Every Rosen Pass Vs Dallas | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Every Rosen Pass Vs Dallas

Difference is brady's 3 yd passes turn into 12, 26, 44 yd gains, ours 3, 0, -5
Brady throws guys open and hits them in stride BEFORE they get to a stopping point in the zone. He doesn't throw the ball behind them, over their heads, or into the ground.

Rosen takes too long and throws it at guys who have already stopped and are waiting for the ball. There's a reason why getting the ball out quick is important, and it's not just to avoid sacks.

First off if you look at PreSeason, Rosen was the one that won the socalled QB battle, and as where he would start, he would have a chance to start for the Colts, Jets, Steelers, Jaguars, Titans, Redskins, and, yes possibly back with the Cardinals.

First of all the fans don't get to decide who wins any position battle that is up to the coach and the coach of the Miami Dolphins picked Fitzpatrick as the winner.

Why include the Steelers in this since they have their Franchise QB in Ben unless your implying he would become the starter after Big Ben went down. But if that's what you're implying that's not the same thing as earning the starting position by beating out the other guy that's just waiting for injury to happen because you can't beat the other guy. Maybe you misunderstood me but when I say can he start on any of the 31 teams in the NFL I'm asking can he win a QB competition and earn the starting position on any of the 31 teams in the NFL and be the week 1 starter, not can he be a backup and wait for injury to finally become a starter.

Colts--Brissett is 6th in QB rating with 112.0, 4th in TD% with 7.6, 7th in completion % with 71.7--I really don't think Rosen would have won this
Jets--No way he would have beat out Darnold since there wouldn't be a competition to begin with
Jaguars--No way he beats out Nick Foles and probably doesn't even beat out Minshew for 2nd in the depth chart since Minshew has been playing pretty damn good as in the best rookie QB so far into the season
Steelers--Wouldnt have beat out Big Ben
Redskins--Ceenum is completing 69% of his passes and has a 111.2 QB rating so doubtful
Titans--I doubt he even beats out veteran Tannehill for the #2 job
Cardinals--The GM and coach clearly have expressed their opinion on Rosen so I don't see how that would work

Rosen looked pretty good. Couldve had 300 yards if oline held up. Plus ton of drop balls. Even a TD was dropped. He definitely needs to be coached , but I'm all in next year. Let's build that line this coming offseason. Draft a real WR. If Rosen pans out. Then Its Lawrence time in 2021

Rosen looked ok, unfortunately I only saw the first half. I do have to say this: My wife was watching (briefly) and of course she saw the play where he pretended to be hurt and had to come out. She was like wow that was dumb, did his tampon fall out? I was like IDK players are like this these days.

Brady throws guys open and hits them in stride BEFORE they get to a stopping point in the zone. He doesn't throw the ball behind them, over their heads, or into the ground.

Rosen takes too long and throws it at guys who have already stopped and are waiting for the ball. There's a reason why getting the ball out quick is important, and it's not just to avoid sacks.

Rosen was throwing deeper than 3 yds

First of all the fans don't get to decide who wins any position battle that is up to the coach and the coach of the Miami Dolphins picked Fitzpatrick as the winner.

Why include the Steelers in this since they have their Franchise QB in Ben unless your implying he would become the starter after Big Ben went down. But if that's what you're implying that's not the same thing as earning the starting position by beating out the other guy that's just waiting for injury to happen because you can't beat the other guy. Maybe you misunderstood me but when I say can he start on any of the 31 teams in the NFL I'm asking can he win a QB competition and earn the starting position on any of the 31 teams in the NFL and be the week 1 starter, not can he be a backup and wait for injury to finally become a starter.

