Eichenberg | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eichenberg

I felt like he regressed throughout last year honestly. I don't think that is his fault though. The coaching was garbage last year, and insisting guys play a strange ineffective technique will cause players to regress.

However, I do feel like Eich might not ever turn out as an above average player due to his size/athleticisms issues. He's got the height to be a tackle, but short arms and a lack of quick lateral mobility necessary to make up for those short arms, and his height is actually a large disadvantage inside at guard. He's the ultimate tweener, and unless his technique is nearly perfect, it's going to be hard for the guy to overcome that.
He’s a much better player inside. Last year he was asked so much for a rookie and didn’t have any support and terrible coaching
I felt he got better technique wise but the line overall was a mess and didn’t help him. I expect him to be really solid moving forward

Ha
He wasn’t an outside guy and never should have been there
He’s now playing his natural position
I never put anyone on ignore for being ignorant, but you may be the very first one lol
Too funny it’s so bad
Hilarious Easy Rider! You'll probably tell us next that Iggy was just "fine" too!! Maybe he was playing out of position at Corner, haha.

Not sure what tape you were looking at last year, but sorry to say, you're talking out of your hat. He struggled big-time. Not Leatherwood type stuff, but not good. To say he was "fine" is simply ill-informed.

The eye in the sky does not lie...

"In his rookie season, Eichenberg allowed 9 sacks, which was tied for second most in the NFL, 10 penalties, good for sixth most in the league, all while playing 1108 snaps on the season, which was 11th most in the league. His 50.7 PFF does not show much promise."
Agree he wasn't good last year, or so far this year. Not sure he is well suited to play G or T. Probably a career, multiple position backup, IMO. He has time to change that trajectory, though.

He’s a much better player inside. Last year he was asked so much for a rookie and didn’t have any support and terrible coaching
I felt he got better technique wise but the line overall was a mess and didn’t help him. I expect him to be really solid moving forward
He's better inside, but that's not a high bar. If he is going to be a solid, consistent guard, he needs to add strength, and anchor much better.

No question he's a better player inside. He absolutely doesn't have the length to be a tackle. I just question whether he will ever be the technician needed to overcome the major leverage disadvantage his height gives him against shorter DTs.

PFF is super tough on him fornpassing grade (which while not perfect to give him back to back pass blocking grades in the 20s when he gave up one pressure seems rediculous) but he looks so much better this year

Not really. He might end up being best at RT. He has no anchor for playing inside. He is too tall and light and has no bend. He is pushed back into the QB on bull rushes about as fast as if he wasn't even there. No sure that can be fixed. He is not a perfect fit inside or outside as he is what someone else said more of a tweener. I think he will stay where he is until we can upgrade the spot next season. Personally I feel he is being used more because of where he was drafted, just like Jackson. Deiter has a better anchor and would be a slight upgrade to Liam at LG.

If you're judging him based on last year with that coaching, you're doing it wrong.

Agreed.

Everyone gets a pass from last year's coaching IMO.

WE have real coaches now.

The kid never allowed a sack in college, right?

Comes into the NFL and leads his position in sacks. Didn't even ranked at starter level. Something like 83rd for guards.

That is not supposed to happen.

We are taking about a coaching staff that waited till week 18 to switch RTs. Coincidentally that was the best game played at RT all season.

Not really. He might end up being best at RT. He has no anchor for playing inside. He is too tall and light and has no bend. He is pushed back into the QB on bull rushes about as fast as if he wasn't even there. No sure that can be fixed. He is not a perfect fit inside or outside as he is what someone else said more of a tweener. I think he will stay where he is until we can upgrade the spot next season. Personally I feel he is being used more because of where he was drafted, just like Jackson. Deiter has a better anchor and would be a slight upgrade to Liam at LG.
Agree. He's easily been the weak link on on the line IMO.

Not a promising start for Eichenberg. Putting aside his awful rookie year, he hasn’t been good through two games in an OL-friendly scheme.

But to be fair, they’re his first two games ever playing guard—he didn’t even play any guard in college. So let’s give him some time to adjust.

Sadly I don't think he's bound to be a starter long term. Probably a 6th man long term who can be a backup at 4 positions. I definitely don't think he will get better at RT though, nearly all of his experience is on the left side, and he just doesn't have the length to be Tua's blindside blocker.

Eich gave up ONE pressure and ZERO sacks on this game even though Tua went back to pass 51 times. Not saying Eich is perfect and he needs to get better but the hate for this guy is starting to approach the hate some people have for Tua

Him and Edmunds running ability have been the disappointments on O for me this year. Eich isn’t too much of a disappointment bc my expectations were low anyways but there’s meat on the bone in this offense still and upgrading LG would help it get there

Edmunds is great as a receiver but between the tackles it’s 🤮 and doesn’t have the burst/speed to get the edge either.

Armstead makes everything look easy I don’t even need that dude to practice just show up and collect ur checks on Sunday 😂

We got ourselves a QB and a great head coach though 😁 future is bright

0714A0D8-4928-41AC-A10B-153905954228.gif

These feet right here are the reason for the bad grades

On D biggest disappointment has been Phillips for sure. I’m ready to give Gink some snaps over him he’s giving us nothing way too often. Gink gets around the edge really well he may not always finish but u feel him. Phillips gets stood up too easy the pass rush tools are underwhelming.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom