F the Michael Vick apologists! | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

F the Michael Vick apologists!

Vick apologists are sad. Major blindness. Good luck finding your way.

So then you also think that nobody that commits a crime should be banned or suspended from the NFL?

Would you be ok with someone killing a person, say, in a DUI incident doing his time then, returning to the NFL with no suspension or penalty?

If so, then, I understand but do not agree with your view on the subject. This does not mean I equate dog killing to man killing. Simply the notion that if you have served jail time that pays all your penalties.

He was punished. He has been suspended since August 2007. That suspension cost him the 07 season. He wasn't sentenced until December 07, and went to jail sometime after that (too lazy to look for a date).

And I stated before that I believe that repeat offenders will lose the oppritunity to play in this league, because none of the 32 owners will want to employ them. I know that Vick lived this lifestyle for a long time, but most people who do bad things, don't straighten out until they are caught or hit rock bottom. So I don't yet look at Vick as a repeat offender...

The NFL isn't worried about losing its dog loving fanbase. You won't stop watching if vick is reinstated. And if you do, they will still make plenty of money.

I don't think it gives the players the right message either, starting with banning Vick. Do whatever you want, drinking while driving, beat your wife, but don't kill any dogs bc those crazy peta people will come out in droves and we dont feel like dealing with them.

Do you have any idea how many NFL fans have dogs or have had dogs in their past that made an impression on their lives?

I love NFL football and won't let Vick and Roger Goddell ruin it for me and I'm sure most dog-loving NFL fans won't either but who why should Vick get another chance at the league after what he did and at the cost of upsetting so many fans?

You know the expression "the customer is always right"?

Well, I'm right and Vick should remain out of the league.

Nobody is honest when it makes them look bad lol.

I've never heard one hunter say they didn't enjoy hunting. Difference is they take no pleasure in the suffering of the animal they kill. I have never heard one hunter with the ethic of enjoying the suffering of an animal. Every species has developed tools for survival in our environment. We lucked out and got opposable thumbs. Deer got some gifts that we didn't.

There is no possible corrolation between somone that breeds, tortures, and, fights an animal, and, someone who humanely harvests an animal.

Most people already know how I feel about Michael Vick and what he did so I won't bother repeating most of my normal talking points.

My belief is that Vick should now have to live life like the rest of us. Work a 9:00-5:00 job with a fair salary. Which is what he'll be doing when he goes to work for a construction company in Virginia upon release from prison. Vick had everything and he completely blew it. I think greatest example to deter others from engaging in dogfighting is to make an example out of Vick. Blackball him from the NFL, don't let him in. Send the message to others that if you engage in this gruesome activity the punishment will be extremely harsh and your privelages of playing in the NFL will be gone forever.

Vick had fame, fortune, and the love and adoration of the entire city of Atlanta. When you throw all of that away, do you really deserve a second chance at NFL glory? Do you really? Because I don't. It's time for Michael to live like the rest of society and just try to live out the rest of his days as a productive member to society.

DUI is tricky though b/c of the risk to the community. I live in Miami. How do you think I would feel about the NFL if one of my loved ones gets killed by JD Quinn drunk driving again? Quinn is a two-time DUI loser who Tuna & Co. just signed for G/C depth. Is Tuna, or the NFL for that matter, thinking of my safety here on the streets of Miami?

It's not easy to set policy and sometimes, it might have to be on a case-by-case basis but I think we have some "cases" that pretty clearly should've been or should be LIFETIME BANS: Little, Phillps, Pacman, Vick.

Oh, and OJ Simpson should be removed from the HOF imo.

I dont think any of those players should get a lifetime ban.
As for OJ why should he get removed. Because you believe he killed someone. He was cleared so really we have no right.

I have no problem with a murderer getting a lifetime ban but none of these guys has committed this as far as we know.

If you want to say Little has committed murder then evry DUI should be attempted murder.

I just dont get why some people think that NFL players are the cream of societies crop. Did any of you play high school football or college. Some of the best people play football and many of the worst. All athletes are not what the appear to be in commericials. Vick before he was busted was seen as a pillar to many.

The NFL isn't worried about losing its dog loving fanbase. You won't stop watching if vick is reinstated. And if you do, they will still make plenty of money.

I don't think it gives the players the right message either, starting with banning Vick. Do whatever you want, drinking while driving, beat your wife, but don't kill any dogs bc those crazy peta people will come out in droves and we dont feel like dealing with them.

P.S. As for the "message" - I agree with you that the multi-time wife beaters and multi-time DUI offenders need to start getting the boot too (not just Vick).

Roger Goddell could comeout with a lifetime ban for Vick, Pacman and Little on the same day and revoke OJ Simpson's HOF membership. That would send the right message! One hell of a message!

Do you have any idea how many NFL fans have dogs or have had dogs in their past that made an impression on their lives?

