Eli just got cheaper, and it's a risk to stay put | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Eli just got cheaper, and it's a risk to stay put

Originally posted by Graythreat

and yet you still refuse to accept that fact that that VERY thing would have happened anyway, and we would have had nothing in return.

Madison just announced that he is willing to restructure, prior to that we would have cut him, taken the hit, and been short a CB and got nothing in return.

The only thing that has changed, is he's willing to restructure and save us money. That's the only difference here, and not one big enough to warrant passing up on a #1 pick.

ROFL madison wouldn't be cut. if he hadn't restructured, he would have been kept anyway! show me one article, that says otherwise...

Does Arizona need to spend a first round pick on a QB?? I think not. Josh McCown, a 3rd Round draft pick in 2002 could be a decent option at QB. He did make a decent impression the last play of the season for them. Someone had to get that ball in the endzone for the win. Arizona needs defense more than anything, and also a consistent RB. Dennis Green is known for making things work, no matter who is at QB. Hell, you may even see Jay Fiedler in a Cardinals Uniform.

i believe the exact same thing. i don't think arizona is gonna go QB, when they have many other situations that should be adressed. i see Robert Gallery being the #1 pick in the draft. he's a great corner stone when building a line. and odds are he can play ASAP, and play WELL.

Last edited by a moderator:

alright, thanks for clearing that up.

But how does that change anything from the beginning of this off season? The word was he was getting cut, or had to restructure right? So if we were prepared to cut him and take that hit, it should be the same hit if we trade him right?

I've never once herd any rumors that Madison would be cut, except by some of the fans on message boards.

But what I really wanted to say is that cutting him and trading him are two completely different things money wise.

They can cut him after June 1st, and the cap hit is spread out over two years. Trading him means they take the whole cap hit right away........

Originally posted by Fisticuff

ROFL madison wouldn't be cut. if he hadn't restructured, he would have been kept anyway! show me one article, that says otherwise...

i believe the exact same thing. i don't think arizona is gonna go QB, when they have many other situations that should be adressed. i see Robert Gallery being the #1 pick in the draft. he's a great corner stone when building a line. and odds are he can play ASAP, and play WELL.

Link

link scroll down, look for the fiedler, O-gun, madison talk

link

link

There's a slew more that require subscriptions. As you can see, it was a concensus that he would have to restructure or be cut.

Now, feel free to remove your foot from your mouth now.

Link

link

link

There's a slew more that require subscriptions. As you can see, it was a concensus that he would have to restructure or be cut.

i'll keep my foot where it is... ALL of the articles said that he most likely have to take a pay cut (i've read the same articles weeks ago). The deduction would him being released (which wouldn't happen at his salary). you have no "insider" info (Armando rules?) or anything that suggests theres a possibility of being cut. all you have is pure speculation (the same guys who bashed DW for letting Turner interview). i speculated miami would fix the line last season. Others have speculated the same thing, but it didn't mean anything.

SM is willing to restructure and never has said otherwise, and that alone is worth enough to keep him.

miami might not need 2 1st rounders (pending on FA), but losing a CB and the dead weight would be dumb regardless if it "was the plan" before he said he would restructure.

you think giving up a 1st, ogun (worth a #1 and #3), and madison (bagage included) is worth the 1st pick, and i don't. nothing is going to change, i'm done arguing.

Link

link

link

These articles are writers only taking guesses!

Cutting Madison does not make sense. Especially when the team is projected to be nearly 17 million over the cap for next year! They will only save very little, and then they will be one corner, or should I say two corners down! With that money saved they could not even afford to get a solid replacement for him! Don't think for a minute that T-Buck would not ask for starters money if he is going to be one..

Now there could be some reports from the Dolphins coming out soon. Ones that say Madison could very well be a June 1st cut! That's where cutting him makes the most sense!

All my opinions of course......

This is a horrible idea. You want to go "all in" on a total gamble. Why? It makes no sense.

i'll keep my foot where it is... ALL of the articles said that he most likely have to take a pay cut (i've read the same articles weeks ago). The deduction would him being released (which wouldn't happen at his salary). you have no "insider" info (Armando rules?) or anything that suggests theres a possibility of being cut. all you have is pure speculation (the same guys who bashed DW for letting Turner interview). i speculated miami would fix the line last season. Others have speculated the same thing, but it didn't mean anything.

