Drew Lock Meets With Dolphins | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Drew Lock Meets With Dolphins

I don’t see Ben. Haskins throwing motion looks more compact like Wilson. Haskins isnt a runner, but quick enough feet to escap pressure. Wilson has extremely quick feet and is not looking to run. Ben has what I call awkward athleticism. He can escape pressure but it’s usually by making defenders bounce off of him becyof his size.

I'm really struggling to see how he resembles Wilson. Wilson has a drawn out release that resembles more of a baseball motion, it's the opposite of compact. Wilson is a top tier athlete, Haskins is the least athletic QB of the top 5 prospects by a mile.

You think Haskins is like roethlisberger when you watch him and come away thinking he’s 6 foot 5 and 245 lbs.

Which he’s not. Barely 230. 6 foot 3 and 1/2 I guess it is.

I’m not really sure who to comp Haskins with cause he’s more advanced a pocket read qb than his experience level should indicate.

Swapping 1sts and giving a 2 this year puts us within 130 points of Tampa's 5 according to the trade value chart assuming my math is correct (failed algebra twice).

Cut the value of our 2nd rounder this year in half and it's worth 210 points. So I'd give next years 2nd rounder a value of 210 or at the very least more than 130.

So, presumably, Tampa's number 5 could be had by swapping 1s and giving a 2 this year and a 2 next year. To me, that's a cheap price for the QB of the future.

I doubt it'll be that easy but on the off chance it is, pull the trigger.

You also have to look at the team you are trading with. If you are trading with a team like Tampa who might be in the QB stakes as well it will cost you more, much more than the pick value chart. It might almost be cheaper to trade with Oakland and jump Tampa.

Swapping 1sts and giving a 2 this year puts us within 130 points of Tampa's 5 according to the trade value chart assuming my math is correct (failed algebra twice).

Cut the value of our 2nd rounder this year in half and it's worth 210 points. So I'd give next years 2nd rounder a value of 210 or at the very least more than 130.

So, presumably, Tampa's number 5 could be had by swapping 1s and giving a 2 this year and a 2 next year. To me, that's a cheap price for the QB of the future.

I doubt it'll be that easy but on the off chance it is, pull the trigger.

Agreed... I also think 8 or 9 could be had for our 3rd rounder and 13. After Zona’s pick... presumably for Murray... the Giants would be the next likely QB taker at 6(unless they want to wait till 17, Daniel Jones?)

Last edited:
He would be a gamble. I think a good quarterback coach would love to work with him, though.

You think Haskins is like roethlisberger when you watch him and come away thinking he’s 6 foot 5 and 245 lbs.

Which he’s not. Barely 230. 6 foot 3 and 1/2 I guess it is.

I’m not really sure who to comp Haskins with cause he’s more advanced a pocket read qb than his experience level should indicate.

That's pretty funny... Yea, I was like sold the dude was 6-5 245 whatever... He looks HUGE on the field!

Does he somehow swell up when he plays???

:)

You also have to look at the team you are trading with. If you are trading with a team like Tampa who might be in the QB stakes as well it will cost you more, much more than the pick value chart. It might almost be cheaper to trade with Oakland and jump Tampa.

Tampa’s not going QB this year in round 1, Bruce Arians loves Jameis Winston and believes he has can make him elite! I actually think the Raiders Would be more likely than Tampa(but I don’t think either one will).

A lot of people formed there opinion on Lock a while back. Those folks want us to stay the hell away from him. I had paid zero attention to him until he led his Mizzou to a butt kicking of my Gators in the swamp this past season, he was absolutely outstanding that day, and from there on out I watched pretty much every play till the end of the season. What I saw was a QB who appeared to be on the top of his game and a huge prospect. I'm not saying my high opinion of him is right and other folks (many of whom are way better at evaluating these kids than I) are wrong but I do feel there is a potential franchise guy there but like everyone else he'll need to be in the right environment and with the right coaching to succeed.

My opinion still hasn't changed in terms of the draft. If he's there at 13 I take him but I'm not trading up.

A lot of people formed there opinion on Lock a while back. Those folks want us to stay the hell away from him. I had paid zero attention to him until he led his Mizzou to a butt kicking of my Gators in the swamp this past season, he was absolutely outstanding that day, and from there on out I watched pretty much every play till the end of the season. What I saw was a QB who appeared to be on the top of his game and a huge prospect. I'm not saying my high opinion of him is right and other folks (many of whom are way better at evaluating these kids than I) are wrong but I do feel there is a potential franchise guy there but like everyone else he'll need to be in the right environment and with the right coaching to succeed.

My opinion still hasn't changed in terms of the draft. If he's there at 13 I take him but I'm not trading up.

Absolutely agree...I went back and watched every throw in 6 games so far... as I said... I would go to 8 or 9 for him if the cost is a 3rd round pick as the trade value chart suggests.

Is it me or does he seem like a really goofy, super nice kid.

That's absolutely the common consensus on the guy and it's used as both positive and a negative. From the person perspective, he's as clean as you can get, there should be zero character concerns so there should be a check in the box there. However many have looked at his personality and questioned whether football means enough to him and does he have the ability to lead a group of grown ups in the nfl. He's often compared to Jay Cutler for this very reason, I think he looks a little like him too :) That should hopefully come out during these interview phases and you would think if a team takes him in the top half of round 1, he's convinced them on this aspect.

The nfls gonna be like a weekly matchup vs his top conference competition.

That’s probably the biggest red flag. His play against higher level competition.

I watched 4 conference tapes and ended up with a hard pass grade.

Back
Top Bottom