Every Rosen Pass Vs Dallas | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every Rosen Pass Vs Dallas

this is not an awful awful post but bad enough to earn 2 out of 5 of these
:poop: :poop:
i couldn't sum up ryan's career here any better; not awful awful but bad enough to earn 2 out of 5 of these :poop :poop

Long way to go but Rosen has impressed me just about every time he's set foot on the field.

Overall arm strength and toughness might be the only area's I'd say RT had advantage over Rosen. JR is very pocket aware and his footwork is superior to Ryan's. That's why he avoided all those would be sacks in the first half yesterday.

I am not too worried about what JR did at UCLA or with the Cardinals, yesterday he was the best player on the Dolphins.

I did post on here many times before the 2018 draft that I would've been ok with replacing Tannehill with Rosen but didn't care for any of the other QB's. I'm staying consistent with that.

I liked him then, like him even more now.
He was the QB of a team that scored 6 points against a team that didn't pressure him until the second half.

You know what happens when someone drops a ball? You lose one down. You have 3. Want to make up for a drop like really good QBs do? Make another good throw for a first down and keep going. That's what gets me about the drop excuse that everybody is making. If he's only capable of a few good throws a game that we end up scoring single digit points if the WRs drop a few, he's not very good, is he?

i couldn't sum up ryan's career here any better; not awful awful but bad enough to earn 2 out of 5 of these :poop :poop
In year 1 after Tannehill we are the worst team in the history of the game. Just saying.

You know what happens when someone drops a ball? You lose one down. You have 3. Want to make up for a drop like really good QBs do? Make another good throw for a first down and keep going. That's what gets me about the drop excuse that everybody is making.
The Williams drop was on 3rd down.

so when rosen fails here its not his fault. got it. i heard that for 7 years about the last guy. he's holding a clipboard now.

Are you really that football illiterate that you can see how bad all of the players are that are around Rosen?

Are you really that football illiterate that you can see how bad all of the players are that are around Rosen?
For every missed catch there were 3 - 4 badly thrown balls yesterday. He played decent but he was part of the blame for that loss as well.

Oh my, some people appear to be off their meds today or are just bat**** crazy!

Rosen stats for the year...

26-60 (43.3%), 302 yards, 5.0 YPA, 0 TD, 2 int, 7 sacks, QBR 31.0, QB rating 45.3

Against the Cowboys he led the Dolphins to a mere 6 points...and on one of those drives (10 play, 49 yards) was because Fitzpatrick was 2-2 for 29 yards providing 59% of the yardage on those two throws and had moved Miami from their 42 to the Cowboys 21 (37 of the 49 yards in the drive) and Miami had a 1st and 10 when Rosen was re-inserted.

Rosen made a few nice throws (40 yard to Parker, stripped football in endzone to PW), but had as many inaccurate as accurate throws and nearly got a WR killed. His play in the second half was poor at best. The Dolphins had 30 plays for 70 yards.

Rosen led Miami to converting 2 of 14 third downs, that's worse than Tannehill used to do. Fitzpatrick was 1 for 1 on converting 3rd downs with a 25 yard completion to PW in which he escaped pressure and got leveled as he threw.

Fitz play was more special than any play Rosen made yesterday escaping the pocket from two tackles. I'm sure Rosen fans would use that play as proof he is worthy of rebuilding around if only he had done it...

Only two QBs out of 35 qualifying are completing less than 56% of their passes (Fitz at 51.9% and Rosen at 43.3%). Even Fitz has a higher YPA than Rosen 5.8 to 5.0.

This is coming off a season in which Rosen threw 1 TD pass in his last 5 games as a starter.

Yet, Rosen-colored glass wearing fans have now been comparing his game with Aaron Rogers, saying he would be the starter on many other teams (none of which wanted to trade for him) and have decided Miami needs to rebuild around him.

Before anointing Rosen the franchise QB let this sink in...Since Rosen's last TD pass to Larry Fitzgerald his stats are...114 - 221, 51.58%, 4.96 YPA, 0 TD, 6 int, QB rating 54.45

I get fans wanting to have a legitimate QB after Marino retired 20 years ago, but at least wait till he gets Miami into the endzone 1 time!

