Falcons' Vick Raises Suspicion At Airport (Merged 3x) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Falcons' Vick Raises Suspicion At Airport (Merged 3x)

If I was doing that job I'd look the other way. In a world where people are trying to blow **** up, you think it's sensible to ruin people's lives/careers because of a small personal stash? The reports even saids residue. Now, if that was TNT residue, burn the guy at the stake, if it was bud, which even one who has never smoked marijuana before can detect via odor, throw the bottle away and move on.

I don't even like or care about Mike Vick one way or the other. It's just silly.

Im the first one to admit that the marijuana laws on the books in the US are pure horse****, but they are on the books, and you have to at least be sensible with these things... Dont try to go inspector gadget on an airplane with the stuff... That is just asking for it..

I dont fault Vick for being a stoner, I fault him for being an IDIOT! Idiots have it coming to them...

Im the first one to admit that the marijuana laws on the books in the US are pure horse****, but they are on the books, and you have to at least be sensible with these things... Dont try to go inspector gadget on an airplane with the stuff... That is just asking for it..

I dont fault Vick for being a stoner, I fault him for being an IDIOT! Idiots have it coming to them...

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: Dude, you are one funny SOB.

Um, there WAS something in it right? That means her suspicion was VALID! That is exactly why they have the right to search people and things for being suspicious..
And what exactly does the prospect of finding some already trash canned water bottle with "compartments" do for safety? Nothing, lol. You go for what would harm the people on the plane, not for what would harm the individual after the flight. In doing your job, who cares if his intentions are to get off the plane and blow? I'm guessing she also noticed that big platinum chain he's got. :rolleyes2

Because most of the time, when people act suspicious, its because they have something to hide...
Not true. Think of it from the other side of the skin without turning this into a racial discussion. Black dude.. young guy.. rich.. jewelry.. urban clothing.. braids, etc. You almost get that feeling BEFORE you reach the check up that, "damn, I'm about to get searched and checked down more in depth than the guy in front of me" - and that's the honest truth coming from soneone who goes through the same. The only thing for me is, I don't care. Maybe Vick is like me, in the sence that he doesn't like to be touched by other men, at all.

There are tons of things that can make people look suspicious, without actually hiding anything. Like I said though, maybe the bottle doesn't even get noticed with Peyton Manning? Maybe.

The real question is: Why is Vick flying on a bargain airline like Airtran? If you want to transport weed at least pony up and charter a jet!

The real question is: Why is Vick flying on a bargain airline like Airtran? If you want to transport weed at least pony up and charter a jet!

That's the fishy part of this whole thing.

Why the HELL would a multi-millionaire take such a risk to carry something like that on flight? He could get some weed in Miami without the risk......it just doesn't make sense to me, unless he was already high in the process. :lol:

I mean, is the weed in Atlanta THAT much better? So much better that an NFL QB signed to a $130 million deal would go through that much just to have it out've town? These are things the article fails to, but needs to include. Because ****, honestly, I wouldn't mind the answer to that question myself.

If I was doing that job I'd look the other way. In a world where people are trying to blow **** up, you think it's sensible to ruin people's lives/careers because of a small personal stash? The reports even saids residue. Now, if that was TNT residue, burn the guy at the stake, if it was bud, which even one who has never smoked marijuana before can detect via odor, throw the bottle away and move on.

I don't even like or care about Mike Vick one way or the other. It's just silly.

then you wouldnt be doing your job would you? You certainly wouldnt be doing it very long after the security cameras showed you finding a bottle with a secret compartment and then failing to report it.

Vick is the only one at fault here, and deserves whatever punishment he gets. If not for breaking the law, then certainly for being a total idiot.

You can disagree with the laws against the use of marijuana, but you can't fault those people whose jobs require them to inforce those laws.

And what exactly does the prospect of finding some garbaged ganja do for the country? Nothing. You go for what would harm the people on the plane, not for what would harm the individual after the flight. In doing your job, who cares if his intentions are to get off the plane and blow? I'm guessing she also noticed that big platinum chain he's got. :rolleyes2

Not true. Think of it from the other side of the skin without turning this into a racial discussion. Black dude.. young guy.. rich.. jewelry.. urban clothing.. braids, etc. You almost get that feeling BEFORE you reach the check up that, "damn, I'm about to get searched and checked down more in depth than the guy in front of me" - and that's the honest truth coming from soneone who goes through the same. The only thing for me is, I don't care. Maybe Vick is like me, in the sence that he doesn't like to be touched by other men, at all.

