Everyone is fawning over Deuce McAllister after our game with him...(merged) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyone is fawning over Deuce McAllister after our game with him...(merged)

Um, no. As I said in the other post. You have to remember that no matter what happened in that game, and article regarding either Deuce's performance or Ricky's would have been written. Deuce had the better game even though it was just preseason. Do you expect them to say Deuce was still the wrong choice off of that performance?

Where in my posts do you get the idea that I'm trying to say that Ricky can't even hold Deuce's jockstrap? I'm posting here because some of you think that Ricky is a god and that Deuce sucks the big one.

Those writers saw Deuce's performance. And if you don't know how the west coast offense works, or even how the Saints' style of offense works... the runningback needs to be a good receiver. Ricky was not one. Deuce has shown that he is thus far. THAT is why they are saying he is probably the right choice over Ricky. Not because he had a "3.8 ypc against a piss poor run defense".

No article needed to be written. And if Don Banks were a responsible writer, he would have given adequate focus on the fact that not much was proved by Deuce in that game because of the circumstances. Instead, he focused on all the positives, none of the caveats....as a lot of Saints fans continue to do.

And you'd better go back and look at Jim Haslett's statements. He stated just why Deuce is the right choice for them and he didn't say ANYTHING about Deuce's receiving ability.

In the end you're just a rogue Saints fan trying to tell a bunch of Phins fans that the Saints got the OBVIOUS better end of the deal and that the Phins got a sucky back who can't catch, fumbles too much, can't bust any big runs, and gets injured too much...why Deuce McAllister is the 2nd coming of christ who can break big runs using his speed, yet pound it up the middle just as effectively as Ricky could, who can run the crisp precise routes of a WR being uncoverable by any safety or linebacker, while using his great hands to always catch the ball and never fumble it, and never going down with any serious injuries.

Thats soooo very nice of you. But next time you come in with a monkey on your back and a chip on your shoulder out to prove something, don't do it in MY thread unless its on topic. You wanna discuss my topic that I brought up? Fine. Then discuss my topic. But don't use it as an arena for your gold and black crusade to show the world that the Saints have made the best decision in franchise history.

Hahahaha. That's pretty funny.

Of course an article needed to be written. Everyone in the league wanted to hear about the Deuce vs Ricky fiasco.

Maybe you should go back and look at all that Jim Haslett and his staff has said. You must have just seen one article on it, because Haslett is always raving about Deuce's ability to catch the ball and his speed.

Why do you sound so pissed off? Just found out that Ricky isn't as great as you thought? Don't get mad when you never see Ricky break long runs or when you see him fumble the ball. Nothing else needs to be said. Those who think Ricky is a future hall of famer need to wake up.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
No article needed to be written. And if Don Banks were a responsible writer, he would have given adequate focus on the fact that not much was proved by Deuce in that game because of the circumstances. Instead, he focused on all the positives, none of the caveats....as a lot of Saints fans continue to do.

And you'd better go back and look at Jim Haslett's statements. He stated just why Deuce is the right choice for them and he didn't say ANYTHING about Deuce's receiving ability.

In the end you're just a rogue Saints fan trying to tell a bunch of Phins fans that the Saints got the OBVIOUS better end of the deal and that the Phins got a sucky back who can't catch, fumbles too much, can't bust any big runs, and gets injured too much...why Deuce McAllister is the 2nd coming of christ who can break big runs using his speed, yet pound it up the middle just as effectively as Ricky could, who can run the crisp precise routes of a WR being uncoverable by any safety or linebacker, while using his great hands to always catch the ball and never fumble it, and never going down with any serious injuries.

Thats soooo very nice of you. But next time you come in with a monkey on your back and a chip on your shoulder out to prove something, don't do it in MY thread unless its on topic. You wanna discuss my topic that I brought up? Fine. Then discuss my topic. But don't use it as an arena for your gold and black crusade to show the world that the Saints have made the best decision in franchise history.

Well, ckparrothead, I think its safe to close the can of whoopass and save it for the next guy that comes into your thread. :lol:

Originally posted by Brad01
Why do you sound so pissed off? Just found out that Ricky isn't as great as you thought? Don't get mad when you never see Ricky break long runs or when you see him fumble the ball. Nothing else needs to be said. Those who think Ricky is a future hall of famer need to wake up.

He's pissed off because your a homer. Everytime someone brings up a good point you completely skip over it and change the subject to some other point. Sounds more like your trying to justify to yourself that the Saints did a "good thing" when history has shown that it hasn't been that way.

Ricky's first 3 year numbers. 38 games. 814 rushes for 3129 yards for a 3.8 avg and 16 TD's. 132 receptions for 1092 yards for an 8.3 avg and 2 TD's.