Last edited:
Oh my, some people appear to be off their meds today or are just bat**** crazy!

Rosen stats for the year...

26-60 (43.3%), 302 yards, 5.0 YPA, 0 TD, 2 int, 7 sacks, QBR 31.0, QB rating 45.3

Against the Cowboys he led the Dolphins to a mere 6 points...and on one of those drives (10 play, 49 yards) was because Fitzpatrick was 2-2 for 29 yards providing 59% of the yardage on those two throws and had moved Miami from their 42 to the Cowboys 21 and Miami had a 1st and 10 when Rosen was re-inserted.

Rosen made a few nice throws (40 yard to Parker, stripped football in endzone to PW), but had as many inaccurate as accurate throws and nearly got a WR killed. His play in the second half was poor at best. The Dolphins had 30 plays for 70 yards.

Rosen led Miami to converting 2 of 14 third downs, that's worse than Tannehill used to do. Fitzpatrick was 1 for 1 on converting 3rd downs with a 25 yard completion to PW in which he escaped pressure and got leveled as he threw.

Fitz play was more special than any play Rosen made yesterday escaping the pocket from two tackles. I'm sure Rosen fans would use that play as proof he is worthy of rebuilding around if only he had done it...

Only two QBs out of 35 qualifying are completing less than 56% of their passes (Fitz at 51.9% and Rosen at 43.3%). Even Fitz has a higher YPA than Rosen 5.8 to 5.0.

This is coming off a season in which Rosen threw 1 TD pass in his last 5 games as a starter.

Yet, Rosen-colored glass wearing fans have now been comparing his game with Aaron Rogers, saying he would be the starter on many other teams (none of which wanted to trade for him) and have decided Miami needs to rebuild around him.

Before anointing Rosen the franchise QB let this sink in...Since Rosen's last TD pass to Larry Fitzgerald his stats are...114 - 221, 51.58%, 4.96 YPA, 0 TD, 6 int, QB rating 54.45

I get fans wanting to have a legitimate QB after Marino retired 20 years ago, but at least wait till he gets Miami into the endzone 1 time!
Exactly. Some need to Pump the breaks.

He was the QB of a team that scored 6 points against a team that didn't pressure him until the second half.

You know what happens when someone drops a ball? You lose one down. You have 3. Want to make up for a drop like really good QBs do? Make another good throw for a first down and keep going. That's what gets me about the drop excuse that everybody is making. If he's only capable of a few good throws a game that we end up scoring single digit points if the WRs drop a few, he's not very good, is he?

1 ball, 5 balls in the first half, same thing.

Rosen moved the ball all day despite no running game, abysmal pass blocking and the aforementioned drops.

But ya, he dropped a TD, fumbled at the 5 and missed a FG.

1 ball, 5 balls in the first half, same thing.

Rosen moved the ball all day despite no running game, abysmal pass blocking and the aforementioned drops.

But ya, he dropped a TD, fumbled at the 5 and missed a FG.
Miami averaged 4.33 yards per Rosen pass play the entire game.

30 plays for 70 yards and 0 for 7 converting 3rd downs in the 2nd half is moving the ball all day?

Miami averaged 4.33 yards per Rosen pass play the entire game.

30 plays for 70 yards and 0 for 7 converting 3rd downs in the 2nd half is moving the ball all day?

It is when your preconceived notion that Rosen is better than Fitzpatrick

Really after Rosen's first start with us? Do you remember Tannehill's first start against the Texans ?

You want to play that game? Ok let’s see how Rosen compares to Tannehill’s 2nd start next week when he threw for over 400 yards and tied a rookie yardage record (at the time) vs Arizona. Think Josh will top that?

Honestly I hope so, I’m rooting for the kid but the arguments are getting ridiculous. There is NOBODY who should be anointing him as the future based on that game and although he evidence is much stronger that he is not you still can’t rule it out. Why do we love snap judgements so much? Let it play out, sit back and hopefully watch the kid grow. There aren’t many other reasons to watch Miami games anyway.

Back
Top Bottom