Drew Brees possibly traded to Fins?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Brees possibly traded to Fins??

Originally posted by inFINSible
Check my post about halfway down the thread ....the one that starts off with....."Never let it be said.......' (I'm not writing the rest of that sentence again!!)

Thanks for the link. The thing is though, we're pretty much going into next season not knowing who will be QB, starter or backups. We also know we'll be strapped for cash on the salary cap. Let's say we start Sage, he lights it up, shows that he indeed has lots of potential. Other teams see that and one of them who's drafting later in the rounds wants him bad enough to seriously outbid Miami and give up a 1st. So now we're back to square 1, going into the season not knowing who our QBs will be and knowing we had a future starter we could have kept if we had just sat him that last game. Would that extra 1st rd pick be enough to compensate for that, the draft being the crapshoot it is? Remember Ryan Leaf?

There are alot of one year wonders. That is one thing in our favor to not have someone jump on him, besides a good quarterback in Miami is treated like a God. Sage would not jump, because he would not want to take the chance and second if he is having success here, he wants more success here.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
So this ends with the ole adage,,hindsight is 20\20 foresight...Nobody knew what would happen, SD has had their burst at QB and we with 1 CB...Bree's first year wasn't that bad, under Norv he may blossum..I still then Sage is the answer...if only you guys seem him in washington before Steve decided to keep his former players..I think, and I've said this often, Sage is another Brady waiting to happen..He will have his first 2 games not that great until he gets settled to the NFL, then he will take off..I feel it.

True, but 20/20 or not, you don't use a #1 on a nickle back. Not ever !! ;)

Back
Top Bottom