Eagles trade Wentz to Colts makes new trade partner with the Dolphins. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles trade Wentz to Colts makes new trade partner with the Dolphins.

Well maybe they dont believe is is a sure shot starter? Maybe they want a blue chip QB for competition best man wins. Could be alot of reasons. Hurst is not Tom Brady.

He looked fine to me last season. He played better down the stretch than Wentz. So much in fact that they feel comfortable enough to trade Wentz. That move doesn't suggest they're going to be desprate enough to give up resources to trade up for a Qb.

That's how i read the situation and i could certainly be wrong.

just saw a BR story saying they are going to bring in competition so they are not convinced
Will listen to WIP on way home from work to hear the buzz...lol

Philly has traded Carson Wentz to Indianapolis for a 2021 3rd RD pick and a conditional 2022 2nd RD pick that could turn into a 1st.

This is kind of surprising to me considering rumors were that Chicago offered 2 2nd RD picks but I guess Frank Reich used some of his pull from his Philly days. I thought they’d get a tad more.
If Wentz plays 70% of the snaps AND the Colts make the playoffs that 2nd becomes a 1st.

Could, potentially, if

Look, I understand the pick has value, and there will assuredly be offers.

That's not the same thing as "driver's seat" or "huge haul" of compensation.

It means we have a good asset, and some flexibility. No more, no less.

While I don't disagree with your first two sentences, I think your third sentence is a little weak.

The reality is that a lot of teams are probably looking to the draft for a QB. Nothing new there.

What is new is the number of teams with a selection in the top 12 of the first round of the draft this year that may be in serious need of a QB. I think there may end up being 3 or 4 teams in that category. The significance of this situation is not that the #3 pick becomes more important, but that there are a number of teams just a few selections away that could be extremely interested in trading up to get that pick. Since the size of the jump isn't huge, the desirability to make that kind of trade becomes more "doable" in the eyes of those teams.

With that kind of draft starting to appear with some of the trades that have already been set up, our chances of finding a trade partner who would still leave us in the top 12 become better and better. With our current draft selections we could conceivably trade down twice while maintain the same number of 1st round selections and adding 2, 3 or even 4 more selections later in the draft.

Now all that is supposition but this supposition is very reasonable in my view. I also think our current FO would like more draft picks, even if some are lower, to help improve the team then to rely on having a draft success with fewer players. Considering what happened last year, I feel this is the way the FO wants to go.

Per Adam Shafter

Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell @mortreport and me.

Told someone in here yesterday Eagles were drafting a qb so there you go.

While I don't disagree with your first two sentences, I think your third sentence is a little weak.

The reality is that a lot of teams are probably looking to the draft for a QB. Nothing new there.

What is new is the number of teams with a selection in the top 12 of the first round of the draft this year that may be in serious need of a QB. I think there may end up being 3 or 4 teams in that category. The significance of this situation is not that the #3 pick becomes more important, but that there are a number of teams just a few selections away that could be extremely interested in trading up to get that pick. Since the size of the jump isn't huge, the desirability to make that kind of trade becomes more "doable" in the eyes of those teams.

With that kind of draft starting to appear with some of the trades that have already been set up, our chances of finding a trade partner who would still leave us in the top 12 become better and better. With our current draft selections we could conceivably trade down twice while maintain the same number of 1st round selections and adding 2, 3 or even 4 more selections later in the draft.

Now all that is supposition but this supposition is very reasonable in my view. I also think our current FO would like more draft picks, even if some are lower, to help improve the team then to rely on having a draft success with fewer players. Considering what happened last year, I feel this is the way the FO wants to go.
Uncle Ray Vs Uncle Mach... who would win the battle... of the CENTURY?

Back
Top Bottom