I love NFL football and won't let Vick and Roger Goddell ruin it for me and I'm sure most dog-loving NFL fans won't either but who why should Vick get another chance at the league after what he did and at the cost of upsetting so many fans?

You know the expression "the customer is always right"?

Well, I'm right and Vick should remain out of the league.

I didn't know we can declare ourselves right :lol:....I would have done it 5 pages ago.

Bottom line.....you WON'T stop watching. So, I dont know how you are "right". If anything, you are wrong for continuing to watch when its something you believe so much in.

He was punished. He has been suspended since August 2007. That suspension cost him the 07 season. He wasn't sentenced until December 07, and went to jail sometime after that (too lazy to look for a date).

And I stated before that I believe that repeat offenders will lose the oppritunity to play in this league, because none of the 32 owners will want to employ them. I know that Vick lived this lifestyle for a long time, but most people who do bad things, don't straighten out until they are caught or hit rock bottom. So I don't yet look at Vick as a repeat offender...

Right; he was punished, he served and now he can go back into normal society and find a blue collar job just like every other ex-con.

It's only the NFL opportunity that he should NEVER have again.

He was suspended because of the charges pending. Just because he served some suspension time, doesn't mean he can't or shouldn't serve more.

So, if a DUI offender, or, Vick repeats the offense, he then should not be reinstated? Why? Why is it ok for them to do something most of us know is wrong (And they know it's wrong too) once, but not twice? Why not three times? The NFL is an employer....And a dang good one. They have the right to deny employment to whomever they choose, just like any other employer.

Right now, if Vick is brought back in, he will hold the distinction as the player that leads the NFL in jail time served. He is the MVF (Most valueable felon) in that sense, so, he is a unique case, that in my mind deserves unique post-prison punishment.

Right; he was punished, he served and now he can go back into normal society and find a blue collar job just like every other ex-con.

It's only the NFL opportunity that he should NEVER have again.

Don't forget...There's always the CFL or Arena Leauge. IT's not like he can't play pro ball again.

I know - can you even imagine how the widower of that lady who Leonard Little killed in a 2nd DUI offense feels when he turns on the TV, or goes to a game (I doubt he does) and hears people cheering for Little b/c he got a sack?

Well, Leonard Little served whatever punishment the court deemed and so I guess by this logic it's ok that the NFL gives him a stage to be cheered on.

That's what I'm talking about here. The NFL isn't just a normal job. It's a celebrity status.

...but he would feel just fine if he saw him working at McDonalds?? Pretty sure he'd find it unpleasent where ever he saw him.

want a silver-lining for Vick getting reinstated....people such as yourself who don't like the man will be able to go to games and scream anything you want at him, 'dog-killer' all that stuff...and he'll have to sit there on the sideline and take it. What other job could he have where people would get to admonish him like that????

P.S. As for the "message" - I agree with you that the multi-time wife beaters and multi-time DUI offenders need to start getting the boot too (not just Vick).

Roger Goddell could comeout with a lifetime ban for Vick, Pacman and Little on the same day and revoke OJ Simpson's HOF membership. That would send the right message! One hell of a message!

Once again I will say.....where is your thread on those other players? Nothing huh?

I've never heard one hunter say they didn't enjoy hunting. Difference is they take no pleasure in the suffering of the animal they kill. I have never heard one hunter with the ethic of enjoying the suffering of an animal. Every species has developed tools for survival in our environment. We lucked out and got opposable thumbs. Deer got some gifts that we didn't.

There is no possible corrolation between somone that breeds, tortures, and, fights an animal, and, someone who humanely harvests an animal.

That the way you see it. There is a mentality to both that they are just animals and they are there for whatever use we choose. Killing an animal for enjoyment is wrong in any way to me whether you do it quickly or slowly. I mean was the recent sniper any less of a killer than Jeffrey Dhmer or was he a better person because he did it swiftly. They both were psychopaths and took pleasure from killing. One could argue in a dog fight at least a dog has an opportunity to survive if he wins unlike the deer in the scope. Both are equally repugnent to me.

I didn't know we can declare ourselves right :lol:....I would have done it 5 pages ago.

Bottom line.....you WON'T stop watching. So, I dont know how you are "right". If anything, you are wrong for continuing to watch when its something you believe so much in.

Obviously, this is something I care deeply for (I just happen to have always grown up with awesome dogs and have two amazing dogs now) and I really am struggling with supporting a potential NFL-with-Vick-back.

I'll say this; I will root against whichever team/city signs this piece of sh*t (if he is let back in) like they were the Jets x 10.

I'll be rooting that he gets injured on every play. If it was our Phins that signed him, I'd stop rooting for and supporting financially this franchise until he were gone and maybe even until there was a regime/ownership change (and I'm a life long Phin fan and Miami native).

Whether you agree with me or not, can you see how no dog-loving NFL fans deserve this for Mike Vick's sake?

Nobody is saying he can't go and find some normal job and move on with his life. We're just saying he doesn't deserve another chance at NFL stardom.

Back
Top Bottom