Espn Report: Carson Palmer wants to be traded. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn Report: Carson Palmer wants to be traded.

Do you think the coaching staff gets desperate and tries to trade for the unhappy Carson Palmer. According to ESPN Carson wants to be trade and will contemplate retirement if he doesnt get his wish. Being from Ohio I have seen Carson play a lot of games for the Bengals. His play has definitely declined and he is getting old at the age of 31. But nonetheless he would be an upgrade. Possibly get him for a future 2nd round pick or maybe a 3rd and 5th in this years draft. If we are trying to win now there is no chance we can draft a QB without having a veteran QB to start now. What do you guys think? At the very least its an option to think about.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=4459

i told you guys a month ago that palmer was on our radar but i was the crazy guy. we shall see.

We dont have the ammo and why go from one stupid organization that retains losing coaches to another

Basically what he is saying is Palmer prefers the West Coast. He was born there, he played college there, his wife is from there. With a team like SF and possibly Seattle in the market for a Qb, Palmer would likely take less money to play on the west coast.

Even if Palmer wants to go back to the west, he will still need somebody from the west to make a deal to obtain him. He's got a big salary coming next season. May not be many teams willing to give up the assets in a trade AND pay the big money.

Carson Palmer Wants a Trade Or He'll Retire: 7 Potential Landing Spots
By Nathan Lowery (Contributor) on January 23, 2011
reads
comments
Previous 4 of 9 Next
Miami Dolphins
Elsa/Getty Images
The Dolphins were ranked as a team that could go to the Super Bowl by NFL.com/ Oh wait, that was in the preseason before we saw how bad Henne really is.

The poor play at quarterback by Henne, and the injury to Chad Pennington made the Dolphins, along with the Cowboys and Niners, the most disappointing teams in the league.

Palmer would fit in Brian Daboll's heavy run system, and would help him by not throwing as much, something that caused him problems with the Bengals. With Palmer, the Dolphins could in-fact make the Super Bowl.

Miami receives: Carson Palmer, 2012 4th round pick.

Cincinnati receives: Chad Henne, 2011 3rd round pick 2012 2nd round pick, 2011 4th round pick.

Bleacherreport.com

Do not trade for him !

They will cut him , we need to take are chances getting him after he is cut !

3rd Rounder for Orton or Palmer I'll be happy with that.

Carson Palmer Wants a Trade Or He'll Retire: 7 Potential Landing Spots
By Nathan Lowery (Contributor) on January 23, 2011
reads
comments
Previous 4 of 9 Next
Miami Dolphins
Elsa/Getty Images
The Dolphins were ranked as a team that could go to the Super Bowl by NFL.com/ Oh wait, that was in the preseason before we saw how bad Henne really is.

The poor play at quarterback by Henne, and the injury to Chad Pennington made the Dolphins, along with the Cowboys and Niners, the most disappointing teams in the league.

Palmer would fit in Brian Daboll's heavy run system, and would help him by not throwing as much, something that caused him problems with the Bengals. With Palmer, the Dolphins could in-fact make the Super Bowl.

Miami receives: Carson Palmer, 2012 4th round pick.

Cincinnati receives: Chad Henne, 2011 3rd round pick 2012 2nd round pick, 2011 4th round pick.

Bleacherreport.com

I wouldn't use Bleacher Report as a source.

He has probably been playing like crap because he wanted out.

I was at Bengals game wearing a Pennington replica jersey (it's couple years old) and after the game this drunk Bengals fan told me he would love to see "one of those with # 9 and Palmer on the back next year!" Funny thing is after the Pats game I was thinking so would I! Offer Henne and a 5RP!

Hope Palmer gets his wish....I just don't want him in Miami. He hasn't been the same since his knee injury...I also don't want Cutler, McNabb or Young. Orton I could live with.

Although Palmer is the best option for the Dolphins, I am willing to bet if he doesn't wind up in the NFC West, he'll retire.

I'd make this trade in a milli-second.

Back
Top Bottom