Eagles trade Wentz to Colts makes new trade partner with the Dolphins. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eagles trade Wentz to Colts makes new trade partner with the Dolphins.

Ive read a couple of articles that I will search for when I have more time that they are quite happy with Hurts...so they may be a trade partner only in peoples minds...
Yeah, the guys that write about other teams are no different than the clowns that write about ours. Agenda driven speculation, backed by "anonymous sources close to the organization"... SMH

That was not a critique of your post brother, only a general observation. I agree it is mostly in ppl's minds.

I have also read from a Philly beat writer that they think Philly will want to draft a QB with their first pick.

Les Bowen
@LesBowen

Spoke with NFL management source (not from Eagles) about the Wentz melodrama. His viewpoint: If Wentz doesn’t want the Bears, Bears aren’t gonna trade for him. Eventually the Eagles take whatever Indy is offering, maybe a second plus something. Also, Eagles draft a QB 6th overall
6:37 AM · Feb 17, 2021
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1362048475450519560|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://d-34224637340713698.ampproject.net/2102060044003/frame.html&tweet_id=1362048475450519560
One reason I take it all with a grain of salt is that you can find so many different agendas, how do you know one is more valid than another?

Rationalization to support an agenda.

That's fine, whatever makes ppl happy.

While it isn't out of the question, there is really no valid basis for thinking chances are higher than not.
You are correct. Just like discussing who we want or think we will draft. We may or may not get that player. If there is a chance that something good may happen, let's talk about it.

Oh... one of those 20/20 hindsight questions.

Pick some guy who has had a ton of success and then imply that some other random guy will be just the EXACT same.

Heh! I love that game. It's completely and totally dishonest, but wheeee, so much fun!
I was dealing w the same thing in my anti 1st round RB thread.

You wouldn't take Derrick Henry at 18?
You wouldn't take Nick Chubb 1st round?

We dealing w prospects. Enjoy ur hindsight if u can't understand the faulty logic here.

Rationalization to support an agenda.

That's fine, whatever makes ppl happy.

While it isn't out of the question, there is really no valid basis for thinking chances are higher than not.
Yah exactly that. I mean sure, they could fall in love with a QB I guess. But so could any team.

While I don't disagree with your first two sentences, I think your third sentence is a little weak.

The reality is that a lot of teams are probably looking to the draft for a QB. Nothing new there.

What is new is the number of teams with a selection in the top 12 of the first round of the draft this year that may be in serious need of a QB. I think there may end up being 3 or 4 teams in that category. The significance of this situation is not that the #3 pick becomes more important, but that there are a number of teams just a few selections away that could be extremely interested in trading up to get that pick. Since the size of the jump isn't huge, the desirability to make that kind of trade becomes more "doable" in the eyes of those teams.

With that kind of draft starting to appear with some of the trades that have already been set up, our chances of finding a trade partner who would still leave us in the top 12 become better and better. With our current draft selections we could conceivably trade down twice while maintain the same number of 1st round selections and adding 2, 3 or even 4 more selections later in the draft.

Now all that is supposition but this supposition is very reasonable in my view. I also think our current FO would like more draft picks, even if some are lower, to help improve the team then to rely on having a draft success with fewer players. Considering what happened last year, I feel this is the way the FO wants to go.
Well said. Great post.

If Wentz doesn't play like a complete banana then that team should easily make the playoffs.
I agree...

Wentz is now less a QB than Rivers, but considering Reich was the OC when Wentz was the front-runner for MVP. I'd lay odds that that offense will be in play for Wentz when he gets there.

Wentz' line-up in '17...comparatively the Colts '21:

HB: Wendell Smallwood <<<<Jonathan Taylor
TE: Ertz, Trey Burton>>>>Jack Doyle, Trey Burton (Both FA's)
WR: Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, Jordan Matthews<<<<TY Hilton, Zach Pascal, Micheal Pittman

O-line: Eagles<<<Colts

It's all there for Wentz and I think they make the playoffs with no problem...garnering the 1st rounder.

Eagles got a good deal here, when you take the contract into consideration, that was a horrible deal they gave him to dump that and get a 2 and a 3, with the potential of turning the 2 into a 1, is good stuff, he was done in philly. From our perspective, I doubt philly are in the QB market this off season, they will likely give Hurts a chance to claim the job, we weren't going to trade with Indy either though, way too far to fall back so this move really doesn't effect us directly.

You are correct. Just like discussing who we want or think we will draft. We may or may not get that player. If there is a chance that something good may happen, let's talk about it.
I don't mind that at all. An exchange of views, with valid reasoning is why many of us frequent, and enjoy the forum.

It gets monotonous though, when ppl state things as lead pipe locks without sound reasoning, and no open mind to discussion or alternate views.

Obviously, not everyone has the same expectations, or come here for the same reasons. Some like trash talk. Others may tend more towards intellectual exchange. Some enjoy witty banter and humor. Not everyone's knowledge of the game is equal either.

I fine with all of it.

Sometimes I do a bit of trolling, or fanning the flames for entertainment.

Bottom line though. If someone wants to state an opinion as "fact", they shouldn't be all tgat upset with being challenged, as long as it doesn't decay into name calling, threats, etc.

JMO.

I just see no strong indication, or rationale for the Eagles moving up in their present situation. Maybe they will, but unless they have already decided Hurts is a waste of time, it seems unlikely.

Yeah, the guys that write about other teams are no different than the clowns that write about ours. Agenda driven speculation, backed by "anonymous sources close to the organization"... SMH

That was not a critique of your post brother, only a general observation. I agree it is mostly in ppl's minds.
I'm in the area and the prevailing sentiment was that Hurt was thought of highly. I can't see it, never did with Hurts, but they spent a high pick on him while the Eagles just dumped a boatload of money on Wentz.

I have watched the Eagles for twenty years (before they had streaming sites) and Wentz was going to be the franchise QB whether he liked it or not. Wentz, in his short time, was more beloved than both Cunningham and McNabb (who was hated). For them to give up on him like this...he is either SUPER damaged goods (physically/mentally), or his play has fallen off the table so fast that they couldn't catch him.

Eagles got a good deal here, when you take the contract into consideration, that was a horrible deal they gave him to dump that and get a 2 and a 3, with the potential of turning the 2 into a 1, is good stuff, he was done in philly. From our perspective, I doubt philly are in the QB market this off season, they will likely give Hurts a chance to claim the job, we weren't going to trade with Indy either though, way too far to fall back so this move really doesn't effect us directly.
if what @hoops posted earlier is correct, the Eagles are eating a record 33mil in future dead cap money.

That doesn't sound like an exceptionally good deal to me.

Phili has been morally hurting from having wentz as a failure of bad deals. This should at least make fans happy.
Eagles fans are not a happy bunch in general. They had that one good year, so there is that. By and large though, let's face it, most of them live in Philly. How happy could they possibly be?

Back
Top Bottom