ESPN TV Just had a segment on our Fins........ | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ESPN TV Just had a segment on our Fins........

And our chances to make the playoffs with Tua's accuracy and ability to get off quick passes and the necessity of doing so because of THE WORST OL in the NFL. Pass Blocking was something they called 45% or 54%, I believe, and they said that run blocking was at the very bottom of the league as well with Gaskin and Ahmed getting hit behind the line of scrimmage almost every carry. They felt that this will eventually stunt Tua's ability to throw the deep ball but I don't believe that. He also has the second quickest release at 2.5 sec in the NFL. The feeling was that the schedule was favorable however there are too many losses to the teams that we are chasing that it will be extremely difficult though not impossible if they keep playing the way they are now.........Finsup!!!!!!!
wow, espn realizes that our line is the worst in the league. It's refreshing to see the media actually defending Tua . people are starting to notice how good Tua can be when he gets a decent oline.

It's still way too early to say that.

They are protecting him with short passes and he's making the most of it. I'm not going to knock him.

I can't say he's a franchise type QB until he shows he can consistently push the ball and use the intermediate areas of the field.

I understand the OL isn't good, but its something he wasnt particularly great at in college and most of his bad mistakes in the NFL have also come pushing the ball.

Maybe he can do it with better blocking. I'm not saying he "cant" I'm just saying to be a top QB you need to use the whole field.

Hopefully next year we see that as the next step with a better line.
Did you just write Tua wasnt particularly great at pushing the ball downfield in college?

Did you just write Tua wasnt particularly great at pushing the ball downfield in college?

No. I wrote he wasn't good at fitting the ball into tighter windows over the middle of the field consistently.

The intermediate area has never been his forte, but you guys are so busy sucking him off you can't admit he has anything to work on and get defensive.

Watch his tape and you'll see its most pushing it deep to open receivers or short passes. The middle intermediate has never been an area he utilized the way it is in the NFL, and most of his turnovers or bad plays have been trying to hit balls in this area under pressure in his NFL career.

It's still way too early to say that.

They are protecting him with short passes and he's making the most of it. I'm not going to knock him.

I can't say he's a franchise type QB until he shows he can consistently push the ball and use the intermediate areas of the field.

I understand the OL isn't good, but its something he wasnt particularly great at in college and most of his bad mistakes in the NFL have also come pushing the ball.

Maybe he can do it with better blocking. I'm not saying he "cant" I'm just saying to be a top QB you need to use the whole field.

Hopefully next year we see that as the next step with a better line.
You seem to be a decent dude, but almost everything you post is hilariously inaccurate.

You seem to be a decent dude, but almost everything you post is hilariously inaccurate.
Agreed. Anybody claiming that Tua wasn't good at pushing the ball downfield in college must not have watched him play. His passer rating on 20+ yard throws was the third highest in all of college football.. He was good at short, medium and deep throws, but PFF gave the highest grade to his deep throws.

I don’t see BUF losing 8 games, which is the minimum it’ll take to bypass them. NE has to be the target since we can still capture the h2h.
I want pats to lose also, because I do not want to see, I repeat, I do now want to see pats get no.1 seed. They keep winning they'll win the division and could retain no 1 spot despite not being best team in afc. Regardless, that would be very tough for any team to beat them and last thing we need to see his pats in the superbowl........again. I think it helps miami more with pats losing too for miami to get in playoffs also

I tried to figure out all scenarios needed for us to make the play-offs but gave up. There at least 20 diff scenarios, probably more. We need more games to be played before we can really take a closer look.

Crazy Dude GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Just saw these clips, most were last year, but just made me think of Tua's intermediate or deep passes from some have been naysayers. One showed him miss but dude wasn't really open. But Tua can hit the deep passes. He doesn't have a rocket arm but he sling it far and in good time. I've noticed lately and makes me wonder if it was because of his injured ribs. But it seems like his passes have shown more zip lately so makes me wonder if a little more time to throw he's been able to set his feet more and how much his injured ribs affected his passing too. But look at the last clip with bengals with the deep pass. Perfect pass right in hands in stride and drops damn ball, but it didn't loft slowly in the air but go to him fast. That;s also with tua not completely healed with his hip last year too. . That deep pass was 53 yards in the air and got there pretty fast too. Look where he launches ball, he's at miami 2 yard line and ball lands at bengals 45 yard line.

Back
Top Bottom