Draft implications of this Sunday's game against NYG | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft implications of this Sunday's game against NYG

I just don’t see him as someone you mortgage your future with. Too much risk, he isn’t an Andrew luck or soon to be Trevor Lawerence who spent 3-4 years as a great nfl prospect, Burrows came out of no where to be top qb. Now Burrows can certainly be great in the nfl but if you’re going to mortgage your future that propect better have the resume to do so. If the price is right go up and grab burrow but if it’s high then take the chance on Tua or trade back 2-3 times pick up 1-2 1st and 2nd rounds next year then trade the farm for Lawerence.
Either way u can do. But u got give something a team want in return. Rosen ain't answer so they know what they want in Qb. I will just sit back and see what they do.

The best shot at getting Burrow is if we win. Not that I am endorsing that move, just food for thought to all who want Burrow. I personally like winning, call me crazy...

So you don’t think Burrow is going number 1 overall? Why do you think winning gives us a better shot at Burrow? Just curious?

So you don’t think Burrow is going number 1 overall? Why do you think winning gives us a better shot at Burrow? Just curious?
If the Bengals select #1 they will take Burrow. If the Giants select 1st, they would be more open to trade the pick. They already have their QB and need tons of help elsewhere. We would need to beat the Giants and lose to the Bengals. If the Giants and Bengals finish with the same record, the Giants get the 1st pick, they have the weaker SOS. Burrow will go #1, our best shot of getting him (if that's who the Phins want) is through the Giants, not the Bengals. Even if we lose out, we will not be able to move up to the 1st pick, our only shot is a trade with the Giants, so we have to beat them and help them get the top pick. No other team can match us in draft capital and the Giants would not trade that pick to the Redskins. We would have a clear path if they wanted him.

If the Bengals select #1 they will take Burrow. If the Giants select 1st, they would be more open to trade the pick. They already have their QB and need tons of help elsewhere. We would need to beat the Giants and lose to the Bengals. If the Giants and Bengals finish with the same record, the Giants get the 1st pick, they have the weaker SOS. Burrow will go #1, our best shot of getting him (if that's who the Phins want) is through the Giants, not the Bengals. Even if we lose out, we will not be able to move up to the 1st pick, our only shot is a trade with the Giants, so we have to beat them and help them get the top pick. No other team can match us in draft capital and the Giants would not trade that pick to the Redskins. We would have a clear path if they wanted him.
This makes a lot of sense actually.... but the Bengals need to start winning

When the whole tank for Tua talk started, Burrows wasn't a prospect being spoken about. Since then, it's fair to say the Dolphins organisation has tightened up in terms of leaking information to the public.

Maybe the FO has fallen in love with Burrows and would be willing to trade potentially 2 1st's & 1 first next year to get him (If Giants pick #1). Personally, I'd rather see us pick 6/7 and watch the draft unfold, hopefully grab Tua with our 1A pick and sit him for a year. Then try pick up some pieces, whilst trading back when possible for 2021 picks.

That approach would really give us time to build some structure within the organisation with 2 X FA & 2 X draft windows, before really making a push in 2022.

When the whole tank for Tua talk started, Burrows wasn't a prospect being spoken about. Since then, it's fair to say the Dolphins organisation has tightened up in terms of leaking information to the public.

Maybe the FO has fallen in love with Burrows and would be willing to trade potentially 2 1st's & 1 first next year to get him (If Giants pick #1). Personally, I'd rather see us pick 6/7 and watch the draft unfold, hopefully grab Tua with our 1A pick and sit him for a year. Then try pick up some pieces, whilst trading back when possible for 2021 picks.

That approach would really give us time to build some structure within the organisation with 2 X FA & 2 X draft windows, before really making a push in 2022.
I'm not sold they want Burrows or are willing to give up capital for the 1st pick. I guess we'll see how it unfolds. Chase Young declaring he will return for his senior year throws a monkey wrench into the top of the draft. I think that actually helps us if the Giants wind up with the first pick and the Phins want it. He was probably the only player the G'men would have considered drafting with the 1st overall pick. They also need a tackle but I don't see them spending #1 on Thomas.

This makes a lot of sense actually.... but the Bengals need to start winning
Well if they beat us and we beat the Giants, that puts them into a tie with the Giants and the Giants win that. I think the Bengals will play better with Dalton playing.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out. I just want us to be able to get Burrow since I believe Tua will not be the NFL QB that everyone thinks he will be. I know this is an unpopular opinion so you can tell me that I am wrong in five years. :)

Even after all this, losing to the Giants will absolutely not surprise me. Barkley is gonna be hard to stop and Fitzpatrick could fall apart.

Or he and Parker continue where they left and he had 200 yards receiving and 2 touchdowns against one of the worst secondary play in the NFL.

18 mph winds today, I cant see Fitz having a lot of success in the air today..

Giants have a massive secondary need. They could trade out with us and still get Okudah so we can draft a qb.

provided we stay top 4 I’d say

I’d get a little more nervous at 7. I just don’t think this class has the top shelf talents to carry a trade out that far. Separate from the price

I don’t see the giants drafting a left tackle that high unless they were to dump nate solder this offseason.

Back
Top Bottom