ESPN TV Just had a segment on our Fins........ | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN TV Just had a segment on our Fins........

Our chances took a bit of blow with NE eeking out the W last night, as they are one of the many teams ahead of us. If we can manage to win out (no easy feat) we need NE to lose at least 2 games before our week 18 match up. Now we need BUF to win the rematch and INDY to also beat NE.

Also, the Chargers beating CIN hurt too, as a loss would have had LA at 6-6. Now both teams are 7-5 and we need at least 2 losses out of both of them.
Or we need Buffalo to keep losing? New England is on top of the AFC… again. Will likely win the division.

The head-to-head record won't mean anything if more than 2 teams are tied, it will go to overall afc record. And if the bills lose to New England again will have six losses in the AFC, and if we win out will only have five. And Buffalo also plays Tampa Bay next week so 10-7 may be more likely for them than some think. But of course I've not been looking at the standing lol.
The first way you sort out tiebreakers for wild card teams is to eliminate within divisions. If we’re tied with Buffalo we’re out.

Or we need Buffalo to keep losing? New England is on top of the AFC… again. Will likely win the division.

I don’t see BUF losing 8 games, which is the minimum it’ll take to bypass them. NE has to be the target since we can still capture the h2h.

I don’t see BUF losing 8 games, which is the minimum it’ll take to bypass them. NE has to be the target since we can still capture the h2h.
That’s true I just don’t see the Patriots losing 3 more games do you

That’s true I just don’t see the Patriots losing 3 more games do you

If BUF and INDY can pin the first 2 on them then, yes, I believe we can force the 3rd loss in a winner take all situation at home.

If BUF and INDY can pin the first 2 on them then, yes, I believe we can force the 3rd loss in a winner take all situation at home.
Just my opinion but if you are picking between Buffalo losing 3 and New England losing 3. My bet is on Buffalo. Tampa bay and New England easily could be losses. So it’s down to can the Panthers pull off that magic they did with the cardinals or maybe the jets pull an upset

Just for 'kicks and grins', who does anybody think we can beat in the playoffs? Nobody at this point.

Speak for yourself.

JAX beat BUF this season. The Bucs came back from mediocrity last season to get hot at the right time (specifically their defense).

The NFL is a league where anything can happen. If MIA’s defense continues to play as they have been they’ll be in any game they play. If Tua continues to play as efficient as he has been to go along with the defensive, then they’d really be in good shape no matter who they play.

Just for 'kicks and grins', who does anybody think we can beat in the playoffs? Nobody at this point.

I believe we can beat anyone except Buffalo this year. They just have our number until proven otherwise.

We beat NE and the Ravens so far...so that's two of the upper teams. Chiefs aren't looking elite this year either.

Just my opinion but if you are picking between Buffalo losing 3 and New England losing 3. My bet is on Buffalo. Tampa bay and New England easily could be losses. So it’s down to can the Panthers pull off that magic they did with the cardinals or maybe the jets pull an upset

I think you’re looking at it wrong.

We need BUF to lose three and have zero control over any of it happening.
We only need NE to lose 2 then have 100% control over the 3rd loss happening.

There’s a huge difference there. One scenario doesn’t require as much outside help.

Furthermore both BUF and INDY are more than capable of beating NE. It’s not like hoping JAX or DET does it.

I definitely like the odds of BUF and INDY beating NE more than I do CAR beating BUF when the Bills can’t afford to disregard that game and rest players.

I believe we can beat anyone except Buffalo this year. They just have our number until proven otherwise.

We beat NE and the Ravens so far...so that's two of the upper teams. Chiefs aren't looking elite this year either.
We can even beat Buffalo. Consider The fact that Tua has yet to complete a full game against Buffalo. I still think if Tua was healthy the entire first game. We win, the defense was holding them down until they were just too worn out

It should be noted that Tua has the IT factor

It's still way too early to say that.

They are protecting him with short passes and he's making the most of it. I'm not going to knock him.

I can't say he's a franchise type QB until he shows he can consistently push the ball and use the intermediate areas of the field.

I understand the OL isn't good, but its something he wasnt particularly great at in college and most of his bad mistakes in the NFL have also come pushing the ball.

Maybe he can do it with better blocking. I'm not saying he "cant" I'm just saying to be a top QB you need to use the whole field.

Hopefully next year we see that as the next step with a better line.

We can even beat Buffalo. Consider The fact that Tua has yet to complete a full game against Buffalo. I still think if Tua was healthy the entire first game. We win, the defense was holding them down until they were just too worn out

The first game? We were already down like 14-0 or something when he left and we were getting curb stomped before Jacoby came in.

It's still way too early to say that.

They are protecting him with short passes and he's making the most of it. I'm not going to knock him.

I can't say he's a franchise type QB until he shows he can consistently push the ball and use the intermediate areas of the field.

I understand the OL isn't good, but its something he wasnt particularly great at in college and most of his bad mistakes in the NFL have also come pushing the ball.

Maybe he can do it with better blocking. I'm not saying he "cant" I'm just saying to be a top QB you need to use the whole field.

Hopefully next year we see that as the next step with a better line.

I really don’t have anything to say to you

You don’t have to be a fan you don’t have to wear his jersey

We have gone back and forth

Your takes are brutal

Back
Top Bottom