Everyone is fawning over Deuce McAllister after our game with him...(merged) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Everyone is fawning over Deuce McAllister after our game with him...(merged)

I'm still not sure Deuce will stay away from the training room for injuries...however I like his chances of having a 1000 yard season if he does keep away.

Ricky's season stats are a wildcard...but I think the move of Mark Dixon to LT has seriously upgraded those stats. Dixon is use to facing 300 lbs DTs and having to move them. He moves to LT and all the sudden he says he feels like he got his "explosion" back. He says he feels like his old self again, the pro bowler at LG whose technique is called one of the best in the NFL...

Was it a miraculous recovery? Did like 3 days off REALLY help him that much? I have a better exlpanation...

At LT he's not facing 300lbs DTs that are all force and power. He's facing 260 (actually more like 240lbs considering OUR DEs) DEs, and 230 lbs linebackers who are all speed. Of course he's gonna feel like he has his explosion back. Compared to the DTs they are easy to move if you get your hands on them, and now Dixon gets to use the two biggest parts of his game to their fullest extent....speed and technique...and not only that but now he's got a power advantage where before he did not.

parrothead, why is it that you feel Deuce is injury-prone?

Surely you don't take the word of Len Passthejelly and Peter "My Magazine is finished" King as the final authority?

Do like I did when these comments first came about. Visit the Ole Piss website, search under Google for Deuce McAllister. I found that he did indeed only miss 1 game due to injury. He missed the first few games in his Freshman season because he was a true freshman and the coach just didn't play him until the fans started calling for him.

I will admit that I feel that SEC football is the best there is...

I saw a lot of Deuce when he played, but he wasn't even the best RB in the SEC at the time. Kevin Faulk was, but Deuce was definitely one of the best in the College Game.

I really like Ricky, maybe more than Deuce, but I have no doubts that Deuce will more than adequately fill the void created by Ricky's departure. Plus, we won'y have to watch the offense match up on 8 man fronts anymore... ;)

Dude, Deuce graduated at least 2 years after Faulk.

Why Bash Deuce??

Why yall have to hate on Deuce?? I mean, even though I'm a saintsfan I still hope Ricky does well for yall (I hope he does really well ;) .) So if saintsfans hope ricky does well, why can't yall atleast not bash Deuce only for the fact that the Saints traded Ricky so he could get the chance play. I'm wondering what's wrong with the Saints actually helping them in the long run as well as Miami in the trade. (All I hear is "they made a big mistake." or "The Saints are stupid for trading ricky because he's twice the back as Deuce" Why can't we just both be happy that most likely the trade worked out for the both of us. (BTW, Charles Grant is a stud :D ) Yall got a great back (I was a huge Ricky fan and I still am) And we now have a great rookie DE and maybe a star in Deuce. So the big question is, Why can't we all just get along??
clear.gif
:goof:

BTW, This is my first post on this board

SEC ROCKS!!!

I have no doubt that DUECE will be a STUD!! I saw alot of him at OLE MISS and he impressed me BIG TIME!! I think he will have a BIG year!! SO WILL RICKY THOUGH!!! THE SEC RULES!!!!

Ugh. Next time you suggest that I'm bashing Deuce, why don't you actually try and READ my comments on the matter. And I do assume I'm included in "ya'll" since I'M the one that started the thread that attracted all the black and gold to this message board.

I'm not even gonna dignify this question with a proper response about how I didn't actually BASH Deuce. Go back and read for yourself.

What they were referring to was the fact that Deuce could never stop having those nagging injuries, which in the NFL turn into nagging injuries that keep you out of games. He may have only technically missed 1 game, but he came out of a bunch of games, and was limited in yet more games. Just cuz the guy didn't have a blown ACL in college it doesn't mean there's no injury questions about him. Its just not a good sign when your runningback couldn't even stay healthy against college tackling. I will let the NFL pounding speak for itself once the season begins.

This has been fun, but I wonder if the basic premise is wrong. Did Haslett really dump Rocky because he didn't "fit" into the offense? I mean does a coach really trade away a back that produces like Ricky for an unroven one because of the style of offense?

I think it was something else entirely. Haslett and Ricky didn't get along. Ricky was not Ditka's guy and Haslett wanted his own guy.

The rest of the stuff about style of offense is just blowing smoke. Saint fans are basically praying that Haslett's coaching is better than Ricky's running. The reason that so many guys jumped on the Duece bandwagon is so much depends on Deuce proving that Haslett is right. Not just this year, but for years to come.

Maybe he is. But if I were a Saint's fan, I would be a little worried and as CK has repeatedly said, a 3.8 yard average against some guys who will be bagging groceries in a couple weeks is nothing to hang one's hat on. We'll see.

Actually, PhinKev,

Yes, you do change personnel to fit your style of offense. Now, I agree with you that Haslett and RW didn't see eye to eye. Then again, RW didn't see eye to eye with most of the personnel and coaches here in N.O. Whether who's actually at fault for that is debateable, and it is irrelevant to this thread, but I think that it had something to do with trading RW as well.

I have watched every game RW has played since being drafted in 1999, and he is not a game breaker in the sense of being able to score from anywhere on the field. What I mean by that is, there were MANY times that he had chances to break a long run for a TD and was stopped after a 10 or 15 yard gain. Now, I'll take a 10 or 15 yard gain anyday on a run, but I think the point of the Saints is that he should have went longer, and many times all the way for a score. RW has many good qualities as a running back,i.e. strength, blocking, good hands out of the backfield, however, you can't split him out wide and expect him to get open as often as a slashing-type runner like Deuce. Now, Deuce isn't going to barrel over people like RW, but he has the ability to turn the corner on a pitch, where RW just lacked the initial burst to get to the outside. They are two COMPLETELY different type of running backs. The Saints wanted to go with a more open-air passing game which fits Deuce's style better than a pounding, four yards and a cloud of dust-type runner like RW. He will fit your offense great. (I hope the Fins OL can hold their blocks) You guys have a great coach with Wanny and Norv, and I'll be rooting for the Fins, not just because of the potential draft pick, but I have always like the Dolphins and Dan the Man.

Whether or not Deuce will be effective in the Saints "new" offense
is mere speculation at this point, but take it from someone who covers the Saints, from what I have seen at this point, he SHOULD have monster year. If he doesn't, then obviously, Haslett has made a mistake somewhere, whether it be coaching and/or personnel decisions. BTW, if your second string defense will be bagging groceries next week, the Fins will be in big trouble this year.

Originally posted by MLUSaint
Your point is what?

My point is that Deuce was maybe a Sophomore when Faulk was a Senior, meaning that Faulk was a much more experienced back. There are not many Soph RB's who are better than All-American Seniors.

Back
Top Bottom