EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread. | Page 75 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

EVERYTHING Tua from this week super thread.

Okay and? He’s a rookie. He has to make mistakes to learn from them. He didn’t even have that bad of a game compared to some other rookies who throws 2-3 picks and look completely lost out there. Tua drove the team down the field right before the half then had a bad possession the first drive of third quarter and got pulled.

I don’t understand some of you. rookies make mistakes. Fitz makes mistakes and he’s been playing for 16 years.
Exactly, the same fans who want to bench Tua are the same ones who praise Fitz and think he’ll take us to the promised land.
It’s the same “fans” on this site whether it be the haters or the “middle ground” fans who flip flop on the kid. It’s the reason why I hardly come on here as much.

Exactly, the same fans who want to bench Tua are the same ones who praise Fitz and think he’ll take us to the promised land.

it’s not even that. I just don’t get how people don’t understand how rookies need to make mistakes. It’s almost like a puppy. They are gonna mess up constantly but you have to give them structure and corrections to stop the mistakes.

And just for good measure here is the chargers starting oline:

Tevi - 4 years
Lamp - 4 years
Feeney - 4 years
Turner - 7 years
Bulaga - 11 years

They have a minimum of 4 years experience and turner and bulaga have 7+

now let’s look at ours

Jackson - rookie
Flowers - 4 years
Karras - 5 years
Davis - 7 years
Hunt - rookie

And literally none of these oline have played together. It’s a brand new offensive line.

Tua is holding the ball too long but it’s also not just that.

Want everyone to be reminded of something here.

2003 Brett Favre:

Brett Favre has a broken right thumb that’s not serious and shouldn’t prevent him from continuing his NFL record for consecutive starts by a quarterback.

Green Bay Packer Coach Mike Sherman revealed the extent of Favre’s injury Monday.

“He has a hairline crack on his thumb,” Sherman said. “If we had to play this week, he said he could play with it, and hopefully in two weeks when we play it will be better.”

Favre, who has started 197 consecutive games, banged his thumb on a teammate’s shoulder pads on the first play of the game Sunday at St. Louis, but did not come out and didn’t seem affected by it.

Despite Green Bay’s 34-24 loss to the Rams, Favre had one of his best performances in a domed stadium, completing 23 of 32 passes for 268 yards and two touchdowns with one interception.

The following game, Favre passed for 194 yards and three touchdowns and the Green Bay Packers saved their season Sunday night with a 30-27 victory over the Minnesota Vikings.

All with a broken thumb.

So you have one of two possibilities here:

1) Tua is a wimp

or

2) Coach didn’t like what he saw last week vs Denver or this week in practice and is making a QB change and using the injury as a bs excuse to justify it.

And honestly I don’t know where we go from here - does anyone see fitz having a bad game against either the Jets or Bengals? So then you pull fitz for Tua after he lights up both teams?

I’m beginning more and more to think Flores was pressured into playing Tua. If you want the kid to grow and mature and earn the respect of his teammates and locker room, let him play through a sore thumb. I can almost guarantee you Tua with a sore thumb is still having a good game against the 0-10 jets and Ryan Finley’s Bengals. And we win both games.

It’s the same “fans” on this site whether it be the haters or the “middle ground” fans who flip flop on the kid. It’s the reason why I hardly come on here as much.
At this point it’s just laughable, but they have to live with themselves LOL

I don’t think we’re gonna get to see much of Tua this season. Should make things complicated for the draft not knowing if we need a quarterback or not.

I don’t think we’re gonna get to see much of Tua this season. Should make things complicated for the draft not knowing if we need a quarterback or not.
This is very frustrating and disappointing.

Want everyone to be reminded of something here.

2003 Brett Favre:

Brett Favre has a broken right thumb that’s not serious and shouldn’t prevent him from continuing his NFL record for consecutive starts by a quarterback.

Green Bay Packer Coach Mike Sherman revealed the extent of Favre’s injury Monday.

“He has a hairline crack on his thumb,” Sherman said. “If we had to play this week, he said he could play with it, and hopefully in two weeks when we play it will be better.”

Favre, who has started 197 consecutive games, banged his thumb on a teammate’s shoulder pads on the first play of the game Sunday at St. Louis, but did not come out and didn’t seem affected by it.

Despite Green Bay’s 34-24 loss to the Rams, Favre had one of his best performances in a domed stadium, completing 23 of 32 passes for 268 yards and two touchdowns with one interception.

The following game, Favre passed for 194 yards and three touchdowns and the Green Bay Packers saved their season Sunday night with a 30-27 victory over the Minnesota Vikings.

All with a broken thumb.

So you have one of two possibilities here:

1) Tua is a wimp

or

2) Coach didn’t like what he saw last week vs Denver or this week in practice and is making a QB change and using the injury as a bs excuse to justify it.

And honestly I don’t know where we go from here - does anyone see fitz having a bad game against either the Jets or Bengals? So then you pull fitz for Tua after he lights up both teams?

I’m beginning more and more to think Flores was pressured into playing Tua. If you want the kid to grow and mature and earn the respect of his teammates and locker room, let him play through a sore thumb. I can almost guarantee you Tua with a sore thumb is still having a good game against the 0-10 jets and Ryan Finley’s Bengals. And we win both games.
Ridiculous take. Comparing what a seasoned HOFer could do, but not a rookie 4 games in. And Favre was the poster child for giving up his body for the game, unwisely in most cases.

Yep. And it doesn't look like we'll be picking in the top 10 so I don't even think we'll have access to any of the top 4 QBs barring a trade up. Do we like Kyle Trast or Mac Jones better than Tua? Doubtful.
I think Tua will become a Chad Pennington with more mobility worst case scenario. Thats a guy that can win championships with a good team around him.
Tua is our franchise QB. We need our draft capital for weapons, protection and more defensive pieces like Mike LB and Nose Tackle.

i'm sure they have tried.

how did they do?

did they fumble?

did they throw picks?

how well is he able to grip the ball? since you can't know the answer to that question, it isn't "safe to say" you are qualified to offer any insights.
Brett Farve played with a broken thumb on his throwing hand. 3 TD's in a victory over overMinn. Tua is sitting for a jam.

Perspective.

Brett Farve played with a broken thumb on his throwing hand. 3 TD's in a victory over overMinn. Tua is sitting for a jam.

Perspective.
the report today is that it is bruised and swollen.

do YOU want him starting today?

Perspective.

Back
Top Bottom