Espn Says 2-14 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Espn Says 2-14

Wouldn't shock me, but I think we win a couple more than that. Roster is lacking talent and depth, the people that think this is all of a sudden a 10 win team if Tannehill is back and healthy are gonna be disappointed like pretty much every year.

The people who think this is going to be a 2 to 5 win team will be changing their tune come October.

Well I kinda of agree with him but I am hoping that Gase surprises me again and we go 10 6. I am a extremest so I figure its.one or the other

I agree with their assessment, altho I said 3-13. But I could see 2-14. As long as those 2 wins are against the Jets.

This team is in a downward spiral and won't start climbing upward until Tannenbum is gone. He's the worst GM ever. He goes... then we can start improving. Need to get Dan to take the GM job

Nonsense. Name a year when a team QBed by Tannehill has won 5 games or less. He may not be elite but he is not the scrub you want to make him out to be. Guys like you deserve to root for teams QBed by guys like Cleo Lemon and John Beck.

And that is the big problem we have, Tannehill is good enough to get you 6 wins or maybe 8 or so but he's not going to get you much beyond that. That's killing us slowly because we are always picking in the middle of the pack and we are always waiting for that breakout season when he goes from mediocre to great, "maybe next year" has been the mantra.

Would much prefer a 2-14 than what we'll get which is as you say 6 or so wins.

Well IF we DO go 2-14 we will have the pick of the litter from next year's QB class.

Yeah, and that normally goes well for the team that has pick of the litter. Miami couldn't lose 14 games on purpose, ESPN on the other hand could easily go an entire week, without ever making one good prediction. Congrats ESPN on what you have become, you people must be pretty proud.

There kinda right. I have us going 3-13

I’d say 2-14 would be no surprise here. Miami has done nothing yet to change anyone’s perception.

2018 schedule
WK1 v Titans: A play off team last year that has strengthened their roster, I'd say loss.

WK2 @ Jets: Always tough to predict divisional games.

WK3 v Raiders: I'm not convinced they'll be a force next year but if they do rebound under Gruden I can see this being loss.

WK4 @ Patriots: Unless Brady and Brink retire, this will most likely be a loss.

WK5 @ Bengals: Another lackluster team that will be looking to bounce back.

WK6 v Bears: Tough defense and potentially an upgraded offense. Could be tough but I'd fancy us to win this one.

WK7 v Lions: New coach should improve their defense and their offense is usually good. I'd probably predict a loss here.

WK8 @ Texans: If Watson comeback and plays like he did last year this is a loss for us.

WK9 v Jets: Flip a coin.

WK10 @ Packers: I can't see anything but a loss here unless Rodgers is hurt again.

WK 12 @ Colts: If Luck is back playing at his usual level this is a tough game. If he's not then this is winnable.

WK13 v Bills: I think they'll be similar to us this year unless their new QB turns out to be an upgrade. Flip a coin.

WK14 v Patriots: A loss here.

WK15 @ Vikings: Another loss.

WK16 v Jaguars: Another loss.

WK17 @ Bills: Could be a tough end to the year if the weather's bad. Flip a coin.

So currently I'd say we've got 9 games I'd predict us to lose, though a couple of them are winnable if their QB situation is poor (Colts and texans). Then the rest could go either way. I think a realistic prediction without my dolphins hat on would be a similar win count to last year with some upside if the team clicks. However, if our offense doesn't improve (It's possible if Drake was a one year wonder and Tannehill struggles or gets hurt again) and our defense struggles, a couple of wins is certainly possible if those flip a coin games go against us.

You’re talking about coaches from 25-50 years ago. Hall and Oates didn’t break til their 3rd album. It’s 2018 bands ain’t getting 3 albums to find a hit and coaches are judged year to year.

This might be the weirdest comparison I've seen on this board. You're comparing football teams to pop/rock bands?

Where does 2-14 come from? The title is flat out false....

They actually predict 8-8, which in this case, really means: We dont know so we're going the safe route...

Where are you gettin 2-14 from, OP? A link would be nice, otherwise this thread just seems like clickbait

This might be the weirdest comparison I've seen on this board. You're comparing football teams to pop/rock bands?

Haha I work in music so maybe that just relates to my life. My point was that times are different in 2018 in most fields

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom