Draft Rumors | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Draft Rumors

one thing is for sure, the 2 teams most interested in moving up for Mariotta are Philly and San Diego. Phillip Rivers has made it quite clear that if the CHaregers are going to LA, he will not be joining them

i heard in the stadium in LA they are building for the Chargers, they will be shooting off some sort of lightning, or electricity, somewhere and somehow when the Chargers score a TD!!! interesting, cool???

i heard in the stadium in LA they are building for the Chargers, they will be shooting off some sort of lightning, or electricity, somewhere and somehow when the Chargers score a TD!!! interesting, cool???

It's probably going to be kinda like when the tampa bay lightning score at their arena. If you're not familiar with it look it up. It's pretty bad ass. They put that in when they remodeled it.

Hypothetically speaking if you are Tennesee...would you rather have Phillip Rivers and SDs first round pick....or multiple 1s from Philly +a guy like fletcher cox/Kendrick's?

It's probably going to be kinda like when the tampa bay lightning score at their arena. If you're not familiar with it look it up. It's pretty bad ass. They put that in when they remodeled it.

good call... i didnt even think of that

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Hypothetically speaking if you are Tennesee...would you rather have Phillip Rivers and SDs first round pick....or multiple 1s from Philly +a guy like fletcher cox/Kendrick's?

multiple picks from philly and those guys!!!

Rivers is one of the best, it would be crazy to trade him. It's the guy you spend you're entire life looking for and picks are simply the tools you use to look. Who can they replace him with? Mariota? If he even falls that far? Crazy.

Rivers is one of the best, it would be crazy to trade him. It's the guy you spend you're entire life looking for and picks are simply the tools you use to look. Who can they replace him with? Mariota? If he even falls that far? Crazy.

That's the thing if they trade Rivers it would be a package to move up to #2 and take Mariota. I agree with you though...but if Rivers has told them he's not signing an extension (reports are he has) then what choice do they have? You could franchise him next year but after that it would be like 30+ mil a year which is crazy...not to mention your leader being disgruntled presents all kinds of problems

good call... i didnt even think of that

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

multiple picks from philly and those guys!!!

I'd have to agree Bane. Not sure Ten would though...Rivers makes them at least competitive right now.

If I were TN I'd try to get multiple picks/players this year plus someone's 1st next year so you have ammo to move up for a QB next year.

I'd have to agree Bane. Not sure Ten would though...Rivers makes them at least competitive right now.

If I were TN I'd try to get multiple picks/players this year plus someone's 1st next year so you have ammo to move up for a QB next year.

the right now for tenn would be nice, but not sure how far they really would reach in the right now though... thats why i would stick with what they have, and build more for the near future.

especially with how much longer is Rivers going to be playing and such too

Frank Clark has some off the field issues and is flying under the radar, but he's a pretty darned good player, run and pass games, looks good from a 3 point stance and also when UM dropped him into coverage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuLnA1Ro5T4

i know what you are talking about.... but i think he is a definite NO with his issues on and off the field.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jalen Collins failed multiple drug tests at LSU...along with only 10 starts. He was already a project..just a high ceiling one. I think he's falling hard...no way you can take that in the 1st...maybe 2nd tops.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

i know what you are talkinga bout.... but i think he is a definite NO with his issues on and off the field.

For us yeah don't think we go down that road...but someone will take him probably in the 3rd round. He can play...looks like a Seattle guy to me

Frank Clark has some off the field issues and is flying under the radar, but he's a pretty darned good player, run and pass games, looks good from a 3 point stance and also when UM dropped him into coverage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuLnA1Ro5T4

I've been hyping Clark for a while. As just a talent, he's a 1st RD guy, and I'd take him 10 out of 10 times over Dante Fowler. Lance Zierlein recently said that Clark is being talked about as a top-100 pick, so he's not completely off teams boards. If a team believes in his character, it's just a matter of how late they think they can get him. He'd be a rare find in the 2nd round. High-level athlete with great size and length (longer arms and bigger hands than Gregory), and he was much more productive than most people think.

2dIU9VG.png

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/frank-clark?id=2552629

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/04/07/cff-sig-stats-edge-defenders/

If he stays healthy and out of trouble, he should be the best Edge player drafted outside the 1st RD.

I also like Shaq Riddick, Preston Smith (could be there at 47), Danielle Hunter, Marcus Rush, and Trey Flowers after the 1st. Rush would be a SLB. Riddick could probably go DE or SLB, but Clark, Smith, Hunter, and Flowers could all play 4-3 DE.

I've been hyping Clark for a while. As just a talent, he's a 1st RD guy, and I'd take him 10 out of 10 times over Dante Fowler. Lance Zierlein recently said that Clark is being talked about as a top-100 pick, so he's not completely off teams boards. If a team believes in his character, it's just a matter of how late they think they can get him. He'd be a rare find in the 2nd round. High-level athlete with great size and length (longer arms and bigger hands than Gregory), and he was much more productive than most people think.

2dIU9VG.png

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/frank-clark?id=2552629

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/04/07/cff-sig-stats-edge-defenders/

If he stays healthy and out of trouble, he should be the best Edge player drafted outside the 1st RD.

I also like Shaq Riddick, Preston Smith (could be there at 47), Danielle Hunter, Marcus Rush, and Trey Flowers after the 1st. Rush would be a SLB. Riddick could probably go DE or SLB, but Clark, Smith, Hunter, and Flowers could all play 4-3 DE.

That combo of vert and shuttle is the kind of thing SACKSEER has wet dreams about. Plus those are some long, long arms. Longer than 6'6 Dion Jordan's arms iirc.

That's the thing if they trade Rivers it would be a package to move up to #2 and take Mariota. I agree with you though...but if Rivers has told them he's not signing an extension (reports are he has) then what choice do they have? You could franchise him next year but after that it would be like 30+ mil a year which is crazy...not to mention your leader being disgruntled presents all kinds of problems

If he's told them he won't sign an extension I would keep him and franchise him. From what I see, this year the franchise number for a QB is about 20m, so at worst it will be 22-23m next year. That buys you time, time in which Rivers can reevaluate his position. Next year you can look at things again. A lot would depend on what the root of the problem is, though.

That combo of vert and shuttle is the kind of thing SACKSEER has wet dreams about. Plus those are some long, long arms. Longer than 6'6 Dion Jordan's arms iirc.

Yeah, he's a stud. Low Risk 2 for Wado, Force player, rated in the 94.7th percentile by Three Sigma Athletes.

Back
Top Bottom