Don't torture yourselves, just wait for next year... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Don't torture yourselves, just wait for next year...

I never consider watching football torture. I would still watch the fins every week if they were a very poor 1-15 or 2-14 team. I love watching football no matter how the season shakes out. The day I consider watching football and rooting for my fins torture is the day I stop watching it all together. I have no interest in the 49ers or Steelers but if I was at home, I'm at work right now, that's what I'd be watching.

FOOTBALL is life the rest is just details.

Originally posted by Z28&dolfan
I never consider watching football torture. I would still watch the fins every week if they were a very poor 1-15 or 2-14 team. I love watching football no matter how the season shakes out. The day I consider watching football and rooting for my fins torture is the day I stop watching it all together. I have no interest in the 49ers or Steelers but if I was at home, I'm at work right now, that's what I'd be watching.

FOOTBALL is life the rest is just details.
well, I could watch the 3-13 season, cuz those guys were just untalented, but tried...this abundance of talent is being squandered by the coaching staff...and it's hard to watch...only 6 more weeks of this **** thank god...onto NCAA basketball:cool:

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
AFC Seedings will end up something like this:

1. Chiefs
2. Titans
3. Patriots
4. Ravens or Bengals or Browns(AFC North blows)
5. Colts
6. Broncos

the order may be wrong, but the teams are correct.

Gosh, you picked every team that would make it if the season ended this week. What foresight!

Chiefs, Titans, Colts and Patriots are almost surely in, whether as division winners or wildcards, barring total collapse. You correctly anticipate that someone will win the AFC North (kudos on that).

So basically, all you're saying is the Broncos will take the second wildcard and the Pats will hang on in the East.

This, with six games left.

(yawn)

Re: Re: Don't torture yourselves, just wait for next year...

Originally posted by NYCphan

Gosh, you picked every team that would make it if the season ended this week. What foresight!

Chiefs, Titans, Colts and Patriots are almost surely in, whether as division winners or wildcards, barring total collapse. You correctly anticipate that someone will win the AFC North (kudos on that).

So basically, all you're saying is the Broncos will take the second wildcard and the Pats will hang on in the East.

This, with six games left.

(yawn)
Well..5 of those 6 spots have been locks for a few weeks now...only thing left to figure out is who grabs the AFC North spot(but does it really matter?)..and who gets sixth seed...Broncos will most likely get it...if you guys made it, you'd probably give everyone another memorable playoff game(a la Jax 99)

I'm just pleased for you, to have found something to keep the season interesting at this point.

CW...we can still make playoffs. As stated before anything can happen. 6 games remaining and New England could easily lose two to three games. Especially since they are playing us in one game. The offense will pick it up with Jay once he returns. Heck, even If they don't...our offense will still be better then yours. :roflmao:

I havent...but tell me when you do:rolleyes:

I have. I'm trying to figure out whether the Bills would make the playoffs if they won their last six. (It's not looking likely.)

The Fins' chances depend entirely on their own play. If you're feeling dismissive of the idea that teams can get hot or cold over the span of six games, I would invite you to review the first six weeks of this season. Or four, even.

Guys,

Quit wasting your breath.

Every week CW posts the same thing - "The Bills Suck , but so do the Dolphins"

If you don't believe it, go back and look.

I guess misery loves company but you think he would have something better to do.

Here's the main difference between our 2 fanbases: We know our team sucks and we admit it...you guys never admit it.--that's why no one likes dolphin fans

CW, here's the way I roll. While I presently reserve "suckdom status" for the moment til further "proof" is in, I am probably one the the quickest to disect some of the weaknesses of this team. Even a win does not allow them to escape my "wrath" !! :lol: The reason is that the way we play, seldom is a win flawless. So most of our wins are rather thin, if you will, and I see no fault in identifying a weakness. But according to some, if you ain't rah rah rah a 100% of the time with rose colored shades on, then you ain't a real true fan! Hogwash and alot of them other expletives too !!! :D :D

It's time we stepped it up any way no matter who we play! If we back door it again with a wild card playing like crap, we will lose in the first round and worry that wanny might keep his job.

AFC Seedings will end up something like this:

1. Chiefs
2. Titans
3. Patriots
4. Ravens or Bengals or Browns(AFC North blows)
5. Colts
6. Broncos

the order may be wrong, but the teams are correct.
Denver is a great team with Jake Plummer, and they have an incredibly easy schedule the rest of the way. Dolphins have a very tough schedule, and they look bad. Just wait for next year, and don't get your hopes up. Be honest with yourselves for a second--do you see this team winning at Arrowhead, Adelphia, Foxboro, Mile-high, etc.?....of course not.

Don't take this as smack, it's just reality. The Bills are awful, I know, so don't even bother with the comebacks

P.S....Im pulling for Cincy

You'll get trashed for this, but I'm in agreement. This team is going nowhere in the playoffs with that OL they have and the problems at QB and WR. Weren't these the IDENTICAL problems last year?

I would rather be knocked out of the playoffs - finish at 8-8 and get a higher draft pick (although the idiot traded away our 2nd round pick for Whitley!); than go into the playoffs and get slaughtered 41-7 with 6 turnovers. Then, we have a worse draft pick and are in the same position as always!

DW has wounded this team.

Originally posted by T-Bone
It's time we stepped it up any way no matter who we play! If we back door it again with a wild card playing like crap, we will lose in the first round and worry that wanny might keep his job.

Exactly!

I'm pulling for Cincy and Denver to keep winning. That way, the only way we go into the playoffs is if we win the last 6 or 5 out of the last 6. That's the only hope for being productive. Otherwise - if we're 9-7 - I don't want to be in the playoffs. I want to see the whole coaching crew banished forever from Davie, FL!

You would rather get knocked out of the playoffs? (the opposite is advance in the playoffs.)

You sir are the definition of an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom