Drew Brees Jersey Number | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Brees Jersey Number

Brees

Everybody wrote Brees off his Senior year in high school because of a knee injury which is why none of the big Texas Schools recruited him. He will be fine and will return to his pro-bowl form (question of who he does it with). Everybody writes him off for some reason or another, but I have followed him enough to know that he will triumph and light it up with some team. The guy is as tough a competitor as I have ever seen and also is a great team leader. The San Diego players can't believe (injury or not) that the chargers are letting him go.

Since 15 was unavailable Brees chose 9 to honor Ted Williams, who is from the San Diego area.

I got to say, when (and if) he does get a # I will snap that thing up quick.

It'll be nice to feel comfortable dropping $75 on a QB jersey again...

FYI on NFL shop a feidler jersey is going for more than a madison one.

Yeah... that would be nice to be proud to wear the jersey again. Last one I bought was an orange Ricky one... which hasn't been touched since he left the team in 2004.

PhinFan8589 said:
You guys hate on Fiedler too much. He wasn't great, but he was as good as could be expected from an undrafted player with no starting experience before he was signed here. Ya know Brees is kind of built like Jay, it is gonna look weird with him at 9.

Good point...Jay didn't have the greatest arm, but he was a true competitor. Plus, we have to remember that any QB we have after Marino is scrutinized to the highest level. We were blessed with a QB (Marino) who was successful from the beginning. That can be a curse to the guy who lands here after him.

The first time he throws a deep ball that doesn't fall 10 yards short of the target, no one will be thinking about Fiedler when they see #9 anymore.

If we get him, I'd rather he'd take 15..........9 is just not a popular number with this franchise anymore.

Back
Top Bottom