Eichenberg | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eichenberg

Eich actually had some of his best blocks on plays we didn't score on. One of his best that I remember was on the Edmonds run right before the Waddle Winning TD... I found that interesting because just like Tua I thought Eich was also on fire on that game winning drive. Big play after big play. Those guys just weren't going to lose it. I might put together a final drive breakdown if I have time tomorrow. There were some others where he pancaked his defender on running plays that stood out to me but I haven't rewatched it yet. I'm watching it Thursday.
Nice. Looking forward to that coach.

Not really. He might end up being best at RT. He has no anchor for playing inside. He is too tall and light and has no bend. He is pushed back into the QB on bull rushes about as fast as if he wasn't even there. No sure that can be fixed. He is not a perfect fit inside or outside as he is what someone else said more of a tweener. I think he will stay where he is until we can upgrade the spot next season. Personally I feel he is being used more because of where he was drafted, just like Jackson. Deiter has a better anchor and would be a slight upgrade to Liam at LG.
If he is not heavy enough or quick laterally for T, and too tall with a weak anchor for guard, why did we draft him?

So I watched the shortened version of the Ravens win this morning specifically keeping an eye on Eich on Offense. Anyone that has him graded under 50% absolutely doesn't know what they are talking about. Anyone that has him rated under 60% missed a few plays or misunderstood what was going on. He's high 60's, low 70% ...
I could go ahead and post a play by play like I did on the TD's but frankly I'm tired of proving the same point week after week with the same folks who will forget again next week and make the same bogus claims.

If he is not heavy enough or quick laterally for T, and too tall with a weak anchor for guard, why did we draft him?
None of that is true. Not even close to the truth. Not even in the realm of possibility of truth. See above post for further details.

Eich gave up ONE pressure and ZERO sacks on this game even though Tua went back to pass 51 times. Not saying Eich is perfect and he needs to get better but the hate for this guy is starting to approach the hate some people have for Tua
Yeah don't bog them down with actual film or facts. He's just bad Danny because someone they don't know that has never coached and maybe not even played the game told them Eich is bad. They have never been paid or trained how to grade film or understand the fundamentals that going into scheming or techniques but the chart is pretty and tells them something they can feel strongly about.

Since last week they gave him like a 20% grade I'm curious about this: How a team can score over 40 points with a starting OG that played every offensive play and finished with a 25%ish grade blocking? Just the concept of it doesn't really wash.

Back
Top Bottom