads.

Hey Asphyx, Iron Man, Metal Head...

... I see you broke out your favorite handle for today's game. Wow the life of a critic, how easy a life it is. So sad!

Oliver...

Originally posted by FiedlerSucks
he had 4 picks and we gave up 48 points

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Ya that's why your only here now. Get off daddy's computer.

Just for some info...it's my computer and the correct spelling should be YOU'RE!!

Re: Hey Asphyx, Iron Man, Metal Head...

Originally posted by Oliver
... I see you broke out your favorite handle for today's game. Wow the life of a critic, how easy a life it is. So sad!

Oliver...

Actually this is my second favorite name...my first is Fiedler REALLY sucks! That's not totally true....Jason Taylor is a god is the first!

We all have our Marino issues to...

... work out 13, some of us take a little longer to get over the Marino hang over than others. Fiedler is a GOOD QB, he simply had a bad day. QB's better than Fiedler have them, why should he be any different? Some times the ball bounces your way like in the Jets game, and some times the ball bounces not your way like in today's game. Personally I'd rather beat the Yets anyway. :D

I don't know if your are all those things you implied we should think you are, but I do like how you dress, keep it up! :D

Oliver...

Well, according to all of you not only am I an idiot, but I guess I am also a f-ing loser because I can't stand him as our quarterback. Never have and never will. I am no longer shocked by a performance like this, in fact I almost expect it. I always pray before the game that he will get all his f**k-ups out of his system in the 1st quarter, so that we may win the game. In all my 26 years watching this team, I can't remember a time when I felt this uncomfortable about this team. He doesn't make good decisions and I think his teammates make him look better than they should. The QB position is a leadership position and I don't think Fiedler is a good leader. I have watched Griese, Strock, Woodley, Marino, Mitchell and Huard, but I think Fiedler sucks. I wish the Dolphins would consider another QB in the near future. BTW, our defense TOTALLY sucked too!! :mad:

Fiedler is not a good Qb. Good QBs don't try to force the ball and make bad decisions.

Really?

... I suggest you take a look around the NFL. Another clueless Fiedler critic.

Oliver...

Originally posted by dolphinators13
Fiedler is not a good Qb. Good QBs don't try to force the ball and make bad decisions.

Well, according to all of you not only am I an idiot, but I guess I am also a f-ing loser because I can't stand him as our quarterback. Never have and never will. I am no longer shocked by a performance like this, in fact I almost expect it. I always pray before the game that he will get all his f**k-ups out of his system in the 1st quarter, so that we may win the game. In all my 26 years watching this team, I can't remember a time when I felt this uncomfortable about this team. He doesn't make good decisions and I think his teammates make him look better than he really is. The QB position is a leadership position and I don't think Fiedler is a good leader. I have watched Griese, Strock, Woodley, Marino, Mitchell and Huard, but I think Fiedler sucks. I wish the Dolphins would consider another QB in the near future. BTW, our defense TOTALLY sucked too!! :mad:

Well, you might be a loser, but you're a good lookin one ;)
LOL, joking....

Seriously though, as far as Fiedler goes, he certainly isn't the top QB in the league, and he never will be. The point is, that for this year at least, he is the starter for Miami. Jay can win games, and he can play mistake free football. The problem comes in a game like this. The Phin defense just couldn't stop the Chiefs today, and that puts a lot of pressure on the Phin offense to score every time they have the ball. Ask Fiedler to start airing it out in a game of touchdown tennis and he will make mistakes, but then most QBs do struggle in this situation. This team can win with Jay, but not without playing solidly in every department. A couple of big defensive plays today, and Jay might have had a career day. I just think that you have to look at the whole picture.

Re: Re: Hey Asphyx, Iron Man, Metal Head...

Originally posted by FiedlerSucks

Actually this is my second favorite name...my first is Fiedler REALLY sucks! That's not totally true....Jason Taylor is a god is the first!
You mean the Jason Taylor who had 0 sacks today? .....moron.

Back
Top Bottom