DVP Elite? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

DVP Elite?

Another year like last and he will be elite.

A year like that with Tua and Miami is winning the AFCE and building towards many years of perennial contention.

It took him some time, because of a lack of maturity but spongebob is coming on strong..

coming out of Louisville he was so so good, so graceful along the sideline, had him just a notch below Aj green.

He is NOT elite, he 1 good year since he got here. Not saying he can't take that next step but to say he is even close to being elite your crazy. Fact of the matter is Parker wouldnt be a number 1 WR on alot of other NFL teams. WR is one of our weakest areas right now.

I don’t know if there’s a correlation but since Gase left DVP seems like a different guy, has a bit more swag looks alive.

It all depends on his usage and availability to be used. If he's healthy and gets the targets most elite level receivers get he'll be fine. But has been stated before, part of the reason Parker finally got a lot of attention by the offense in the passing game was due to injuries of other players and recent departures of Stills and Landry that left him to inherit the role be default. If a healthy Williams and Wilson and an improving Gesicki results in Parker getting 5 or 6 targets per game he's not going to put up elite like numbers. He'll still flash a highlight film play here and there, just as he did in seasons prior to 2019, but it won't be a frequent as last year or as impactful.

I don’t know if there’s a correlation but since Gase left DVP seems like a different guy, has a bit more swag looks alive.

I think it had to do more with Landry and Stills being gone. Parker was left to be the senior member and the alpha in the receiver room. Before he was really the third wheel and seemed content to play the role of Alfred while Landry and Stills were Batman and Robin. I think it was more of Parker not wanting to rock the boat or challange the roles of the other recievers instead of him just lacking interest in the role.

Last edited:
I think it had to do more with Landry and Stills being gone. Parker was left to be the senior member and the alpha in the receiver room. Before he was really the third wheel and seemed content to play the role of Alfred while Landry and Stills were Batman and Robin.
Landry and Stills were no Batman and Robin, more like mermaid man and barnacle boy. I always thought Landry was a good number 2 WR and slot WR. Stills was no more than speed. Our WR core over the years has had talent but overall has been pretty trashy. Brandon Marshall was the last true number 1 WR we had.

He finally got a real opportunity and a fresh start after Gase basically destroyed his career trajectory. Elite? Not sure about that YET. Ascending? Absolutely. If he strings together another year like this past one we may have one. That contract extension sure looks like a good deal as of this very moment. By the time his contract is up the WR position imo will be drastically devalued. Timing for his contract and when it expires is absolutely perfect.

Yep, has been since college and most of y'all gave up on him a while back.

And now his p***** all healed up, watch out NFL we coming!

Back
Top Bottom