EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread. | Page 46 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread.

he needs to pull the trigger more I agree. That one throw that fitz made to gesicki over the defender in the second level that’s called living dangerously and it catches up with you so I’m not necessarily saying that but he needs to trust his guys to be where they should be and see it like he does leverage wise etc and execute.

kinda feels like he’s not quite trusting them. For better or worse end result

can't blame him.

I never liked Fitz, smart guy but dumb QB, always throwing the boneheaded pick. But anyway, I will still stick with that Tua must play so he's ready for the speed of the season next year. I didn't actually mind all that much that Fitz came in because Tua just had nothing and the Oline was getting him killed. Tua was off Sunday, it's just that simple. It's how he plays form here on out. He's a rookie Qb no matter how much success he had in college, some people refuse to realize this. Posters here were screaming for him like he was gonna come in and have Marino's 1984 season.
That’s fair. I don’t love Fitz either however I was deathly afraid of a Tyrod Taylor/Brock Osweiler type last season. I’d rather have a gambler than those guys Who will protect it and do nothing. Although if we went with One of them we’d probably be talking about Burrow right now instead hahaha!

This is a funny forum. With that said I have seen worse threads, the poster was just pointing out that Tua is amazing in the red zone and Fitz is good at getting the team down the field, even though it’s unlikely he was just creating banter. We have posters who expect Tua not to make any mistakes or expect this team not too loose any games. Don’t believe me go through threads on this board, it’s only his 4th game and it’s seems his fate has already been sealed. The only game I don’t want us to loose is the Jets game and I rather loose to Denver then to the winless Jets.

Please stop...we are not supposed to attack the poster...but some of you guys are making it real hard.
May be bad idea, but I like how he think outside of the box. Few weeks ago, would you imagine seven defensive players dancing at the line and no down lineman....you say the earth is round, thats crazy!

Biggest disappointment for me was the O-Line. I thought they were improving. Let's hope that was their worst performance of the season. The best init of that Denver Defense was supposed to have been their defensive backs. I wasnt expecting the O-Line to get abused. Not great. Let's hope it's a blip.

That’s fair. I don’t love Fitz either however I was deathly afraid of a Tyrod Taylor/Brock Osweiler type last season. I’d rather have a gambler than those guys Who will protect it and do nothing. Although if we went with One of them we’d probably be talking about Burrow right now instead hahaha!
God no! To either of those scrubs. Those Osweiler games were brutal. Only Gase would pull him out of the hat.

Yeah, I know this sounds crazy, nobody does this. But I think, at this point, Fitz is good to get us going with some first downs, but always struggles in the red zone because he stares down receivers. Tua, with his current limitations. Has shown to be quite good in the red zone, by not making mistakes, fitting balls into tight windows, and being able to look off receivers. I know nobody uses their QBs as “role” players like this, but it seems like an interesting thing to try.
Did you actually come up with this idea on your own??? You need to walk around with a bicycle helmet on for now on.

I'm not sure a lot of younger fans realize how much different the game was then.

WRs had to, litterally, fight their way downfield.

Going over the middle on a regular basis was a concussion waiting to happen.

Even when the QB got rid of the ball on time, he was likely getting driven into the turf. Roughing was only called in the event of internal injury (OK that might be an overstatement. Not by far though).

That's just off the top of my head.

Point is, any comparison of eras is tenuous at best.

100%.

This is the quote from Joe Burrow's coach on Tua - "I think he’s one of the best college football players, ever,” Orgeron said. "He changed the way we do things in the SEC, he’s one of them. He’s a pioneer. He has a great family. I remember two years years ago when we played them, my first recollection of his first pass. It was the quickest release I had seen in 35 years of football. now you can practice it, but until you see it, it’s something else."

Tua will be the legend. You don't know how lucky you are to draft him as your qb.

I am a BAMA fan, Tua fan, not a Dolphin fan.
As much as we bemoan them, this forum reflects the mass media when it comes to Tua and this team. In three weeks Tua has gone from a bust, to the saviour, to a bust. We swing with the breeze, it's exhausting. Watch him throw 3 TD's vs the Jets and again be anointed a god that walks on water. I wish we could just accept he's a young and seriously talented rookie thats going to go through some growing pains in his rookie season.

Why is this being beat to death? He sucked ass Sunday. There's absolutely NO way to dispute that. If you're claiming he's a bust you're an idiot, if you're defending him like it didn't happen you're an idiot.
I'm more interested to see how this kid responds. If he's got the stones we'll know on his next start. It's silly to judge his career on this one game.

Eh, maybe. Problem is Flores said it was performance based, so I will take him at his word. I think the hit in question was just a good opportunity to make the change. I certainly don’t want Tua injured, but I hate that they pulled him. Sometimes you need to eat some humble pie and overcome adversity. They are coddling him to much. Leave him in and let him learn, and can we please actually let the kid sling it? IF he fails, we’ve got draft ammo. If he succeeds, we’ve got our QB.
It WAS performance based. The O LINES performance. Which even stevie wonder could tell was awful with his back to the tv and the sound off!!

Flo didnt lie. You fellas aint lawyers or business men i take it. Ya gotta look at the language and all it can or could or does mean.

Back
Top Bottom