Eichenberg | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eichenberg

But I am hoping the move inside, along with the scheme, will benefit him. And in turn the team.
It already has benefitted him. He's playing better well. By this time last year he had already been moved from LG to RT to LT. He had no scheme, no coaching, and AJAX and Deiter next to him rather than Williams and Armstead.

Quite a different scenario than what we have going on this year. We've had almost nobody push us back on the inside run or pass.

Eich's blocking on Tua's 6 TD's

Waddle #1

Eich pulls outside and destroys defender to spring waddle for TD!

Gesicki TD 2

Eich denies any inside threat, then helps on Edge.

Cracraft TD 3

Eich double Edge Rusher and allows no upfield pressure. Unknowledgeable folks think the inside pressure was Eich's responsibility but that is not the case. That's Conner Williams guy. Eich stays to check if LB is blitzing (he does not)
You will notice Williams peeling after him when he gets by while Eich stays right on his man the entire play.

Hill TD 4

Eich picks up blitzing LB in pass pro - stops him cold. No pressure.

Hill TD 5

Eich stinks it up. Poor footwork, allows his many to come in and pressure Tua. No sack. Pressure unable to stop 3 step drop TD.

Waddle TD 6

Eich has inside priority. Steps inside, seals pressure from DT, then quickly jumps outside and ends DE pressure allowing Tua to make unhindered throw for TD to win game.
This is one of Eichs best plays, because if he doesn't step outside that DE is getting loose and may have hit Tua on Game winning throw. How do you watch film and not see that?

So when I break down film this is the type of play I routinely see from Eich. Not perfect. But a whole lot better blocking percentage than what I see him getting graded on by the outside. It's pretty obvious that McDaniel's grading of our OL is much closer to mine than it is PFF or any of the non coaches websites doing these breakdowns. McDaniel has mentioned our OL grades after a few games and does not agree with those low grades at all.

Last edited:
So... he looked good on 5 of the 6 TDs, and actually handled multiple blockers on some of those plays.

Reality says... 'those slamming Eichenberg are mostly clueless'.

Waddle #1

Gesicki TD 2

Cracraft TD 3

Eich double Edge Rusher and allows no upfield pressure. Unknowledgeable folks think the inside pressure was Eich's responsibility but that is not the case. That's Conner Williams guy. Eich stays to check if LB is blitzing (he does not)
You will notice Williams peeling after him when he gets by while Eich stays right on his man the entire play.

Hill TD 4

Hill TD 5

Eich stinks it up. Poor footwork, allows his many to come in and pressure Tua. No sack. Pressure unable to stop 3 step drop TD.

Waddle TD 6

Eich has inside priority. Steps inside, seals pressure from DT, then quickly jumps outside and ends DE pressure allowing Tua to make unhindered throw for TD to win game.
This is one of Eichs best plays, because id he doesn't step outside that DE is getting loose and may have hit Tua on Game winning throw. How do you watch film and not see that?

So when I break down film this is the type of play I routinely see from Eich. Not perfect. But a whole lot better blocking percentage than what I see him getting graded on by the outside. It's pretty obvious that McDaniel's grading of our OL is much closer to mine than it is PFF or any of the non coaches websites doing these breakdowns. McDaniel has mentioned our OL grades after a few games and does not agree with those low grades at all.

Nice breakdown

PFF is a crock of ****

But Drop 9 rush 2 off the edges and we’re hyping up the guard. Come on

Waddle #1

Gesicki TD 2

Cracraft TD 3

Hill TD 4

Hill TD 5

Waddle TD 6

This is one of Eichs best plays, because id he doesn't step outside that DE is getting loose and may have hit Tua on Game winning throw. How do you watch film and not see that?

Nice work Coach Mike. Again, thanks for sharing.

Waddle #1

Gesicki TD 2

Cracraft TD 3

Hill TD 4

Hill TD 5

Waddle TD 6

That block on the winning touchdown was essential! Very crucial, great job Eich!

Does anyone have access to the PFF ratings from this week's games? I'm curious what they thought about the line play.
EICH awful 36, Little 49 below average, and other 3 very very good

Yeah... I saw that, and while I don't buy it for a moment, i do think it is valuable to hear what others think.
yes, and I think Little has played better than those numbers. EICH, well, I think is improving

I think PFF gets caught up in seeing what they expect to see... pushing the existing narrative.

That said... they do adjust over time, but I think their ratings are more reflective of outdated conventional wisdom than they are of current performance.

I think PFF gets caught up in seeing what they expect to see... pushing the existing narrative.

That said... they do adjust over time, but I think their ratings are more reflective of outdated conventional wisdom than they are of current performance.
Not only that, they get all of these grades quite quickly. I mean, do they have hundreds of people, all experts, evaluating every snap?

Nice work Coach Mike. Again, thanks for sharing.
Eich actually had some of his best blocks on plays we didn't score on. One of his best that I remember was on the Edmonds run right before the Waddle Winning TD... I found that interesting because just like Tua I thought Eich was also on fire on that game winning drive. Big play after big play. Those guys just weren't going to lose it. I might put together a final drive breakdown if I have time tomorrow. There were some others where he pancaked his defender on running plays that stood out to me but I haven't rewatched it yet. I'm watching it Thursday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom