Dorail Green-Beckham | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Dorail Green-Beckham

It got brought up that Dorial Green-Beckham's leaving Oklahoma, ostensibly because the offensive coordinator with whom he developed a close relationship got fired, is something he should be criticized for.

But the fact of the matter is his adopted mom went through years of thyroid cancer treatments, during which Dorial and Darren were officially adopted by the couple, and then right after she finishes all that Darren is diagnosed with leukemia and needs like 2.5 years of treatment at All Children's Hospital for that.

I'm pretty sure they need the money. So I'd think about that before trying to be all high and mighty on the issue.

Quick Question for those who studied the WRs from last as well as this year...

If he had a "clean" history...where would he have ranked in last years vaunted class? (on the field skill alone)

#1 - not close. I don't know if my eyes are messing with me, but I'm seeing 9" hands? Same as 5'11, 182 lb R. Greene. DeAndre Smelter has 11" hands. Regardless, you get a guy that big that can move the way he does, he's the closest thing to Calvin Johnson since Calvin Johnson. Randy Moss/Calvin Johnson/Dorial Green-Beckham level athletes come around once every 5-10 years. Cooper is great, and I think his ceiling is underrated, but unless you're ready to compete for a SB in 2015/16, you have to go with Green-Beckham's upside.

That's if he's clean. I currently have him #12, but he's been gradually moving up as I've been feeling better about him as a person. I'm not sold yet, and the ranking reflects that, but I'm feeling better about him as details about his situation/person comes to light.

the kid has made huge mistakes.... and now a days in the NFL you really have to take that into huge consideration. It doesnt matter that he brushed past, or pushed, or knocked his girl down the stairs with anger... i am not going to debate that because all in all, its not good. RED FLAGS

but yes coaches have taken him in after he was let go by Mizzou (with no on the field issues, and coached seemed to back him up for the most part)... and Oklahoma has allowed him to work with them and have only said good stuff on him as well.

now the kid is a freak athlete, a freak frame, and we will see how he runs and how he produces at the combine, because he may be one of the most important showings thee at the combine due to him not touching the game field for so long, and tape isnt that vast on him. so we will see on this.

I am saying though his physical numbers may match up to Calvin Johnson, he isnt... Johnson was a very polished WR, runs great routes and runs at his speed in games, great footwork and gotta love the hands and ability to catch the ball away from frame at highest points. DGB has a lot to work on with routes, footwork and intricacies from what I have seen from Mizzou (though two years ago).

Now... is he on your board or not? is he on the Dolphins? Its scary cause there are the red flag names that get passed up on and end up being solid or great NFL WRs (even with issues throughout).... but then there are the guys that continue their ways and bust huge becoming nothing but a distraction and awful. DGB is on my list but a question mark is right next to his name still.... I keep going back and forth on thinking if I would risk the pick, if I would want him and such.... I am far from sure right now... thank god the draft is far away still so we can sort things out and figure more out on him.

some of his combine interview:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...reenbeckham-answers-to-allegation-of-violence

just a little clip thang too on him:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...reenbeckham-measures-even-with-calvin-johnson

In his first season, Calvin Johnson had 756 yards and 4 TD's in 15 games. I'm not saying he lacked any refinery, but a polished WR with his attributes puts up better numbers than that.

Dorial reminds me alot of Randy Moss coming out of Marshall. Both had stops at various schools. Both had troubled pasts. The Vikings rolled the dice with Moss and landed a gem. Will that happen with Beckham? Who knows. Beckham definitely has the physical traits to dominate at the next level. The only question is, will his brain keep him out of trouble?

Dorial reminds me alot of Randy Moss coming out of Marshall. Both had stops at various schools. Both had troubled pasts. The Vikings rolled the dice with Moss and landed a gem. Will that happen with Beckham? Who knows. Beckham definitely has the physical traits to dominate at the next level. The only question is, will his brain keep him out of trouble?

That is the due diligence this team has to do....the point is if this kid makes you comfortable that he has grown up...learned from his mistakes...I say screw what he did as a young man, things many young men do to certain degrees....and draft that special talent.

We can get more of the same in later rounds.....picks like this are a chance to grab something special.