Colts--Brissett is 6th in QB rating with 112.0, 4th in TD% with 7.6, 7th in completion % with 71.7--I really don't think Rosen would have won this
Jets--No way he would have beat out Darnold since there wouldn't be a competition to begin with
Jaguars--No way he beats out Nick Foles and probably doesn't even beat out Minshew for 2nd in the depth chart since Minshew has been playing pretty damn good as in the best rookie QB so far into the season
Redskins--Ceenum is completing 69% of his passes and has a 111.2 QB rating so doubtful
Cardinals--The GM and coach clearly have expressed their opinion on Rosen so I don't see how that would work

Your hilarious with this....

Keenum is another Fitzpatrick on his 5th team. Rosen by a country mile!
Brissett actually looks like he's turning into an OK QB.
Darnold has proven NOTHING and is in the same boat as Rosen with a better team around him!
The Steelers have Mason Rudolph and there is NO way he is better then Rosen at 0-3 with all that talent!!
We ALL know what Tannehill is about and Rosen is a more complete QB at year 2 then Tanehill in year 9!
Kyle Murray hasn't won a game and it's still up in the air as to what this little tiny itsy bitsy QB can be....
Minshew being better then Rosen just shows you ALL OUT HATE FOR THE KID and is Ridiculous!!!!

Your stats as to how these QBs performer mean nothing because there talent around there QB's are light years ahead of what Miami has assembled.

You said teams that Rosen would start for, each of those teams is not doing very well right now, so if he was on the team, eventually he would start getting looks in practice, with eventual chance at taking over the starting job. Also I am not a psychic, so I am just going with has a chance of starting on those teams.

It's true that Steelers are without Big Ben, and yes, I am going after injury, but he may also be on his way out very soon.

In Tennessee Mariota has proven nothing, other then inconsistency, and Tannehill since coming back last year, is nowhere the QB he used to be.

In indy and Washington, can you be 100% sure Rosen with a better O-line could not duplicate those type of stats as I am that he might?

On the Jets if both got a fair chance to compete with each other, Rosen has just as good a chance to dethrown Darnold, their Stats were not that far off from each other last year with Rosen getting the disadvantage of no real O-Line, and two HCs.

What I saw in preseason, and yesterday's game gives me hope there might be something there with Rosen.

Rosen gets the season.

It’s something else to move a team that is getting pulverized.

Still he did it sometimes - especially in the first half.

Flores needs to get the **** over himself and go for it on 4th down.

Rosen seems to have potential because he extends plays....

He has a nice deep ball.

He needs to get better though - he better become Houdini !!!!

Tannehill > Rosen and it's not even close.

I think you have it backwards and I am/was a huge Tannehill homer.

No question Rosen has better accuracy, touch and mechanics than RT.

RT could never make that throw to Preston Williams in the endzone. The fade was his achilles, where as Rosen can drop those dimes with ease.

It's not even a question that Rosen's arm is superior. Not even up for debate.

Rosen's also got a much more natural feel for the pocket. Tannehill get's sacked 5 times in that first half yesterday.

RT could never make that throw to Preston Williams in the endzone. The fade was his achilles, where as Rosen can drop those dimes with ease.

Rosen's also got a much more natural feel for the pocket. Tannehill get's sacked 5 times in that first half yesterday.
You're not a Tannehill homer. You're a "Whoever is the starting quarterback of the Dolphins" homer if you believe all that.

Darnold has proven NOTHING and is in the same boat as Rosen with a better team around him!
The Steelers have Mason Rudolph and there is NO way he is better then Rosen at 0-3 with all that talent!!
We ALL know what Tannehill is about and Rosen is a more complete QB at year 2 then Tanehill in year 9!
Kyle Murray hasn't won a game and it's still up in the air as to what this little tiny itsy bitsy QB can be....
Minshew being better then Rosen just shows you ALL OUT HATE FOR THE KID and is Ridiculous!!!!

Your stats as to how these QBs performer mean nothing because there talent around there QB's are light years ahead of what Miami has assembled.
Lol...

