Draft Prospect Visits | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Prospect Visits

Ideally, you trade back so you can add Lindstrom and McCoy then you can set 3/5th of the line for about 5 years.

While I don't think Lindstrom at 13 is a bad pick as it helps the team out and feels like one of the safer picks. I would hate to take that over Burns or Oliver is they happen to end up there. If Oliver is there, I'm writing that name as I run the card up. The idea he would slip to 13 in insane, but teams do dumb things all the time...I mean we drafted Dion Jordan.

If Lindstrom is your guy and you're worried about trading down and somebody potentially taking him before you pick next, then **** it, take him at 13.

But if you're taking a guard at 13 he better be a perennial pro bowler.

If Lindstrom is your guy and you're worried about trading down and somebody potentially taking him before you pick next, then **** it, take him at 13.

But if you're taking a guard at 13 he better be a perennial pro bowler.

When you trade down, you risk losing out on a player like that. A good rule for a team is if you trade back 10 spots, you have 10 players you like at the spot in the draft. If the Dolphins lose out on Lindstrom in a trade back, you grab McCoy or Bradbury or Ford and call it a day.

I think Gary would fit our new style of defense as I think he’d be useful in multiple front options. The guy had some Reggie White physical comparisons during his much ballyhooed high school recruitment. You might say he hasn’t been super productive in terms of numbers but if you look at him, he’s got a very nice frame and good burst, etc.

Having said all that, if he’s the best option at 13, you might see Miami move down. Miami may be able to accumulate assets over investing in Gary’s role.

Another guy from Michigan I could see Miami coveting is Chase Winovich. He’s got that Patriot feel and with as many picks as they have, I could see them getting him. With his ability to set the edge, his motor, ability to get upfield and behind the LOS, etc, I could see him in that Vrabel, Ninkovich type role but Chase might have the best upside.

On a trade down, another guy not to dismiss is Trevor Lawrence. The NT position is interesting. If you get a Vince Wilford or Casey Hampton they can anchor your run defense for a long time. Really good ones like that are hard to find, though. If you whiff you can squander a high pick as Cleveland did when they bailed on Danny Shelton. I like Lawrence’s measurables and athleticism. I don’t know about his PED but I’d be interested lower in the first round.

Eric McCoy, Lindstrom, I’m all in on those guys. The Kentucky corner is getting talked up in the media and he looks really good too. We have a lot of good options in the first couple of rounds. What if you came out with Lawrence, McCoy, and Winovich? That’d be very scheme helpful.

If we dint get great value on a trade down and our options at 13 in the trenches are pedestrian, I’d be extremely impressed if the FO said &$#@ it and they just took Hockenson.

The Pats would consider moving up for him, so why not just beat them to the punch. Chad O’Shea would probably bang the table for this.

It’s so unlike Miami to do it, but I think they’d be universally praised.

man I really can't wait for the draft. Some of the "ideas" thrown out there are really crazy. A freaking guard at 13 and trade 4 1st round picks for Wilson?.....lol
22 more days till we see reality!!

I don't know.

What do you do if reality turns out to be a guard at 13?

I don't know.

If it is Lindstrom, I think you are happy that you are adding to a group that needs more help then any other. You get another top-level guy to put in front of the QB you draft next year.

Though trading for Wilson would make a lot of sense if true (not for 4 #1s...not even close), Miami said there would be no more huge FA or traded players with huge contracts...that includes to a lesser point, to the QB position.

So if by some rediculous 'all the stars' lined perfectly deals to get him did happen, he would have to agree to a deal that did not hold the team hostage for 4 or 5 years with top 3 QB money.

Pretty sure QB is the exception to any rules they may currently have. If we were lucky enough to have drafted a QB of Wilson's caliber 4 years ago and he was due to re-up you would pay him on par with other elite QBs. Wilson would give us our 1st real franchise QB since #13, you don't pass on that because you don't want to pay the dude his worth.

I don't know.

I'd know that all the people that didn't want to blame Grier were wrong. He has no more excuses now and nobody to blame but himself.

Pretty sure QB is the exception to any rules they may currently have. If we were lucky enough to have drafted a QB of Wilson's caliber 4 years ago and he was due to re-up you would pay him on par with other elite QBs. Wilson would give us our 1st real franchise QB since #13, you don't pass on that because you don't want to pay the dude his worth.

Though I agree being as he is an elite QB that is rare to get, you still don't know the mindset of the organization, what plans they have.

What if they believe one or more QBs coming out in the next 2-3 years could be close to or as elite as Wilson is, but at a cheaper price...what if they have a problem with him wanting top of the mountain type money. Either way, that's not even in my opinion the top reason it will be tough for him to land in Miami

Aside from the fact why would Seattle let Wilson go, If it was only Miami, and Wilson were to ask for rediculous money, I agree with you that in the end Miami would pay it, but the problem is, there will be quite a few teams fighting to get him, and there will be a bidding war, I don't know if Miami would be interested in putting all their eggs, time, attention, resources on just one player.

Finally Miami has no real O-line, question marks at coaching, and question marks all around the Offense and Defense, I do not know if Wilson has any stipulation in his contract for final say where he goes, but if he does, why would he want to go to a team that is re-tooling?

Believe me, if it were possible, I would jump ahead of the line hoping and believing it could get done, but just see so many obstacles against Miami.

Back
Top Bottom