Drew Lock Meets With Dolphins | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Lock Meets With Dolphins

I’m 50/50 on Lock. But wouldn’t be mad at the gamble.

The jewel in this draft is Murray. Let’s trade up.

Never saw him play, but to play devil's advocate, all receivers drop balls. How disproportionate were the drops compared to other teams?

DpulGRbUYAElUNg.jpg

Granted this is the SEC and he is right in the middle for dropped passes.

Now, I always wonder about dropped passes...When I watch Tua play I can't think of another player that throws a better ball or has better ball placement, I think that does play a factor. Dwayne Haskins is also pretty special in throwing a catch-able balls.

I'm off the Drew Lock bandwagon. He is borderline. I'm giving him the benefit of doubt, and he just wants to fk around. He is like a five year old, he just wants to play in a sandlot. That's what I'm getting from these interviews, He is not focused. Fk! I don't like it!

You LOVED and rave about Lock when everyone wasn’t so sure, yet when there’s a thread of people throwing around some positive vibes about him as a prospect you come in and post this.

Blasphemy I tell Ya

I'm not sure Murray will be available at any cost. Zona seems like he will be theirs no matter what offers come in. I guess everybody has their price though.

LOCK does have a really quick release (ala DAN) but from what I've seen he has 3/4 release point. Any others see this or think it could be a problem?

I see him with the ability to change his release point. He has a quick release and does it at different angles. I’ve see him throw some nice balls with just the flick of a wrist too.

Haskins can be special IMO. He reminds me of a bigger Russel Wilson. My top three QBs over the next two drafts are Hebert, Haskins, and Lock. I think Murray is too small and won’t hild up. I think Tua and Fromm are both overrated.

If Haskins or Lock are there at 13 or within range to go get one without selling the famr then do it. If not drop back and get pick for 2020 so you can move up if needed.

I like Haskins as much as the next guy, but please explain this? Because I don't see that at all. I see Ben Roethlisberger

I don’t see Ben. Haskins throwing motion looks more compact like Wilson. Haskins isnt a runner, but quick enough feet to escap pressure. Wilson has extremely quick feet and is not looking to run. Ben has what I call awkward athleticism. He can escape pressure but it’s usually by making defenders bounce off of him becyof his size.

Swapping 1sts and giving a 2 this year puts us within 130 points of Tampa's 5 according to the trade value chart assuming my math is correct (failed algebra twice).

Cut the value of our 2nd rounder this year in half and it's worth 210 points. So I'd give next years 2nd rounder a value of 210 or at the very least more than 130.

So, presumably, Tampa's number 5 could be had by swapping 1s and giving a 2 this year and a 2 next year. To me, that's a cheap price for the QB of the future.

I doubt it'll be that easy but on the off chance it is, pull the trigger.

I'm convinced we are taking either Murray haskins or lock

Lock is my QB1....The problem is they may all go in the top ten... will they trade up?

I’ve said I would trade to 8 or 9... that wouldn’t be terribly expensive... and get ahead of Denver.

Here is a report on Lock after his pro day!

This is a three-horse race. Lock isn't that far behind Murray and Haskins as the top quarterback in this class. The 6-foot-3, 228-pound quarterback is almost a combination of the two: He has the big frame of Haskins and the arm to hit all of his throws, but he also has the athleticism and mobility of Murray to create and buy time when he needs to. And Lock's pro day was tailored around that, showcasing his ability to make difficult throws look easy.

Consistency has come up as a strike against him, but you have to consider the full picture there. He didn't have the assets that Murray had at Oklahoma or Haskins had at Ohio State. There weren't any first-rounders lining up on the outside or high-end prospects on the offensive line.

Instead, Lock faced a loaded SEC schedule and navigated three different offensive coordinators over four years at Mizzou.

Lock scares the crap out of me. His footwork is crap and he flat our stunk against top competition.

His team was overmatched in many SEC games... he had no pro prospects on his O-line. Still he rolled #8 Florida... Put 50 on Tennessee... rolled Arkansas... was respectable against Georgia, not sure what your referring to unless it’s the Alabama... where his team was physically overmatched.

If this kid is there at 13 we better take him. He is going to be a good NFL Starter. He can sit for a year getting NFL speed while he learns the system like rookies on a bad team are supposed to. We can’t pass on another legitimate starter. This guy is being overlooked like Brees and Rogers but Lock is a Lock and if he’s there we have to pull the trigger. We’ve waited long enough it’s time for our franchise QB and this kid is it.

I agree with you... if I was in charge I would be ready to move to 8 or 9 if he’s there and get ahead of Denver.

I think every team that passes on him will regret it.

His team was overmatched in many SEC games... he had no pro prospects on his O-line. Still he rolled #8 Florida... Put 50 on Tennessee... rolled Arkansas... was respectable against Georgia, not sure what your referring to unless it’s the Alabama... where his team was physically overmatched.

Exactly. Even with the Alabama game, where he definitely made some mistakes, I was impressed despite how clearly over matched his teammates were.

Haskins barely has a full year starting and Falk got cut from a Titans team that always needs a backup QB, how is Haskins the most ready with 14 games under his belt vs a 4 year starter with an NFL arm?

Re Haskins - Career stats Ohio State (22 Games)

413 Completions 590 Attempts 70.0% 5396 Yards 54 TDs 9 Int 174.0 Rating

His completion % and TD/Int ratio (nearly 2 year sample) are impressive.
Couple that with his "classic pocket" game + NFL ready arm + size + work habits +
NFL ready "touch" + anticipation (i.e., "can throw open a receiver").

That said -- I did NOT say he's ready right now to start -- just the furthest along the curve IMO.

Regarding Falk -- Given your question on Haskins (experience) I'd assume you'd like his college career
4 year starter = lots of experience. His stats:

1403 Attempts 2054 Comp 68.3% 14481 Yards 119 TDs 39 Int 142.8 Rating

Gotta like the comp % and again TD/Int ratio.

I like the kids story (as a walk on) and he's proven to be a dude who just keeps working on his game
and finds a way = he's got "it" upstairs (at least the basics of "it"). I also really like his release
(quick) and obviously accuracy.

Both guys above are not "state-of-the-art" QB athletes in terms of wheels -- tho Haskins has
the ARM and superior pocket aptitude IMO. Either dude, given a positive curve of
NFL development (which is speculation on all fronts) can beat you...

Last, I take it you're a Lock fan. No prob with that in my view. There's a lot to like but
his comp % is a legit concern in terms of translating to the NFL. But great arm and
excellent athlete... Needs some significant work is the consensus I see.
Hence, not ready for live NFL bullets.

BNF

Last edited:
I recorded the 2 hours of supposed pro day coverage for lock yesterday went to watch it this morning full 2 hours never threw the ball one time.

Thanks nfl network for your crappy scheduling. Obviously Missouri wasn’t on the same schedule.

Back
Top Bottom