Draft Day Two Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Day Two Thread

agree but we don't know how those actually in charge feel. I have heard from some pundits that we may move back as the talent plateaus very shortly. If they love someone do what they need to do to get him is my philosophy
That depends on which players the coaching staff is looking at as being available as opposed to which players they would like regardless of cost.

Simpson, Avila, Kraft, Washington and LaPorta have been linked to Miami, as per, the Miami beat reporters. If you believe what they've written, Miami's pick at 51, if one these is available, will be amongst these players.

I would say Mayer and Washington probably won’t make it to us. LaPorta will tho
There are NINE teams ahead of us who either really need a TE or somewhat need a TE. There are 4 TEs you could say are worth taking. Mayer, Washington, LaPorta, and Kraft. To think any of those make it to us without us needing to move is dubious.

if fangio can’t make it work with what we already have then I don’t know what to say........right now every unit on defense is pretty good.......but on offense our TE room is average to below average......RB room is the same as last year which is also average and the OL had Ajax and Eich starting who might turn out to be good but we don’t know yet....our best OL can’t stay healthy at LT

For all these reasons, offense at 51 makes more sense to me but hey, I don’t get to make the decisions ....it's just my opinion

This is what makes football really interesting - the "unknown". - LOL

My order of preference;

1-Dawand Jones, OT
Although his size and behavior concerns me he is an immediate fix for a big problem. He may never make it to a second contract but I will worry about that later.

2- Darnell Washington, TE
I don’t think TE is all that high on the FO’s list but Washington provides immediate help in the run game and can help Jackson out in pass pro. Catch a pass every now and then and be a threat in the end zone and I’m good.

3- Brian Branch, S
Outside of Holland our cupboard is bare, particularly at SS. On the depth chart is a player coming back from a knee injury and a player that is on a one year contract as well as being on his third team in three years.

4- Trade back

Simpson, Avila, Kraft, Washington and LaPorta have been linked to Miami, as per, the Miami beat reporters. If you believe what they've written, Miami's pick at 51, if one these is available, will be amongst these players.
Is it true or is it misdirection? Only the swami knows...

Magic GIF by The Paley Center for Media
;-)

My order of preference;

1-Dawand Jones, OT
Although his size and behavior concerns me he is an immediate fix for a big problem. He may never make it to a second contract but I will worry about that later.

2- Darnell Washington, TE
I don’t think TE is all that high on the FO’s list but Washington provides immediate help in the run game and can help Jackson out in pass pro. Catch a pass every now and then and be a threat in the end zone and I’m good.

3- Brian Branch, S
Outside of Holland our cupboard is bare, particularly at SS. On the depth chart is a player coming back from a knee injury and a player that is on a one year contract as well as being on his third team in three years.

4- Trade back
Why do you think TO isn't high on the FO's list? DId you watch the 49ers games? Totally going TE.

I can't see porter Jr making it to 51 but for some miraculous reason he does, it would have to be a no brainer pick! I just hope he doesn't go in the division, like the Pats doubling down.😒

You would think the steelers would lock him up unless they get an offer to trade down that they can't refuse.

The question is, who needs a TE ahead of us?
According to this, I highlighted the teams that we should be concerned about: https://sports.yahoo.com/2023-nfl-draft-which-team-will-draft-a-te-first-180344074.html

Yellow = moderate need (according to article) but I still painted Raiders read as they are REALLY bare.
Red = definite need.

AZ
ATL
Balt
Buf
Car
Chi

Cin
Cle
Dal
Det
GB

Hou
Ind
Jax

KC
LAC
LAR
LV
US
I don’t think we need to get locked in at one position. I think we take the highest rated player at: OT, RB, Guard,CB,TE,LB,DT,EDGE available. It’s all good depending upon who is avaialble and what they are rated. A case could be made for all of those positions

I don’t think we need to get locked in at one position. I think we take the highest rated player at: OT, RB, Guard,CB,TE,LB,DT,EDGE available. It’s all good depending upon who is avaialble and what they are rated. A case could be made for all of those positions
TE please. Washington please.

Back
Top Bottom