Marshall Faulks first 3 year numbers. 45 games. 801 rushes for 2947 yards and a 3.7 avg and 29Td's. 164 receptions for 1425 yards for an 8.7 avg and 4 TD's.

Curtis Martin first 3 year numbers. 45 games. 958 rushes for 3799 yards and a 4.0 avg and 32 TD's. 117 receptions for 890 yards and a 7.6 avg and 5 TD's.

Pretty common numbers there when compared to the 2 future Hall of famers who also got traded. Ricky's shown to be the stronger rusher then Marshall early on and a better pass catcher then Curtis Martin. You know how Curtis and Marshall turned out in the end :D :p

Or how about Jerome Bettis the final traded RB.

Jerome Bettis first 3 years. 47 games. 796 rushes for 3091 yards and a 3.9 avg and 13 TD's. 75 receptions for 643 yards and a 8.6 yd avg and 1 TD.

What do the aints have? A good 3rd down back who is now a starter with a history of various injuries in college who didn't get much playing time despite the coaches now professed love for him who has to still prove in real games that he's the real deal before the homers can start to defend him.

Figures.......first the excuse was we played an expansion team....now it's you played 2 games in 4 days....and you didn't have all of your starters in......I'm tired of this nonsense. I'm ready for the regular season....it'll be interesting to see what the excuses are then.

Originally posted by Coach_Largent

so answer me again, how many games and or practices did Ricky miss in his college career ???

The answer is of course ZERO, and he had a few more touches than Dulymus.

That's true.....but it's the NFL now....and ricky missed 11 games in 2 yrs, including one playoff game.

Yes Ricky got more touches in college....that along with his running style should take a few years off of his NFL career.

Originally posted by Saint Greg
Figures.......first the excuse was we played an expansion team....now it's you played 2 games in 4 days....and you didn't have all of your starters in......I'm tired of this nonsense. I'm ready for the regular season....it'll be interesting to see what the excuses are then.

There won't be any excuses then because it will be out there and he'll be proving himself. The simple fact Greg is that it's the preseason. The phins themselves have had a couple guys looking pretty damn good in the preseason but we aren't counting our chickens before they hatch.

Which is the reason I started this thread. Folks are trying to say that in the preseason Deuce McAllister has already proven himself....against the Phins specifically. Sure he did some positive things, and I'm somewhat impressed with the kid. But you must give adequate heed to the caveats in this situation and NOT just the normal "its only preseason" sayings. Deuce did his damage against an undrafted rookie FOURTH STRING MLB who probably will not even make this team. While he didn't do anything BAD, he still didn't quite do enough to warrant the lovefest articles that are coming out about how good of a decision Haslett made.

By the way, notice one commonality among homer Saints fans? They CAN'T, just absolutely CAN NOT bring themselves to say that Ricky missed 11 games in THREE years. They ALWAYS, and I do mean ALWAYS say that he missed 11 games in TWO years. Why not include the 3rd year? If you're trying to say that Ricky is injury prone, wouldn't it be rather IRRESPONSIBLE of you to PURPOSELY try and skew the numbers to prove that he's more injury prone than he is, by purposely excluding a full year that Ricky spent injury free from your observations? Oh NOOOOOOOOOOO, not at ALLL these Saints fans will say. The bottom line to THEM is that they can say that he missed 11 games in 2 years WITHOUT TECHNICALLY LYING, so thats good enough for them.

Makes you wonder what OTHER stats these homers are purposely skewing, what OTHER observations they are intentionally leaving out, in order to try and "prove" their homeristic points.

Consider the can of whoop@ss, closed. Go back to your own gold and black havens of homerism. We don't need you coming in here and telling us how great the Saints are and how genius the Saints coaching staff is for making the decisions they did

Originally posted by Brad01

And no, I don't have to check my sources again on how many games Deuce missed due to injury. Those words came straight from his mouth.

i can't believe you guys missed this one!:lol:

:monkey: stats, we have word of mouth!

Wow -- the longest thread on the board is about the Deuciah! (tm- St. Nick@WDZ) Love it.

Yes, it was only preseason, and, of course, its useless to try to read the tea leaves based on what any one person does in any one half.

But, I think the reason that the reason the Banks article was written in the 1st place is that every writer in the country that was going to write about that game had already typed half of it already ---- "Ricky destroys old mates, Fins call him final piece of puzzle etc. etc." Shoot, ESPN keeps reporting that the Fins got ricky for just a 5th round pick!

So, I imagine it was a bit surprising/newsworthy that Deuce had a better (preseason, meaningless) game than Ricky.

