Draft implications of this Sunday's game against NYG | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft implications of this Sunday's game against NYG

Which we can win with our multiple picks in both this year and next.

In others words... overpay. Mortgage the farm. Spend irresponsibly. Get taken to the cleaners. Trade the cow for magic beans.

That about right?

We're so thin in the Defensive backfield that it's going to be tough to stop the pass. We started with Jones, Bobby, X and Minkah and now not much. We won't win because we'll likely be without Parker and Wilson.

What if we tie them? I can imagine they have a series of tie breakers?
SOS determines draft order.

In the event that both teams have the same SOS then you go through a series of tie breakers with the first being head-to-head...the team that lost would pick in front of the team that won, the next tie breaker is record against conference opponents, then record against divisional opponents and last is a coin flip.

Losing out form here guarantees us at least the 3rd pick, because Washington will over take us at season's end on SoS, there is only .007 between us right now, but they have the stronger SoS left.

Winning out means we could be picking as low as 14.

We are not going to win all three, the best we'll do is beat both the giants and Bengals but lose to the Cheats, finishing on 5 - 11. In that scenario we could pick as low as 9.

Winning just one more game means we could be picking as low as 7.

I know which one of these scenarios I would prefer and one will be more beneficial for the team moving forward. Whooping that we beat the Giants and/or the Bengals at the tail end of 2019, will not be something that will go down in the history of the Miami dolphins forever to be remembered as a happy time.

I don't believe losing to NY puts us any higher as we would both be 3-11. The Giants would still be ahead of Miami since they have a lower SOS %. (.459 to .488).

What we need is for Washington to beat Philly and then we would jump from 4 to 3.

Not strictly true, becuase of the remaining fixtures, Washington will end the season with a higher SoS than us.

I didn't like to see how the Giants basically gave up in later stages of that game against the Eagles. You would think they had the Tank tag watching them give Philly that win. Phins have at least turned up.

In others words... overpay. Mortgage the farm. Spend irresponsibly. Get taken to the cleaners. Trade the cow for magic beans.

That about right?

I never said that however it’s an option with the giants. Personally I don’t see Burrows as that type however if Flores does then sure why not. We have 130 million in cap and any other position but QBs you’ll find quality to great players in free agency.

IMO if we don’t pick 1st or 2nd overall it doesn’t really matter how many games we win. There really isn’t a drop off talent wise once Joe Burrow and Chase Young are off the board.

I would like to see Rosen given a second chance, so as to see if he has improved but behind the current OL that could be a struggle.
If he didn't start Fitz I think he would lose a bit of respect from the locker room as this season's squad and even his own mind set is to put W's on the board.
Yeah we are 3-3 last 6 and as much as I want to see more of Rosen I don’t think that’s an option unless Fitz has a Fitz-like meltdown in a game and we get to see Rosen in garbage time which is pointless.

How can so many teams finish w 3 wins or less? Is that even possible / some of these teams still have to play each other like us vs giants and bengals. Giants play wash? It just seems odd to me that we have this many terrible records.

How can so many teams finish w 3 wins or less? Is that even possible / some of these teams still have to play each other like us vs giants and bengals. Giants play wash? It just seems odd to me that we have this many terrible records.

Why does our luck seem odd to you?

Back
Top Bottom