Draft implications of this Sunday's game against NYG | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft implications of this Sunday's game against NYG

Draft order is weird. We lose to Giants and Washington and we're still behind them in the draft order?

Strength of Schedule. They play in a horrid division which helps them. The fact that the Patriots and Bills all have good records kills us

Giants beat Skins and we have it if we lose out.

Are you sure? Because Skins are currently ahead of us with same record. If they lose out too I think they’d have #2.

If the Bengals select #1 they will take Burrow. If the Giants select 1st, they would be more open to trade the pick. They already have their QB and need tons of help elsewhere. We would need to beat the Giants and lose to the Bengals. If the Giants and Bengals finish with the same record, the Giants get the 1st pick, they have the weaker SOS. Burrow will go #1, our best shot of getting him (if that's who the Phins want) is through the Giants, not the Bengals. Even if we lose out, we will not be able to move up to the 1st pick, our only shot is a trade with the Giants, so we have to beat them and help them get the top pick. No other team can match us in draft capital and the Giants would not trade that pick to the Redskins. We would have a clear path if they wanted him.
Ah...I understand the madness.

sadly, didn’t happen. :)

Depending upon health, we can still take Tua, red shirt him, see how it goes? We still have tons of salary cap room, and 5 other picks in first 3 rounds if we did that.

Strength of Schedule. They play in a horrid division which helps them. The fact that the Patriots and Bills all have good records kills us

That should only be a deciding factors IF the team didn't play head to head.

Are you sure? Because Skins are currently ahead of us with same record. If they lose out too I think they’d have #2.

Tbh, I'm not entirely sure now. Going into this on Tankathon we were .007 behind them, they just lost to a 7-7 team we just lost to a 3 win one and it's still .007. Perhaps what they are doing with their SoS is incorporating the remaining fixtures, that's the only explanation for it not moving. if that's the case then we need a tie in that skins giants game.

No. Tanking is disreputable and unethical and we and Flores are better than that.

Now... if Parker sits (and he should since concussions can kill and he's not 100%) we'll likely lose.

So we get to the same place... without losing our honor.
I understand the honor. Why not start Rosen? Can game snaps hurt his development?

That should only be a deciding factors IF the team didn't play head to head.
I don't think the NFL wants to giving an extra advantage for a team losing a game in a tiebreaker. There is already incentive for a team to lose games in term of draft position. I'm fine with keeping the tiebreakers out of a team's control.

We know that both the Redskins and Giants aren't drafting quarterbacks. While they may trade the pick for a team looking for QB, I think there are less teams than normal with bad records already looking to trade up for a QB.....which would mean that in order to take a Justin Herbert or an injured Tua, those teams are going to have to give up some decent draft capital. Not sure how willing they would be to do so.

Wins in the late window for MIN, ARI, JAX, ATL and LAR helps us a lot.

According to Matthew Cannata via twitter, he's beginning to think, Miami Won't draft a QB with it's 1st pick in the 1st round. Interesting tweet, for sure. Since the injury to Tua, you can make a case for Miami to look elsewhere in the top 5.

According to Matthew Cannata via twitter, he's beginning to think, Miami Won't draft a QB with it's 1st pick in the 1st round. Interesting tweet, for sure. Since the injury to Tua, you can make a case for Miami to look elsewhere in the top 5.

I don't think anyone can make that statement with a lot of cofidence at this point. Still a long time to go until the draft. Click bait most probably.

Back
Top Bottom