Drew Brees possibly traded to Fins?? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Brees possibly traded to Fins??

Yup, there were lots of nice players available. The Saints got us on that one. McCallister's durability was a concern. But I think we'd have grabbed him.

Luckily we got them back in Round 2 (Chambers).

Originally posted by MNFINFAN
I thought we gave our 2nd rnd pick to NE this year? A 4th rnd pick would be fairer for the fins.

He's not worth anymore than a 4th rndr.

Sage

Anyone who says they KNOW how Sage would do are the same idiots that say they know everything and would rather us fail to prove themselves right. Sage has teh physical tools, seems to have mental toughness, so what does this mean, he MAY turn out to be a good qb. He MAY NOT, but YOU CANNOT TELL UNTIL HE GETS A SHOT! I like the kid, he does not bring the baggage of all these experienced NFL qbs that are being thrown around. Brunell would have been great three years ago, Brees? Nope based on past performance. Who do you want that you KNOW will be great? Why not give a young kid that has shown flashes in preseason and had a nice drive for our only score in the Tenn game a shot to see what he can do?

This is why he should start on Sunday, give the coaches some idea of what they want to do based on his performance. Now I know 1 game doesnt prove anything and still should draft a qb, but if he plays well, they can maybe wait til the third to get a qb like Navarre or someone similar and draft a big mean physical O-lineman.

This is why I was against Griese, why I am against most other qbs mentioned since last year, why do we want someone who couldnt get it done where they were at. The only one last year that intrigued me was Plummer, he at least had a built in excuse, he played for a sorry organization, so there was some reasoning that a better team would allow him to flourish and he seems to be doing pretty fair in Denver. Who thought Brady would do what he has done before 2001? He was given a shot and ran with it. You can yes find other examples of who has failed, but point is you need to give him a shot.

Originally posted by Muck
When the commish was stepping to the podium, I was saying, "Please no Drew Brees....Please no Drew Brees...".

Same here. I wanted a damn receiver, as usual(Give me Chambers, Moss, and Harrison.. I will talk about rd.1 WRs). Chambers and Johnson were the guys that I really wanted.

Miami faught their asses off going after Santana Moss. They offered their 1st/3rd, but we picked 26th and the Jets picked 19th. The Steelers took their offer of course, the no brainer, to allow the Jets to move up to #16. Doesn't matter anyway, Denver would've took Moss over Middlebrooks.

I totally understood why we took a CB. I questioned Fletcher because he wasn't a bump and run corner at Wisconsin. The corner we actually targeted was Willie Middlebrooks who went to Denver. Personally I wanted Kendrell Bell or Tommy Polley. There is NO way Miami trades anything for Drew Brees. He's no upgrade over what we have.

Originally posted by Dolphin Dan
I think SD should stop drafting QB's......They always F*&k it up!!!!! Drew Brees , Ryan Leaf, etc.....They should have drafted Vick instead of trading the pick. Anyway, I don't want Brees or anyone elses garbage. their is a reason these guys become available. (See Griese) I want a Rookie drafted in ROUND 1!!!!!!!!! ........................................
...........................OR PEYTON MANNING!!!! lol.......

You would take Vick over Tomlinson? No way!

Vick really has done nothing in the league yet he's heralded as some sort of God. He is terrible with both accuracy and touch, two important features in a QB. He has horrible mechanics in his drops, and can't seem to read his progressions worth a darn.

He is exciting and fast, but he's not that great of a true QB. Look at his passing numbers sometime.

LT is probably the best back in the league. For all the excuses we make about RW for his line sucking and stacked boxes, the team not having any other players to help him and take pressure off of him. It's even WORSE in SD. They also have a terrible O-line, no WR core, and teams stack the line to stop LT and he still not only averages a nice clip per carry he catches more balls than any other RB ever.

I'd take LT hands down.

Originally posted by Boomer
I totally understood why we took a CB.

Exactly. At the time, Miami needed a nickel back. We had NO IDEA that Terry Cousin would make the impact that he had with us in 2001.

IMO, we should've picked Smoot if going in the CB direction. He was the top rated CB before whatever happened to him.

He got into small time trouble right?

So this ends with the ole adage,,hindsight is 20\20 foresight...Nobody knew what would happen, SD has had their burst at QB and we with 1 CB...Bree's first year wasn't that bad, under Norv he may blossum..I still then Sage is the answer...if only you guys seem him in washington before Steve decided to keep his former players..I think, and I've said this often, Sage is another Brady waiting to happen..He will have his first 2 games not that great until he gets settled to the NFL, then he will take off..I feel it.

Re: Sage

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
Anyone who says they KNOW how Sage would do are the same idiots that say they know everything and would rather us fail to prove themselves right. Sage has teh physical tools, seems to have mental toughness, so what does this mean, he MAY turn out to be a good qb. He MAY NOT, but YOU CANNOT TELL UNTIL HE GETS A SHOT! I like the kid, he does not bring the baggage of all these experienced NFL qbs that are being thrown around. Brunell would have been great three years ago, Brees? Nope based on past performance. Who do you want that you KNOW will be great? Why not give a young kid that has shown flashes in preseason and had a nice drive for our only score in the Tenn game a shot to see what he can do?

This is why he should start on Sunday, give the coaches some idea of what they want to do based on his performance.

I'll give you a reason why Sage shouldn't start Sunday. Because he'll be a FA this upcoming offseason. As of now, he's relatively unknown and can be resigned pretty cheap, considering. Start him this last game, he may just show everyone he very well could and should be a starter in this league and then he will have the upper hand in negotiations, probably going elsewhere.

Yeah, 1972, that's a flawed theory that I came up with awhile back....just yesterday I was informed that Sage would be a restricted FA.....that changes everything.....If we were to showcase him and he plays well we could possibly turn losing him into gaining a number one draft pick.....hold on a minute and I'll get you the link to the explanation.....

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

You would take Vick over Tomlinson? No way!

Vick really has done nothing in the league yet he's heralded as some sort of God. He is terrible with both accuracy and touch, two important features in a QB. He has horrible mechanics in his drops, and can't seem to read his progressions worth a darn.

He is exciting and fast, but he's not that great of a true QB. Look at his passing numbers sometime.

He did awesome last year when he was healthy. He has excellent accuracy look at his INT numbers last year and the TD/INT Ratio. His touch is there, as well as his velocity. Plus he has the legs which are an extra weapon.

Originally posted by Prime Time

He did awesome last year when he was healthy. He has excellent accuracy look at his INT numbers last year and the TD/INT Ratio. His touch is there, as well as his velocity. Plus he has the legs which are an extra weapon.

Your accuracy and touch arguments are so far away from being true I won't even get into it with you.

Brees is not a good player and certainly not someone we'd TARGET as a successor to this team.

Sage playing also will show us if he can play in this league. I'm sorry guys, he's only played a few plays in this league but those plays I saw showed me a guy who looked like a deer in the headlights when he was out there.

Players who have "it" are never scared because they believe in themselves and their teammates.

Back
Top Bottom