Eichenberg | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eichenberg

arge13

Super Donator
Reaction score
It has been easy to dump on this guy who was thrown to the wolves last year. I think I see slight improvement, but to be honest, thought there would be a bigger step up for him. Very early in Year 2, and still only 24 years old, but who knows..

But, what I did like was a 3rd down play in the 2nd quarter with about 7 minutes to go. I will call this the "justin Houston' series, as JH influenced 3 straight plays:

• 1st & 10---pressure on Tua who had to rush a dump off to Edmonds. Incomplete
  • 2nd & 10---Smythe botches the block on TE motion, leading to our only sack allowed, and an 8-yard loss
  • 3rd & 18---we tried to setup a screen to Edmonds, but Houston came clean in on Tua so fast to mess up with the timing. Tua escaped his grasp and still ended up throwing to Chase, who was rocked, and the ball rocketed back towards our goalline. Incomplete.

Not knowing for sure that the play was over, a couple of Ravens chased the ball and jumped on it. EICHENBERG then came in and absolutely splattered Justin Houston. Loved it. An emotional and disappointing series for the Dolphins, and Liam took it out on JH. Not afraid of contact, that is for sure.

Check out the play, pretty sweet....

Hunt, Jackson and Eichenberg are eventually going to make this team happy with young OL talent that's cheap for awhile. Armstead can't play forever and Little looks like a keeper. We see this Sunday about Little, and Eich.

It has been easy to dump on this guy who was thrown to the wolves last year. I think I see slight improvement, but to be honest, thought there would be a bigger step up for him. Very early in Year 2, and still only 24 years old, but who knows..

But, what I did like was a 3rd down play in the 2nd quarter with about 7 minutes to go. I will call this the "justin Houston' series, as JH influenced 3 straight plays:

• 2nd & 10---Smythe botches the block on TE motion, leading to our only sack allowed, and an 8-yard loss
  • 3rd & 18---we tried to setup a screen to Edmonds, but Houston came clean in on Tua so fast to mess up with the timing. Tua escaped his grasp and still ended up throwing to Chase, who was rocked, and the ball rocketed back towards our goalline. Incomplete.

Not knowing for sure that the play was over, a couple of Ravens chased the ball and jumped on it. EICHENBERG then came in and absolutely splattered Justin Houston. Loved it. An emotional and disappointing series for the Dolphins, and Liam took it out on JH. Not afraid of contact, that is for sure.

Huh? You must not be watching the games. He had a fine rookie season. OLine is a difficult position for a rookie and I thought he did a fine job. He didn’t tear it up but he progressed throughout the year. It’s only been two games so I’m not judging him this year just yet

Not sure what tape you were looking at last year, but sorry to say, you're talking out of your hat. He struggled big-time. Not Leatherwood type stuff, but not good. To say he was "fine" is simply ill-informed.

The eye in the sky does not lie...

"In his rookie season, Eichenberg allowed 9 sacks, which was tied for second most in the NFL, 10 penalties, good for sixth most in the league, all while playing 1108 snaps on the season, which was 11th most in the league. His 50.7 PFF does not show much promise."

I totally agree, and I'm pulling for him too.

It'd be nice to know that we had left guard through right tackle locked up for the next several years with that youth. We'll probably extend Connor Williams.

Left tackle will be the long-term concern as Armstead won't be there forever. And yes---- Liam squashed that Raven with a great block on Waddle's 1st touchdown.

Hoping Eich turns the corner and does well. He does well, Fins benefit.

Not sure what tape you were looking at last year, but sorry to say, you're talking out of your hat. He struggled big-time. Not Leatherwood type stuff, but not good. To say he was "fine" is simply ill-informed.

The eye in the sky does not lie...

"In his rookie season, Eichenberg allowed 9 sacks, which was tied for second most in the NFL, 10 penalties, good for sixth most in the league, all while playing 1108 snaps on the season, which was 11th most in the league. His 50.7 PFF does not show much promise."
He was playing out of position. You have no clue about our personnel

He was playing out of position. You have no clue about our personnel
Wrong again, but that's ok, you're trying at least. Btw, I know our personnel extremely well, thanks.

You are delusional if you think he was "fine" last year. He wasn't. But I am hoping the move inside, along with the scheme, will benefit him. And in turn the team.

Wrong again, but that's ok, you're trying at least. Btw, I know our personnel extremely well, thanks.

You are delusional if you think he was "fine" last year. He wasn't. But I am hoping the move inside, along with the scheme, will benefit him. And in turn the team.
Ha
He wasn’t an outside guy and never should have been there
He’s now playing his natural position
I never put anyone on ignore for being ignorant, but you may be the very first one lol
Too funny it’s so bad

Huh? You must not be watching the games. He had a fine rookie season. OLine is a difficult position for a rookie and I thought he did a fine job. He didn’t tear it up but he progressed throughout the year. It’s only been two games so I’m not judging him this year just yet
I felt like he regressed throughout last year honestly. I don't think that is his fault though. The coaching was garbage last year, and insisting guys play a strange ineffective technique will cause players to regress.

However, I do feel like Eich might not ever turn out as an above average player due to his size/athleticisms issues. He's got the height to be a tackle, but short arms and a lack of quick lateral mobility necessary to make up for those short arms, and his height is actually a large disadvantage inside at guard. He's the ultimate tweener, and unless his technique is nearly perfect, it's going to be hard for the guy to overcome that.

Back
Top Bottom