And, even though its preseason, I think the Saints have reason to be happy with what they've seen in Deuce, for the reasons Banks pointed out. [Admit it, if the Dolphins had put together a scroing drive where Ricky had 35 of the 40 yards, there would be plenty of commentary about what a workhorse he is, blah blah blah]

For the fins, who cares - there's three years of NFL film on Ricky, both good and bad. He's no mystery.

Hopefully, both deuce and ricky will jet for 1500+, and everybody's happy.

PS -- Coach, have you forsaken us at WDZ?
:confused:

I don't think it was as unexpected that Deuce would do better than Ricky as you think it was. I personally expected it, and with the OL performing the way it was, and the game Ricky had against the Bucs a mere 3 days before the game, with no practice time, and with all three of the "iron triangle" of the middle of the 4-3 defense missing in action...I damn well expected Deuce to have a good day, and was somewhat "pleasantly" surprised that he only had 11 carries for 42 yards. That 17 yard catch I'll still call bogus to the day I die because lets face it if Zach Thomas is in that game, or even Tommy Hendricks, they wouldn't have been out of position on that play. Uncoverable? Nobody was covering him!

Ricky on the other hand I honestly don't think he's going to start the season as well as he finishes it. I think he's gonna be right around 3 ypc for a game or two until the OL starts to gel together a little better. But Dixon to LT is definitely an improvement in the rush blocking overall.

Ahhh!!!! The RW vs. Dulymus debate spills over!!!!!!!
Here come good ol' 47 to set the record straight!!!!

There are a lot of Saints fans in love with... ok... nope, let me start again...

There is great animosity towards RW because he said he didn't think New Orleans
was a good place to live... because of that, whatever good he did is overlooked,
whatever bad he did is blown out of proportion...

There are also tremendous expectations for Dulymus not only because he was a pre
tty good college player (which he was), but because he was drafted by Randy Muel
ler.
For some Saints fans, Randy Mueller is the End-All Be-All of NFL GM's... if you
were to go to a Saints forum (especially saintsreport.com) and ask about Randy M
ueller, the answers you get, you'd think you'd asked about Jesus. And it all boi
ls down to the playoff win, drafting Darren Howard, and a couple of FA signings
back in 2000, namely Joe Horn, Aaron Brooks, and Norman Hand.

For some Saints fans, everything Mueller did was a stroke of genius. No matter h
ow bad things got , like say, the 2001 season, Mueller (and Haslett for that ma
tter) were alway beyond reproach, and the problems the team went through in 2001
were always attributed to (and still are attributed to) the "leftover Ditka pla
yers", namely RW and William Roaf.

It didnt matter that Darren Howard was brought back down to earth last year, or
that Joe Horn, ( big mouth and all ) has yet to show up for a big game and pads
his stats against the Carolinas, or that Norman Hand lived up to his San Diego r
eputation, and that Aaron Brooks is more of a question than a given, or that the
secondary situation wasn't properly addressed until Dale Carter was brought in
(if you call that "addressing the secondary"),... Mueller brought him in, he's g
ot to be a probowler...

So, McCallister drops in the draft because he got hurt his last 2 seasons in col
lege and NFL GM's think if he gets hurt with the SEC pounding, imagine what can
happen to him with NFL pounding... which to me sounds logical... Mueller picks h
im up, and now he's "the next Marshall Faulk"... Now, whether McCallister is goi
ng to take or not the NFL pounding, that's obviously to be seen...
I don't have absolutely nothing against McCallister, and as long as he's the Sai
nts RB, I wish he'd turn out to be the best ever, but I am not blinded by the Mu
eller aura....

Ask any of the Mueller faithful why is it that RW started all of last season whi
le Dulymus rode the pine, and you'd get the following excuses:
a.- managament wanted to showcase RW for a trade and they didn't want to diminis
h his value by him not starting. Excuse me?
b.- Why chance an injury to McCallister in games that mean nothing.. like the Ta
mpa game where had they won they would've cliched a playoff berth???
c.- Dulymus missed 8 days in training camp, so he could not possibly learn all o
f the plays... yeah.... well, if he's the "homerun hitter" that he is, and it's
all pure abilty, why does that matter?

Again, I don't have anything against McCallister, and he does seem to have a lot
of talent; I didn't see much of him at college, so I cannot give a fair assessm
ent of his abilities, but to already talk NFC South Chmapionship based on McCall
ister's performance against an expansion team and a Miami team that played 2 gam
es in 3 days, it's taking it a little too far...

... and to call that N.O.-Miami game a "battle between RW and Deuce" or even a "
measuring stick" is just as inane.

But homerism is homerism.... it just happens, I am not a homer... but then agai
n, I am not very well liked over at my forum :D

... this was much longer than I intended it to be...

hey 47....if they don't like you there....come here more often....I always enjoy your posts......even to the point that when I see you have posted, it's usually the first one I read.

Back
Top Bottom