Espn Says 2-14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn Says 2-14

multistage

Club Member
Reaction score
So **** those guys. They can kiss my fat hairy ass.

If we managed to go 6-10 with Cutler as QB, I fail to see how we will regress with Tannehill.

ESPN has always had a hardon for Miami, but this one pushes absurdity to the ultimate edge.

Ouch, that's harsh. We do have a pretty tough schedule but I think we can win at least 6-7 games. I still think we finish 7-9 or 8-8.

the season comes down to injuries and a few plays most of the time. We had a lot of injuries last year. The only player gone that I'll miss is Suh and we're getting back Tannehill, RM,Lippett, Hayes and we've added some good players to the oline and a pass rusher too. We can use a good draft of course but 2-14? I don't think so

Let's see past the draft, but the entire season depends upon Tannehill's health, that is if he is still the QB and a rookie hasn't replaced him. If he plays and stays healthy, I'd say 7-9 is the floor... His worst season was 6-10 the year Philbin got fired early in the season. This squad isn't worse than that one and I do believe the coaching is better. I would be very surprised if a Gase-led team finished with only 2 wins on the season. Heck, they had some of the most inept QBing I've seen in years in 2017 and still managed 6 wins.

Last edited:
Fantastic! We do best when we are respected the least. If this roster is expected to be 2-14, then they're going to be in for a big surprise. The media loves those big markets ... isn't it amazing how overnight the San Diego Chargers became an instantly better team when they became the Los Angeles Chargers? Like, the same team that was in the basement of that division was suddenly the darlings to win it .. because ... well ... bigger market?

Yeah, I get it, we didn't have our QB last year and we were bad. We lost our best defensive player in Suh. We lost one of our best offensive players in Landry. But, we also gained our very best offensive player in a healthy Tannehill. And, we added a guy who used to be one of the very best pass rushers in the entire league in Robert Quinn.

Our OL lost the oft-injured Mike Pouncey and the beyond-his-prime Jermon Bushrod. We replaced them with the always solid Kilgore and the absolutely dominant Josh Sitton. Factor in the emergence of Jesse Davis, the return to health of journeyman Ted Larsen, and the seasoning of Isaac Asiata, and that looks like an improved OL.

Looking at our defense, we have seen a late breakout season from X. Howard, and flashes of excellent play from Tankersley. We return Lippett to health, and get the impactful TJ McDonald the entire season. That looks like a better secondary to me. Yes, we lost L-AWOL-rence Timmons, but ... well ... good riddance. Morale has to be better with him gone. We return the very promising Mike in Raekwon McMillan, and I can't wait to see him patrolling the middle. That alone should be a significant upgrade. I'm also high on 2nd year player Chase Allen, who looks like he needs some more seasoning but has real potential.

So we appear to be improved everywhere on defense except DT. With Wake back, Harris having lived through his rookie season, Hayes healthy, and the addition of the potentially great Robert Quinn ... we have an improved stable of DE's. We also have Andre Branch, who isn't terrible. So, IMHO, if we can find solid DT play, this defense should be significantly better.

On offense, the improved OL and return of Tannehill mean we should see a far better offense.

2-14? Yeah, I'm not a betting man, but if I were, I would definitely put money on the over before that line moves.

Back
Top Bottom