Egnew Vs Gesicki | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Egnew Vs Gesicki

On top of his great concentration, and hands (Has not dropped a pass since early in college), he is also a very impressive route runner...something Egnew never mastered.

Defensive players will 1st have to try and stick with him, then try to disrupt him from finding the ball, and finally out jump him.

Put a DB on him, and though he might stick with him, he will not disrupt his concentration or out jump him, put a LB on him, and good luck with the LB actually sticking with him.

These are issue defenses did not have to worry about with Egnew.

Yeah wasn't Egnew pretty raw as a route runner and needed more development which is why I thought miami picked him later than we picked Geisicki. I know it doesn't mean anything, but not only with his hands and speed, I also like his resume with the pts and how well racked up yards as a tight end. And the fact of his jumping and body control as well as his skills as a basketball player too. I know gronkowski is the exception, but it seems like basketball experience and skills translate well for tightends. Some of the best tightends in recent times, were very good or great tightends such as Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates. Not saying he'd be like them of course, but I like his skill sets and resume and the desire it seesm to have to work on being good. The drive is just as important as talent. So we'll see, but I like the pick.

The fact of the matter is that Egnew was supposed to be a very skilled pass catching TE and even when he got over his early career dropsies he just moved like a slug on the field. Watching some games in person I saw them try to get him involved and he just didn't move fluidly or have the ability to adjust to thrown balls required to succeed in the NFL.

Did anyone actually think Egnew would be a baller.
He couldn't hold Gesicki water bottle.
It's like buying a Vet and a Pinto.they are both going to get you somewhere. However everyone desires the Vet.
I see the resemblance...

Michael+Egnew+Miami+Dolphins+Minicamp+35DgtDu4p1pl.jpg

FordPinto_wide-aa4b7f14f4dde2bc2b9fd16e77003fb01626dee2.jpg

People keep saying Gesicki playing over a true blocking tightend will telegraph pass plays, but I see teams play 4 receivers and no tightends and still run the ball. Once you spread the defense with Gesicki, Parker, Stills and Wilson I think you can still run the ball. And on shorter yardage situations you can go with a two tightend look, so that's still not telegraphing run or pass. Remember the Patriots ran a lot of sets with Hernandez and he wasn't a good blocker either.

I gotta believe this coaching staff would develop Egnew better than past coaches

Gesicki's password isn't his jersey number. Automatically not a bust.

Back
Top Bottom