Drew Brees possibly traded to Fins?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Brees possibly traded to Fins??

I think SD should stop drafting QB's......They always F*&k it up!!!!! Drew Brees , Ryan Leaf, etc.....They should have drafted Vick instead of trading the pick. Anyway, I don't want Brees or anyone elses garbage. their is a reason these guys become available. (See Griese) I want a Rookie drafted in ROUND 1!!!!!!!!! ........................................
...........................OR PEYTON MANNING!!!! lol.......

This is the dumbest thread ever. Brees has been nothing short of awful this season, proving beyond any doubt that he was a success in college because of Joe Tiller's system.

The board I was on during Brees rookie year was full of "why did we get Fletch when Brees was available". One in particular was so adamant about it on into the offleason that any time somebody disagreed with him he completely went off and eventually was banned.(I think I was on the herald board then)

Why would the Dolphins regret passing up on Brees? The guy has done nothing at all in the NFL.

I don't buy this story. I don't think the Dolphins are dumb enough to trade for Drew Brees.

Drew Breese does exactly what a good breeze does....he BLOWS!

We need Brunell. He's got 3-4 good years, and can take us all the way while we draft a prospect to take over for him in a couple years.

"Ix-nay" on the eeese-bray! I'd take Flutie over Breese!

:tongue:

Originally posted by SDFinFan
You heard it here first. The Chargers will trade Brees after this season. Rumor has it that Miami still regrets not drafting Brees in the late 1st round a couple of years ago. They are now willing to trade a 2nd and conditional pick for Brees. After the sideline eruption with Marty Schottenheimer yesterday, Brees is on his way out. San Diego will draft a QB, and Brees will be gone.

REACTION FIN FANS?!? DO YOU WANT BREES OR NOT???

We don't HAVE a 2nd round pick, Wankstadt gave it ti the Pats.

"I wonder how many of you were the ones whining a few years ago when we didn't select brees. Probably about 90% I would say."

considering we drafted Jamar Fletcher ahead of Brees when we were already set at CB, i would say that 90% would be a low estimate... i confess that i was among those going WTF? in hindsite neither player has amounted to much, and Miami isnt paying Brees first round QB money so i guess we came out ahead.

Originally posted by Jaj
I have a feeling Sage may pull a Quincy Carter and take the starting job in camp, as Carter did when Parcells rolled in. He has the work ethic and the talent to do it, plus the leadership. There is no reason for the Dolphins to not consider Sage Rosenfels. Get him a good line and a 2 WR and he will be fine.

i like sage too

__________________________________________________________________________________________
The Phins didn't miss anything with Brees. What they missed out on that year was Matt Hasselbeck.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

The Fins missed the opportunity to trade their pick to the Chargers --because EVERYONE knew they wanted Brees. We could have had the Chargers pick at the top of the 2nd round and an additional pick. Fletcher whould have STILL been there since Wanny had it hard for him--but at least we would have gotten another pick out of it. But no--the front office really slipped on this one. They fell to in love with ANOTHER defensive player--who is a bust at best thus far.

When the commish was stepping to the podium, I was saying, "Please no Drew Brees....Please no Drew Brees...".

I could understand the thought process behind drafting Fletcher. We just coming off the "Jerry Wilson debacle" at nickelback. And Sam Madison had signed a big contract. Not only where they upgrading the nickel spot, but they were also trying to gain some flexibility for the future.

Madison's play has fallen off. Just look around the board and you'll see the calls for him to be shipped off. Now wouldn't it have been nice to have had a young CB ready to step in, signed thru 2006?? That was the long-term thinking behind the pick. They just picked the wrong guy.

Originally posted by A.J. Fin
Drew Breese does exactly what a good breeze does....he BLOWS!

"Ix-nay" on the eeese-bray! I'd take Flutie over Breese!

:tongue:

:lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry: :lolcry:

Great post! That's awesome!
Oh wait...that was my own post!
Damn, I'm good. "Good job A.J."
"Thanks A.J."
"You're welcome A.J."
"No problem A.J."

Originally posted by FaithfulFinFan
The Phins didn't miss anything with Brees. What they missed out on that year was Matt Hasselbeck.

The Fins missed the opportunity to trade their pick to the Chargers --because EVERYONE knew they wanted Brees. We could have had the Chargers pick at the top of the 2nd round and an additional pick. Fletcher whould have STILL been there since Wanny had it hard for him--but at least we would have gotten another pick out of it. But no--the front office really slipped on this one. They fell to in love with ANOTHER defensive player--who is a bust at best thus far.

But you're forgetting the fact that Fletcher might NOT have been there. Indianapolis was behind us. And we did not want them getting Fletcher. It was kinda like when they made sure they picked Trev Alberts in '94 because they knew we wanted him and considered trading up if he fell a bit.

Instead, we stole Fletcher from them. And they settled for Reggie Wayne. Thank goodness for that!! ;)

Remember, we also tried trading up into the teens for Santana Moss and then for Adam Archuleta in hopes of making him a WLB.

Yes but we also had needs for a TE at that time. Todd Heap anyone. There were are also good DTs like Jenkins available.

I remember making a post about this in the middle of the season. The Dolphins original desire after they failed to get Santana Moss was Deuce McCallister. Nobody expected him to be picked by the teams after Detroit and unfortunately New Orleans pulled a fast one on us.

Back
Top Bottom