F the Michael Vick apologists! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

F the Michael Vick apologists!

Don't forget...There's always the CFL or Arena Leauge. IT's not like he can't play pro ball again.

So they have less moral character in these leagues. If you feel he should not ever be allowed to work anywhere thats fine but just dont see how the NFL is such a special place where only the cream of society play.

Obviously, this is something I care deeply for (I just happen to have always grown up with awesome dogs and have two amazing dogs now) and I really am struggling with supporting a potential NFL-with-Vick-back.

I'll say this; I will root against whichever team/city signs this piece of sh*t (if he is let back in) like they were the Jets x 10.

I'll be rooting that he gets injured on every play. If it was our Phins that signed him, I'd stop rooting for and supporting financially this franchise until he were gone and maybe even until there was a regime/ownership change (and I'm a life long Phin fan and Miami native).

Whether you agree with me or not, can you see how no dog-loving NFL fans deserve this for Mike Vick's sake?

Nobody is saying he can't go and find some normal job and move on with his life. We're just saying he doesn't deserve another chance at NFL stardom.

again why is the NFL so sacred. if you believe he should be able to work at Hardees I dont see it any differant as being able to work in the NFL.

Here is the differance . People want Vick to always suffer for what he has done and thats fine in your mind.Some people feel like if he has to struggle to earn a living he will continue to pay. I just wish people were as passionate about other people that commit crimes as they are about Vick.

He was suspended because of the charges pending. Just because he served some suspension time, doesn't mean he can't or shouldn't serve more.

So, if a DUI offender, or, Vick repeats the offense, he then should not be reinstated? Why? Why is it ok for them to do something most of us know is wrong (And they know it's wrong too) once, but not twice? Why not three times? The NFL is an employer....And a dang good one. They have the right to deny employment to whomever they choose, just like any other employer.

Right now, if Vick is brought back in, he will hold the distinction as the player that leads the NFL in jail time served. He is the MVF (Most valueable felon) in that sense, so, he is a unique case, that in my mind deserves unique post-prison punishment.

you asked me if he, or other violators should be reinstated without penalty....I just wanted to point out that he already has been punished. He's been out of the game for 2 years.....IMO I would let him back in.

And yes, I think repeat offenders should be treated differently. Second chances should be given in most cases....3rd and 4th chance should be harder to come by...not just in the NFL, but in general. I think that there is a good percentage of the population who has done something that they know is wrong in their life....and I would venture that a good percentage of them continued the practice that they knew was wrong, until there was some concequece to it. At that point, I think some cease the activity, and learn from the experience. The ones who don't....how many times will it take? So you start to wonder if they are worth another chance....

That the way you see it. There is a mentality to both that they are just animals and they are there for whatever use we choose. Killing an animal for enjoyment is wrong in any way to me whether you do it quickly or slowly. I mean was the recent sniper any less of a killer than Jeffrey Dhmer or was he a better person because he did it swiftly. They both were psychopaths and took pleasure from killing. One could argue in a dog fight at least a dog has an opportunity to survive if he wins unlike the deer in the scope. Both are equally repugnent to me.

Your corrolation with the dog and deer is completely wrong. The dog is bred from birth and held in captivity for the sole purpose of fighting. When they are fought, if you can tell me without a doubt, unequivicably, they have a chance to run away...Then, I can come along with you. We both know they don't.

A deer may not even be found. They have every natural advantage. Thier senses, or at least some of them are far superior to man's. A hunter may literally walk right past a deer and not even see them. The deer at least has SOME chance. The dog has NO chance. Plus, the hunter may be useing a bow...In that case the deer even has MORE of a chance. SOME chance is better than NO chance.

I would say that the sniper was less of sociopath than Dahmer, yes. Shooting someone is terrible and, wrong (provided they aren't trying to kill you or somone else) but Dahmer killed them just as much, and also did even more horrific things to his victims. Notice....Who got judged by the dregs of society as being incapable of retaining his existance? It wasn't Malvo and partner...It was Dahmer.

I can come along with you to a certain degree on the wrongness of killing animals for enjoyment. That's why I don't hunt. I could relate the story of why I don't, but, that's a space waster at this point. To me, however there are degrees, and, the suffering of animals for no other reason, other than your own visceral thrill is absolutely abhorrent, and, I would never associate or employ somone who did it.

Obviously, this is something I care deeply for (I just happen to have always grown up with awesome dogs and have two amazing dogs now) and I really am struggling with supporting a potential NFL-with-Vick-back.

I'll say this; I will root against whichever team/city signs this piece of sh*t (if he is let back in) like they were the Jets x 10.

I'll be rooting that he gets injured on every play. If it was our Phins that signed him, I'd stop rooting for and supporting financially this franchise until he were gone and maybe even until there was a regime/ownership change (and I'm a life long Phin fan and Miami native).

Whether you agree with me or not, can you see how no dog-loving NFL fans deserve this for Mike Vick's sake?

