Draft prospects worth the 18th overall pick for the Miami Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft prospects worth the 18th overall pick for the Miami Dolphins

I think that if you pass on WR at the top of the draft it almost forces you to reach for a WR with the second pick. If you address WR at the top then you can continue using BPA. It's possible that you could address WR by over-spending in FA but IMO that is almost always a mistake.

Najee Harris no matter what
I get the argument about not taking a RB in round 1, but there are exceptions and Harris is one for me.

His vision, patience, feet, speed, power and receiving make him a solid pick at #18.

Hunt played well from week 12 on at RT, if Kindley becomes a mauler at RG, Miami’s offense improves tremendously with Harris.

A Sewell / Smith / Chase + Harris in the 1st round would get an “A” grade from me, which means nothing other than I would be happy. 😀

Wilson and, especially, Hurns should have absolutely no influence on Miami upgrading the wide receiver position by any means possible. There is actually not one, even including Gesicki, player that would keep me from trying to upgrade the skill position players. If Pitts is available with Miami's second first round pick, I would run the card up there.
Again... we disagree. Nothing new there.

Drafting for need makes sense unless youre really reaching. Getting a 'BPA' guy while ignoring a key need only makes sense if that BPA guy just blows away the talent level of the 'position-of-need' options.
If of P O N guy is within 5 spots of comparability to the BPA guy, you take the P O N guy.

I did feel, watching the last 2 games of our season, that our inability to rush the passer Really hurt the team.
Josh Allen had time to peel a kiwi back there.
If we're honest and admit that we're never going to match up 100% at the QB position with the player Allen became (that even Buffalo couldnt project him ever being This good), then we're smart enough to know we have to stack the deck at other positions.
We really should Maximize Our Defense so that it's Clearly an advantage vs our opponents that have ridiculously special talents at QB.

Im for grabbing a supreme WR at 3, Chase or Smith, but Im going D with my next 2 picks unless the BPA value doesnt allow it (by a lot). Edge, safety or LB. We need unblockable, fast mofos to get after these QBs, create negative plays for the opposings Os, come up and pick off passes and level opppsing WRs (a killer FS), etc.

Regarding N Harris: I dont see Derrick Henry here. I see a guy caught from behind by DBs. When Henry breaks into the clear, it's a TD. I dont see that with Harris.
But, his 40 time will show that as well and maybe Ill stand corrected.

For a defensive guy like Flores, Parsons might be hard to pass up.

Personally, I'm sold on Smith there but only if Miami can't trade down.

If the Dolphins take Parsons, there will be receivers at #18 but not necessarily the separation guys. Moore, Toney might be a little high there. Marshall is great, but he's a lot like Parker.

For a defensive guy like Flores, Parsons might be hard to pass up.

Personally, I'm sold on Smith there but only if Miami can't trade down.

If the Dolphins take Parsons, there will be receivers at #18 but not necessarily the separation guys. Moore, Toney might be a little high there. Marshall is great, but he's a lot like Parker.
I liked Marshall early on but watched some more video of him where he looked lazy if the ball wasn't coming to him. I'm a pass on him now. I do like Elija Moore tho.

I did feel, watching the last 2 games of our season, that our inability to rush the passer Really hurt the team.
Josh Allen had time to peel a kiwi back there.
If we're honest and admit that we're never going to match up 100% at the QB position with the player Allen became (that even Buffalo couldnt project him ever being This good), then we're smart enough to know we have to stack the deck at other positions.
We really should Maximize Our Defense so that it's Clearly an advantage vs our opponents that have ridiculously special talents at QB.

Im for grabbing a supreme WR at 3, Chase or Smith, but Im going D with my next 2 picks unless the BPA value doesnt allow it (by a lot). Edge, safety or LB. We need unblockable, fast mofos to get after these QBs, create negative plays for the opposings Os, come up and pick off passes and level opppsing WRs (a killer FS), etc.
Agreed... you can only scheme so much... in the long run, we'll need a legitimate pass rusher.

Patrick Jones is a guy who I'd consider at #18 but, would pound the table for at 2A. He brings a versatile skill set. He's played both RDE and LDE in a 4/3. Has played both OLB spots and has also rushed from a standup MLB. I've seen him drop into coverage from that MLB spot on occasion as well. The only question I have about him, is he capable of playing a 3/4 DE in Flores scheme. I'm praying Miami's coaches are coaching the team Jones is assigned to, at the senior bowl. I love this kid. Think he's a truly underrated player, who's seriously being over looked.

Back
Top Bottom