DVP Elite? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DVP Elite?

No doubt last year he was elite. He needs to show some more consistency and I’m curious how he responds to Preston Williams return. Early in the year it looked like Preston was gonna be the emerging WR and then once he got hurt that’s when Parker went nuts.

Remember that he was drafted in 2015. His total TDs before last season amounted to 9, the same amount he got last season. Elite should only be used imho when the player is consistent over time, not one season. I'm just happy he finally put up decent numbers last season. He took Gilmore to school last season which was great to see. He now has to do it again.

After years of mediocrity, after signing what basically amounts to a prove it deal he had 1 very promising season in an O built around a lot of YOLO balls. It is promising, but I still want to be see a lot more before I call him a no1 WR never mind elite.

His health has as much to do with it as his ability. When he has even a slight injury his production tends to drop off. Can he stay healthy long enough to become elite?

To be officially elite he needs to string a few seasons together like last year. However last season there were times where he was playing elite and flat out just could not be covered by anyone the defense threw at him.

If he would have had multiple years like he did last year then I might agree. But one good year does not make him elite. Maybe ask this question in few more years though.

What do you need to do to qualify for the elite category?
Good question - I am not a fan of the “elite” adjective. But if Parker gives us another season like last year he can call him self Supreme Leader of North Beach for all I care!

After years of mediocrity, after signing what basically amounts to a prove it deal he had 1 very promising season in an O built around a lot of YOLO balls. It is promising, but I still want to be see a lot more before I call him a no1 WR never mind elite.

His health has as much to do with it as his ability. When he has even a slight injury his production tends to drop off. Can he stay healthy long enough to become elite?
I entirely agree. I need more than 20% of his time as a Dolphin not sucking like a neutron star. Last year was awesome. Now go do it again.

Back
Top Bottom