Don't Let Tua Injury Distract From Fact Coach McDaniel Was Awful vs Bengals | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't Let Tua Injury Distract From Fact Coach McDaniel Was Awful vs Bengals

So....3rd in the league of yards/ play this season opposed to 29th last year. Yeah he hasn't been a total difference maker for our team yet

Animated GIF

I would say the biggest problem with McDaniel is his game management and wasting time outs. It's been a problem for a few games now and that has to get corrected. He has to get the plays in quicker.

Also ... field goals are points too

When you constantly never take the points... thats kind of stupid at times too. How the flow of the game was going,yeah a TD would've been great, but no points at all on those drives also sucks

no beef with coach last night, just unfortunate he had so little faith in Teddy that the game plan totally changed when he came in. damn we can't catch a break with backup QBs , ie seen enough of teddy tho

I’m sure he’s going for it on 4th in that situation if Tua is in and the offense is humming. With Teddy in there you take the points and lean on your defense who was playing stout. Also, disagree with everything else.

Not sure how Edmonds dropping an easy TD is a reflection of McDaniel.

The only thing I would say that would be a learning experience for McDaniel, is on a short week some players might struggle with pre-snap motion and where to line up.

With that said, this is the first year of his offense being implemented and it is only week 4, so that may not be a big deal moving forward.

The other critique I would have is Miami had 1st and 10 at the Bengals 26 and 3:22 left in the game trailing 20-15. Miami drove down the field running the ball. I thought it would be wise to stick with the run to try and score with little time left on the clock.

An incomplete pass and interception on the next two plays and game is over.

Not sure how Edmonds dropping an easy TD is a reflection of McDaniel.

The only thing I would say that would be a learning experience for McDaniel, is on a short week some players might struggle with pre-snap motion and where to line up.

With that said, this is the first year of his offense being implemented and it is only week 4, so that may not be a big deal moving forward.

The other critique I would have is Miami had 1st and 10 at the Bengals 26 and 3:22 left in the game trailing 20-15. Miami drove down the field running the ball. I thought it would be wise to stick with the run to try and score with little time left on the clock.

An incomplete pass and interception on the next two plays and game is over.
Agreed, they panicked and tried to force it when there was plenty of time and positive game script in their favor.

Its 4 down territory anyways, there was no reason to take risks at that point

IMO, it's simply a matter of not cashing in on opportunities. No more no less. Two plays for or against go our way, like they did in the past 3 weeks and we're 4-0. But the 'nature of the beast' is to panic, berate, and second guess ad naseum. It's especially disgusting all the Tua second guessing. The league has set up a system to bypass the coaches wishes for the players safety. Period. The national media piling on is expected, but not from 'so called' fans of the team. OP, really?

Why do you all even entertain this dudes posts? He’s always Debbie downer sky is falling, chicken little in the game day thread. It just spills over onto the main if they lose.

We can bitch about every coach in the NFL in hindsight. I’d rather bitch about prime and there close ups on the QB and not being able to see if there was motion on the play.

You are right when you say that Sean McDermott would have gone for it instead of kicking a FG. He did it a couple of times against Miami. And guess what? It cost his team the game. Had he elected to kick a FG in at least one of those opportunities, the Bills would have won the game. I know you are emotionally upset. But please, give yourself a chance to look at this from a less emotional perspective. I think that you will see that there were more mitigating factors that were at play here and not the decisions made by McDaniel.

Back
Top Bottom