Dude, when have you ever known a team to say "we're going to cut ________" ahead of time? Use some common sense, no team will ever say "we're going to cut him after june 1st" etc. ALL you ever have to go on is specualtion, and it makes sense. He is making too much as it is, restructuring him will save us some money compared to cutting him right NOW, but unless he takes a SEVERE cut, we'll end up paying the same amount in the long run when we have to cut him later. You asked for ONE article saying we'd cut him, I showed you 4. I can back mine up, where's your articles saying we should keep him? Or should I take your word over the speculation from the major sports writers for Miami news papers?

Originally posted by Cranx
This is a horrible idea. You want to go "all in" on a total gamble. Why? It makes no sense.

Where's the "all in"? We're trading 2 players that we can't afford, and will likely be gone anyway, along with a low first rounder, for the highest pick in the draft?

All in, is trading your first, second, and third for a high first, or your entire draft for the top pick. Not trading 2 players that could very well be out the door and a low first round pick.

Not sure if you're listing Gallery as a possible pick for the Cardinals but the oline is one position they won't draft because they're rock solid all across the line.

Originally posted by SMadison29

Not sure if you're listing Gallery as a possible pick for the Cardinals but the oline is one position they won't draft because they're rock solid all across the line.

it doesn't seem to great, the main RB had 3.2 yards per carry, and smith only had 2.8. L.J. Shelton i don't believe is to good.

if they don't go Oline, i could see the trading down with pittsburgh because their main needs (DT, DE, LB) would be drafted to high.

It is an extremely talented underachieving OL that I think Green will wip into shape.

I agree, I do believe that Manning is a better QB and I personally would rather have him that Rivers. But I hate this idea.

I'm gonna wipe with it and flush it down the toilet.....:booty:

Where's the "all in"? We're trading 2 players that we can't afford, and will likely be gone anyway, along with a low first rounder, for the highest pick in the draft?

All in, is trading your first, second, and third for a high first, or your entire draft for the top pick. Not trading 2 players that could very well be out the door and a low first round pick.

"All in" as in you're wanting to GIVE AWAY an actual first round pick, a Pro Bowl DB who's still one of the better players in the league at a position where quality is at a premium, and another player who's either going to return to Miami to maintain the most talented pass rushing tandem or get signed to another team for a 1st AND 3rd round picks. There was also talk of another conditional 3rd rounder that could turn into a first!?!?!? Essentially this would break down like this if everything went as proposed: THREE first round picks (assuming the conditional and Wally getting signed elsewhere), one third round pick, on top notch CB, and the loss of one of the best pass rushers in the game in exchange for a ROOKIE QB who may or may not turn into anything that's worth a pile of crap. Again, this is a stupid proposal. Deal with it.

BTW, you never did explain how Manning's price has magically dropped. I believe this notion to be a figment of your imagination but if you have something (facts or respected media reports, not your speculation and conjecture as those hold absolutely zero weight in this matter) to substantiate your claim, please, present it here so the title of this thread makes at least a tiny bit of sense.

"All in" as in you're wanting to GIVE AWAY an actual first round pick, a Pro Bowl DB who's still one of the better players in the league at a position where quality is at a premium, and another player who's either going to return to Miami to maintain the most talented pass rushing tandem or get signed to another team for a 1st AND 3rd round picks. There was also talk of another conditional 3rd rounder that could turn into a first!?!?!? Essentially this would break down like this if everything went as proposed: THREE first round picks (assuming the conditional and Wally getting signed elsewhere), one third round pick, on top notch CB, and the loss of one of the best pass rushers in the game in exchange for a ROOKIE QB who may or may not turn into anything that's worth a pile of crap. Again, this is a stupid proposal. Deal with it.

BTW, you never did explain how Manning's price has magically dropped. I believe this notion to be a figment of your imagination but if you have something (facts or respected media reports, not your speculation and conjecture as those hold absolutely zero weight in this matter) to substantiate your claim, please, present it here so the title of this thread makes at least a tiny bit of sense.

There are some "what if's" in there, but that is absolutley the way that i see it.

:clap: Nicley done bro :clap:

Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp

There are some "what if's" in there, but that is absolutley the way that i see it.

:clap: Nicley done bro :clap:

Thanks! :up:

The "what if" portions were to explain the type of value proposition this thing really is if maximum value were to be given for every portion of the proposed lunacy...errrr...deal. If one looks at it from a value proposition standpoint I don't even thinks it's possible for anyone in their right mind to continue thinking this would be an intelligent move for the 'Fins.

Then again, I've seen stranger things proposed and agreed upon around here.
:jawdrop:

Back
Top Bottom