Eagles trade Wentz to Colts makes new trade partner with the Dolphins. | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles trade Wentz to Colts makes new trade partner with the Dolphins.

I like moving from 3 to 6
That works for me too. Although if I'm honest, I'd rather move from #3 to #1 and get Trevor Lawrence. But hey, that's not an option, so moving back to #6 we can still probably get Ja'Marr Chase and pick up another pick, maybe a 2nd rounder.

Oh... one of those 20/20 hindsight questions.

Pick some guy who has had a ton of success and then imply that some other random guy will be just the EXACT same.

Heh! I love that game. It's completely and totally dishonest, but wheeee, so much fun!
I asked a simple question and you responded with verbiage I never uttered. It was a simple questions to your statement that implied undersized receivers aren’t worthy of a top pick.

I'm don't get the logic here. Why would this trade help Miami in a trade down with a team like the Colts or Eagles etc? Those teams are likely going to ride with the current QB they have or have traded for. IMO, There's no reason for those teams to trade up.

They have their QBs to not trading up for a QB.
Colts have a great OL they're not trading up for Sewell or some other OL guy.
They're not trading up for reciever..

This stuff hurts Miami, imo. It doesn't help their trade down possibilities.
This has everything to do with the Eagles and nothing to do with the Colts. We don't know if they want to ride it out with Hurts or not. They may or may not want to draft a QB and if they do, we are a potential trade partner with them. Other teams behind them like Carolina that want a QB also don't know if they are going to pick a QB which may make Carolina feel that they have to make a good offer to move up if they want their guy.

This in no way hurts Miami's trade down possibilities. It only helps them. It may be nothing but they may be looking for a QB and all it takes is 1 other team behind them to think that the Eagles may want a QB. Teams may want to jump the Eagles to not take the chance. That does not hurt Miami.

Don’t think there’s anyone Eagles trade up. See them as a trade down type of team doing a full rebuild. Could be an option if we decide to maybe trade back from 3 then trade up from 18 use of new capital and grab 2 top 10 players possibly

I don’t see Philly moving for QB. Not at the drafting Hurts last year. They need the pics to solidify their o-line and the rest of their team.
It's not like they invested a high first round pick in Hurts...it was latish second round. Word seems to be that the Eagles are the minimum going to evaluate quarterbacks with the consideration of taking one there. Let's also remember that this is a franchise that put itself in a decline with personnel decisions after winning a super bowl.

The eagles are taking a record $33 mil dead cap hit in tbis trade. I think that tells ya they gonna roll with hurts. Or at least no established vet add is in the cards.
Wow, I hadn't looked into the specifics, but that is brutal.

It's not like they invested a high first round pick in Hurts...it was latish second round. Word seems to be that the Eagles are the minimum going to evaluate quarterbacks with the consideration of taking one there. Let's also remember that this is a franchise that put itself in a decline with personnel decisions after winning a super bowl.
Wird seems to be from who? Fans? Beat writers? Talking heads? Someone in actual power?

Seriously, where did you get that idea? Their actions could be important to us.

The eagles are taking a record $33 mil dead cap hit in tbis trade. I think that tells ya they gonna roll with hurts. Or at least no established vet add is in the cards.
I dont understand what you are saying. Why won't they draft a QB at 6 because they have to pay $33 mil in dead cap for Wintz. Not saying you are wrong. I just don't understand what the 2 have to do with each other.

another Eagles draft day trade? Do they stick with Hurts or try for a shiny new Qb?

dropping down to 6 would be very solid
Ive read a couple of articles that I will search for when I have more time that they are quite happy with Hurts...so they may be a trade partner only in peoples minds...

Premise of this thread is highly questionable...

Phila is obviously gonna roll with Hurts.

Who they gonna trade up for?????
Rationalization to support an agenda.

That's fine, whatever makes ppl happy.

While it isn't out of the question, there is really no valid basis for thinking chances are higher than not.

Back
Top Bottom