--If Keenum is another Fitzpatrick and Rosen couldn't beat out Fitzpatrick than well...
--Yep Darnold has proven nothing don't remember saying otherwise but if you think Gase would hold an open competition you are very wrong.
--Yeah I guess Rosen could potentially have beaten out Rudolph for the #2 job behind Big Ben but that's all since he is not going to beat out Big Ben himself and would never see the field unless Big Ben got injured.
--Tannehill is a decent QB who can play good for a couple of games a year, Mariota is another decent QB who can have a couple of good games, so far Rosen has only had a decent half in his career
--I don't know if you know this but the Coach of the Cardinals didn't want Rosen and the GM who drafted him traded him away so clearly they just don't believe in the guy the same way you do and based on their actions prefer to be 0-3 with their little tiny itsy bitsy QB as oppose to being 0-3 with prototypical height Rosen.
--Nope I have no hatred for him I just don't have a raging boner for him since you know it's literally been 1 game where he played decent for 1 half. That's not enough information to determine what he is yet, I mean apparently 1 game and 1 half is enough for you to commit but I just don't think any logical person can determine anything based on 1 game. FYI Minshew has 5 TD's and 1 int and his lowest QB rating so far in 3 games is 97.2 but don't let that get in the way of your agenda.

You're not a Tannehill homer. You're a "Whoever is the starting quarterback of the Dolphins" homer if you believe all that.

That’s probably true. I really like RTs physical traits. They’re just not comparable to Rosen’s.

Rosen plays faster than RT.

Tannehill lacked touch. For JR it’s a strength.

I spent 10 years not liking and Dolphin QB though.

Rosen looks good out there no doubt (good mechanics) but the results never follow. College, with the cardinals and now with the fins. He's always underachieved. And he doesnt have a better arm than Tannehill. And the majority of QBs in the league make the throw to Williams yesterday. It was a relatively easy throw.

Lot of good stuff there. Here's how I saw the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Good
Rosen made a lot of good throws, regardless of whether they were caught or not.
Rosen didn't throw any INT's and with the exception of a few 50/50 balls, didn't really look like he was giving the ball away. Very solid outing. Good ball security.
Extended plays where he could and exhibited good pocket presence overall.
Took a sack when necessary and threw the ball away when needed.
Didn't fumble the ball nor really expose himself to INT's.
Saw the defense well and didn't get caught confused as most defenses try to do to young QB's.
Lots of good progression reads.
Quick analysis of coverages and separation.
Quick translation from what he saw to the ball out of his hand and to the receiver.
Generally put the ball where his guy could catch it, even when his ball placement was off (usually too high, which is a good sign because that's easily correctable and common for young over-excited QB's rushing things or not concentrating on their footwork).
Didn't hold onto the ball too long. Got the ball out quickly, even on deep throws.
Very good accuracy on deep throws.
Composure under pressure.
Never had a "deer in the headlights" moment.

Bad
He had a lot of bad throws, including ones that were completed which were made much harder than they needed to be or limited/prevented YAC chances.
Overall about half of his passes were poor (20 of 39 I'd call poor passes), but most were near misses rather than wild or dangerous throws.
He didn't orchestrate even one TD drive. Ultimately, those are what make QB's good, so he's gonna have to start converting drives eventually.

Ugly
That hospital ball to Hurns that caused him to have a concussion looked like a rookie mistake. To Rosen's credit, he referred to it as one of the lowest points of his career so far, so he realizes and regrets it.

Conclusion

All in all, it wasn't a productive offense, but I can definitely say that was the most encouraging game I've ever seen Josh Rosen play. This is the first time it seems like he might just be building towards eventually realizing his potential. Kudos to ya kid, this was a breakthrough game despite not generating even one TD for the offense. Now we know you have it in ya … it's just getting it out more consistently.
:hclap:
I don't put the touchdown drives on him. The drops and fumble were out of his control. Plus the three straight runs. He looked a lot more pressed in the second half which was maybe a cause of the game getting away. I just want to see him make those throws week to week. It was something he was never able to do at UCLA

Back
Top Bottom