In his first season, Calvin Johnson had 756 yards and 4 TD's in 15 games. I'm not saying he lacked any refinery, but a polished WR with his attributes puts up better numbers than that.

still a rookie... not easy to jump into the NFL and dominate as a WR. Mind you he was also behind Roy Williams and Shaun McDonald as well. lots of targets going elsewhere... and I believe the QB was my boy AIR KITNA!!!

but check out year 2... domination began!!! played and started in all games. over 1,00 yards 12 TDs... but targets went up from like 93 to 150, thats a HUGE difference, he became the #1 guy instead of the #3-#4 like he was his rookie season.

still a rookie... not easy to jump into the NFL and dominate as a WR. Mind you he was also behind Roy Williams and Shaun McDonald as well. lots of targets going elsewhere... and I believe the QB was my boy AIR KITNA!!!

but check out year 2... domination began!!! played and started in all games. over 1,00 yards 12 TDs... but targets went up from like 93 to 150, thats a HUGE difference, he became the #1 guy instead of the #3-#4 like he was his rookie season.

If Calvin Johnson entered the NFL as a polished WR, he wouldn't be behind anyone. Amari Cooper will be a Day 1 starter, and he's clearly not the athlete that Johnson is. Johnson developed into what he is. Going into his 4th season, there were still analysts who questioned whether he was a top 5 WR. He was clearly the most talented. You only have to worry whether DGB cares and whether or not he'll stay how of trouble. If he cares and keeps clean, he's too gifted to fail - barring injury.

If Calvin Johnson entered the NFL as a polished WR, he wouldn't be behind anyone. Amari Cooper will be a Day 1 starter, and he's clearly not the athlete that Johnson is. Johnson developed into what he is. Going into his 4th season, there were still analysts who questioned whether he was a top 5 WR. He was clearly the most talented. You only have to worry whether DGB cares and whether or not he'll stay how of trouble. If he cares and keeps clean, he's too gifted to fail - barring injury.

oh i agree he has the ability to develop and play, DGB that is, but you do have to worry on him off the field. that is basically how he is going to fail. i agree with you on that.

my long write-up above was basically just a summary of what everyone has been saying on him throughout the threads, and the truths of whom he is and what he is coming into the NFL. so i am just curious is he on our boards, your boards, or not.... cause thats the debate. I have him on mine, but its a question mark once again... I am not 100% on what I would do when the 1st or 2nd round pick comes and his name is still there. theres a lot of time to figure that out though still for the draft at least.

dont always go by analysts too, especially if they werent saying Calvin Johnson wasnt a top WR in his 4th year... thats shocking. Sometimes analysts are overboard with their thoughts, like constantly saying that Dwayne Boe was a top WR in the league and a #1 WR basically every year of his career, when he has proven nothing but a big target who cant do much... what a waste there. I hated hearing that throughout the years.

I think when it comes to miami was dgb kicked off the team at missouri or not??? If the answers yes i think this staff is gonna auto remove him from our board before we get to any of the other stuff

I really do...

I said it at the end of the season, he is the receiver I hope we get. He is the most physically gifted and talented WR in the draft. The only thing that keeps him from being the top WR in the draft is his off the field issues and the fact he hasn't played in over a year.

I think when it comes to miami was dgb kicked off the team at missouri or not??? If the answers yes i think this staff is gonna auto remove him from our board before we get to any of the other stuff

I really do...

yup, i can see this too

hopefully though they take their time and really look into this kid more, himself and whom he really is and could be... evaluate over time. communicate with him... have dinner with him Hickey!!!

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

I said it at the end of the season, he is the receiver I hope we get. He is the most physically gifted and talented WR in the draft. The only thing that keeps him from being the top WR in the draft is his off the field issues and the fact he hasn't played in over a year.

totally agree... what i've been saying all along too

He's not on my board and I seriously doubt he's on Miami's board. Even if i could get past the former off the field issues, I have no trust that we are the "type" of organization that is a good fit for him. I think people need to analyze that a bit more.

This is not the team to handle players like DGB. We aren't built for it, and any argument that thinks that we are is blinded by measurables and potential.

Kevin White is a safer and less sexy pick that probably is a more productive WR for this team anyways . . . he's a "Dolphin player" . . . and laying everything out on the table there is NO WAY you take DGB over Kevin White if both are available at 14. White is more physical as well.

Back
Top Bottom