Every Rosen Pass Vs Dallas | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every Rosen Pass Vs Dallas

We were the only team interested in the kid even with all the qb needy teams during that draft. If he was such a hot commodity he wouldn’t have been had for a 2nd rd draft pick after being selected 10th overall by Zona.
Actually that is incorrect. There were several teams interested including the Patriots who would have traded for him with their 3rd Round pick if we would not have traded. The reason why he was at a bargain is that AZ had to make a move and nobody was willing to give Zona more than they had to. With a few QBs available in the draft Rosen became a 'buyers market item'.

Did he really beat him out because everything That was reported was Fitzpatrick was way ahead of Rosen in Camp but once the pads came on things started to turn and well all seen the preseason games Rosen clearly outplayed Fitz. So your argument is really crap. You can spin it however you want but I read all the reports and watched every snap.

We know Rosen never got beat out by Fitz and this is just something he's trying to hang on!

Flo wanted to start off with the veteran and even stated in his presser when he named Rosen the starter for game 3 he wanted to protect Josh.

We all know Flo was waiting for after the bye week but Fitzpatrick's horrible play made Flo move the start date up!

Rosen had **** accuracy but showed some redeeming qualities in his ability to move and see downfield. He's got a long way to go to convince me that he's the answer. And the OL didn't pass block as bad as everyone thinks. On a side note, Chad O'Shea called a good pass game against that defense.
The offense had two extra guys in the backfield to help block which actually takes away receiving options. It hinders an offense.

Did he really beat him out because everything That was reported was Fitzpatrick was way ahead of Rosen in Camp but once the pads came on things started to turn and well all seen the preseason games Rosen clearly outplayed Fitz. So your argument is really crap. You can spin it however you want but I read all the reports and watched every snap.

What do you mean did he really beat him out? Last I checked if there is a QB competition the guy who wins is the starter for week 1. Ryan Fitzpatrick was the starter in week 1 that is not up for debate that is not my argument it's what happened in real life. It doesn't matter what you or I think it's up the coach to determine who won the QB battle. Maybe he made his decision on their play in camp maybe he simply made a bad choice. Clearly Rosen should have been the starter in week 1 but that's not what happened so the fact remains for whatever reason's he did not win the QB battle. That's all I'm saying, I'm not saying he sucks, I'm just stating what happened. Now I didn't real every single press clipping but if there's information out there that states otherwise than I guess I'm wrong.

If you know something I don't about the real reason's Rosen was not the opening day starter than please share because I don't have insider information.

Last edited:
The offense had two extra guys in the backfield to help block which actually takes away receiving options. It hinders an offense.

Having more WR options doesn't mean the offense is better. Especially not with our personnel. Definitely not with our QB.

i just dont see it. watching some of these other 1st and 2nd year QBs playing right now i do. they throw for 300 yards. they score TDs. and some of them play behind lines not much better than ours. rosen reminds me of tannehill. you will forever be talking about what he needs around him to succeed rather than how he makes everyone around him better.

Who?

If you know something I don't about the real reason's Rosen was not the opening day starter than please share because I don't have insider information.

The real reason? Nobody knows that, but considering Jessie Davis played a serviceable RT in James' absence and is now the starting LT, while never having played the position in the pros gives me a little insight. Add to that, Julian Davenport was ATROCIOUS as a RT, yet found footing a LT while in Houston...but is our RT when healthy only further blows the smoke out of my eyes.

How can it be "as far as we know" AND "base my opinion on the facts presented" at the same time? Those are mutually exclusive statements.

It can be "as far as we know" because you stated that "maybe Flores didn't want to risk his high valued asset behind the OL" so I was pandering to your conspiracy theory.

What do you mean did he really beat him out? Last I checked if there is a QB competition the guy who wins is the starter for week 1. Ryan Fitzpatrick was the starter in week 1 that is not up for debate that is not my argument it's what happened in real life. It doesn't matter what you or I think it's up the coach to determine who won the QB battle. Maybe he made his decision on their play in camp maybe he made simply made a bad choice. Clearly Rosen should have been the starter in week 1 but that's not what happened so the fact remains for whatever reason's he did not win the QB battle. That's all I'm saying, I'm not saying he sucks, I'm just stating what happened.

When people on the board say Rosen isn’t even good enough to beat out Fitzpatrick and you echo that statement it’s fuels the unrealistic arguments. Because you even said yourself Rosen should of started week one. Which proves my point Fitzpatrick really didn’t win the job. He just had more experience.

It can be "as far as we know" because you stated that "maybe Flores didn't want to risk his high valued asset behind the OL" so I was pandering to your conspiracy theory.

wow , just wow. Talk about spinning your own words.

When people on the board say Rosen isn’t even good enough to beat out Fitzpatrick and you echo that statement it’s fuels there unrealistic arguments. Because you even said yourself Rosen should of started week one. Which proves my point Fitzpatrick really didn’t deserve to win the job.

I like going back and forth as much as the next guy but I'm tired so I'll end with this. I'm not team Rosen nor am I anti-Rosen. The guy has played 1 game for us and that's just not enough data to come to any conclusion one way or another. If he play's spectacularly and we go 13-3 I'll be ecstatic and will get on my knees and praise him as my new god. If he has a handful of decent to good games I think he should get another shot next year when we have more talent while Tua sits for a year.

Back
Top Bottom