Nobody is saying he can't go and find some normal job and move on with his life. We're just saying he doesn't deserve another chance at NFL stardom.

I'm sure he will have a lot of people rooting against him. Doesn't mean he shouldn't get another chance after serving his time, just because THIS is something YOU really believe in. And again, make a real stand and stop supporting the nfl all together if you feel like that. The nfl won't lose money if you support another team.....the only team that will be effected is the team with vick. They make enough back from the people supporting him.

Really, I can't see any other team signing him. Its a PR nightmare ....however the guy has a right to try to approach a team and explain himself and show how he has changed.

you asked me if he, or other violators should be reinstated without penalty....I just wanted to point out that he already has been punished. He's been out of the game for 2 years.....IMO I would let him back in.

And yes, I think repeat offenders should be treated differently. Second chances should be given in most cases....3rd and 4th chance should be harder to come by...not just in the NFL, but in general. I think that there is a good percentage of the population who has done something that they know is wrong in their life....and I would venture that a good percentage of them continued the practice that they knew was wrong, until there was some concequece to it. At that point, I think some cease the activity, and learn from the experience. The ones who don't....how many times will it take? So you start to wonder if they are worth another chance....

Fair enough. I just wanted to find out where your moral line on the subject was. Now.....Would you employ Vick at your business if you had one? I wouldn't. If I found out one of my employees was a dogfighter, I would never again write a paycheck out to him again. Never.

Fair enough. I just wanted to find out where your moral line on the subject was. Now.....Would you employ Vick at your business if you had one? I wouldn't. If I found out one of my employees was a dogfighter, I would never again write a paycheck out to him again. Never.

No, I wouldn't employ him....but I wouldn't stop others from giving him employment.

So they have less moral character in these leagues. If you feel he should not ever be allowed to work anywhere thats fine but just dont see how the NFL is such a special place where only the cream of society play.

I believe he should be allowed to seek employment everywhere. I hope he is denied that employment with an employer who's product I consume. I don't consume Arena Leauge or CFL, so, I'm fine with him working there.

I'm sure he will have a lot of people rooting against him. Doesn't mean he shouldn't get another chance after serving his time, just because THIS is something YOU really believe in. And again, make a real stand and stop supporting the nfl all together if you feel like that. The nfl won't lose money if you support another team.....the only team that will be effected is the team with vick. They make enough back from the people supporting him.

Really, I can't see any other team signing him. Its a PR nightmare ....however the guy has a right to try to approach a team and explain himself and show how he has changed.

I think he will be reinstated and a team will sign him. Teams are already doing research on him. This is the business of being the best football teams possibly and that is the number one order of business. Some owners will shy away but at some point someone will step up because
obviously they see potential for a football player. We all love to believe the myth that most players on our team are great guys when we really have no clue what they do on thier own.

No, I wouldn't employ him....but I wouldn't stop others from giving him employment.

Fair enough. Would you also support the right of other employers to deny him employment? It's good enough for you, after all...Isn't it good enough for everyone? What makes you so special?

I think he will be reinstated and a team will sign him. Teams are already doing research on him. This is the business of being the best football teams possibly and that is the number one order of business. Some owners will shy away but at some point someone will step up because
obviously they see potential for a football player. We all love to believe the myth that most players on our team are great guys when we really have no clue what they do on thier own.

Agree. He will be signed by someone if he is re-instated...Which I believe he will be.

I think the # of teams will be lower than you are expecting. The 49ers owner came out the next day denying things after Singletary mentioned they would look at him if he came back. But I do see him coming back somewhere. My guess is Al Davis...he doesn't care what anyone has to say.

I think the # of teams will be lower than you are expecting. The 49ers owner came out the next day denying things after Singletary mentioned they would look at him if he came back. But I do see him coming back somewhere. My guess is Al Davis...he doesn't care what anyone has to say.

:lol: Maybe that can be Vick's punishment...You can play in the NFL, but only with the Raiders.

Would I hire Michael Vick? I would do a due backgroundcheck, possibly a psyhcological evluation and speak to his parole people. I would interview him and make my own decision with other viewpoints. I would have some bias based on hating what he did , but maybe he could convince me that he was worth giving a second chance.

The differance is there are 32 owners and all do not feel the same about dogfighting and what his punishment was.

Joey Porter is quite fine with letting Vick back into the league so maybe a few owners think the same way. Im pretty sure overall the majority of NFL players have no problem with Mike Vick coming back,

I believe he should be allowed to seek employment everywhere. I hope he is denied that employment with an employer who's product I consume. I don't consume Arena Leauge or CFL, so, I'm fine with him working there.

If I thought he was one of the best in the entire world and what I was going to employ him for....I would consider it....can't say that's an easy decision.

...and I won't feel bad for Vick at all if he is reinstated and all 32 teams pass on him....I just would prefer he wasn't banned by the commissioner.

Back
Top Bottom