Egnew Vs Gesicki | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Egnew Vs Gesicki

Some analyst where busting on Gesicki for being a long strider. However, it doesn't look like that hindered his 3 cone or shuttle times. Of course, Egnew and Graham could be long striders too, so comparing against them doesn't change the criticism if there is one.
ted ginn took long strides too, im not comparing their speeds obviously but i think the long stride thing is overblown

giphy.gif
LOL

I agree that Gesicki isnt Egnew. But Grier did draft Kallage. An exact replica of Egnew at the RB position...

I mean have you even watched a full hour of tape on the kid or you just parroting Melllll KYPA?

I mean have you even watched a full hour of tape on the kid or you just parroting Melllll KYPA?
Have no clue what Mel Kiper even said about Ballage. I watched plenty of his snaps before the draft.

We picked a receiving tight end and a blocking one. Some people think this means we have everything covered, but i do not think that way.

I am worried becasue Geseski graded out as a horrible blocker in college. He simply cant do it. What that means is that him being in or not will telegraph our plays. We will pass when Gesecki is in and run when the ND tight end is in. We become easy to scout and prepare for.

I wanted a receiving tight end, but Goedert seemed like the better option because he is more well rounded. He may not be an elite blocker but he can block if asked to do so. It keeps defenses honest.

Given what Grier has said about wanting more alpha personality type players, i dont think he would have ever drafted Egnew, despite physical similarities.
Egnew even in his face looked soft, just like j.martin. alot of big guys I've met in real life just look soft in the face, like you know an alpha Male when you see one. At least one alpha recognized another. Egnew, jamil Douglas, j.martin, jason allen all had weakness in there face. Players like cam, minka, baker, gieski all had that dog look in there faces, a alpha masculine face, that squared jaw look, Landry had it to.
Unfortunately parker does not have that dog in him, but has every ounce of talent to maybe change that!!! Sometimes a book cover is what it is.

I never really saw that during his time at ASU. He just lacks the vision, which is why he dances a bit and is indecisive. That's not something you really learn. And he certainly doesn't play up to his size. Whether that's lack of effort, I have no idea. It was frustrating. When they got him into space, he was dangerous, because he could rely more on his athleticism than his brain. I think that's the role he'll play here. I don't want him as a full time back, but as a receiver out of the backfield, he's a legit weapon. An improvement over Williams.

I watched that UCLA film posted here and agree about the vision problems, lots of yards left on the field and in the nfl those mistake will be highlighted by the oppositions speed.

I disagree about it being teachable though. Guy has to learn how to watch film. Anything mental like that can be taught, it’s his lack of physical talent that shows to me. I think sometimes you don’t see the full talent if the mental game isn’t where it should be. Guy is a JAG at this point. It’s a late round pick, not really getting the hate.

I'm saying nothing till a real coach coaches him. And he develops into a pro, no one comes in a finished product, that's why they're is prospects and rookies. Vision can be taught, its taught to QBs and everyone else, so to say its unteachable is unfair. He has probably more physical gifts than any rb not named Barkley, I will take that all day in the 4th road, 6'2 rb that weighs 234 that runs a 4.4 and has great receiving skills, any coach would love to work with him and try to tap into his full talent.

I can see gase and the staff trying to teach him the philosophy of one cut and goooooooooo and if he learns that omg. I can see him being used as a receiver on 3rd down or when drake needs a break, in an see him in the slot too, if he catches 45 passes as a rookie and runs for 750 thanks that's a win for us big time, Because drake is a going to be star in this as he was a top 5 rusher when he was given the keys.

Did anyone actually think Egnew would be a baller.
He couldn't hold Gesicki water bottle.
It's like buying a Vet and a Pinto.they are both going to get you somewhere. However everyone desires the Vet.

To the OP:

Because NFL performance is way more than just combine results.

Back
Top Bottom