There are tons of things that can make people look suspicious, without actually hiding anything. Like I said though, maybe the bottle doesn't even get noticed with Peyton Manning? Maybe.

Probably the biggest stoner in the world is an old white guy from the stix...

willynelson1-1.jpg

Theyd probably search his bottle too if he was a tad bit possessive over it for seemingly no reason...

What you detail is not a RACE thing, its an IMAGE thing.. If Barack Obama walks through the airport with a water bottle, do you think they are going to be suspicious that he might be toking? If Vick doesnt want to be looked upon as being a suspected stoner, dont wear the chains and all the trappings of a rapstar.. Its asking for trouble...

Often, what people suspect as racial profiling, is often age profiling and image profiling.. Young people tend to be more prone to "deviant" behavior.. That is undisputed.. So, if you are young, rich, and protray yourself in an image known for indulging in certain forms of narcotics, dont be surprised when "The Man" looks at you just a bit longer then everyone else..

Vick is the only one at fault here, and deserves whatever punishment he gets. If not for breaking the law, then certainly for being a total idiot.

If he should be punished for being a total idiot, then the league or whoever is punishing him needs to find every player who smokes CIGS and punish the hell out've them.

That's the fishy part of this whole thing.

Why the HELL would a multi-millionaire take such a risk to carry something like that on flight? He could get some weed in Miami without the risk......it just doesn't make sense to me, unless he was already high in the process. :lol:

I mean, is the weed in Atlanta THAT much better? So much better that an NFL QB signed to a $130 million deal would go through that much just to have it out've town? These are things the article fails to, but needs to include. Because ****, honestly, I wouldn't mind the answer to that question myself.
Miami and California are the two places in the US known for their weed, so no, I don't think the weed in ATL is that much better. Not sure why he was carrying it, it could have been to carry around Miami, and he didn't want to give up the bottle.

If he should be punished for being a total idiot, then the league or whoever is punishing him needs to find every player who smokes CIGS and punish the hell out've them.

What do cigarettes have to do with anything? They arent a banned substance.. Yes, you can make a case that they are worse than Marinjuana, but nontheless, they arent a banned substance.. So why the hell should the NFL punish a player for using a legal substance?

Probably the biggest stoner in the world is an old white guy from the stix...

http://www.nndb.com/people/636/000022570/willy-nelson-1.jpg

Theyd probably search his bottle too if he was a tad bit possessive over it for seemingly no reason...

What you detail is not a RACE thing, its an IMAGE thing.. If Barack Obama walks through the airport with a water bottle, do you think they are going to be suspicious that he might be toking? If Vick doesnt want to be looked upon as being a suspected stoner, dont wear the chains and all the trappings of a rapstar.. Its asking for trouble...

Often, what people suspect as racial profiling, is often age profiling and image profiling.. Young people tend to be more prone to "deviant" behavior.. That is undisputed.. So, if you are young, rich, and protray yourself in an image known for indulging in certain forms of narcotics, dont be surprised when "The Man" looks at you just a bit longer then everyone else..

I understand exactly what you're saying about the image profiling. That's pretty much what I've described here. But what you're saying about not wearing the chains and all the "trappings of a rapstar" is absurd. That's why this country is so ****ed up to begin with, and that's why I don't stand up for the pledge. People should be able to dress how they feel.....without being profiled.

Land of the free my ***..............let people dress however the hell they want to.

What do cigarettes have to do with anything? They arent a banned substance.. Yes, you can make a case that they are worse than Marinjuana, but nontheless, they arent a banned substance.. So why the hell should the NFL punish a player for using a legal substance?
Go read his post again, and read my response.

It had to do with the "idiot" part.

I understand exactly what you're saying about the image profiling. That's pretty much what I've described here. But what you're saying about not wearing the chains and all the "trappings of a rapstar" is absurd. That's why this country is so ****ed up to begin with, and that's why I don't stand up for the pledge. People should be able to dress how they feel.....without being profiled.

Land of the free my ***..............let people dress however the hell they want to.

But you dont understand... WHY are they profiled? Because the people who dress that way act that way... If people who wore suits and ties were known for snorting coke, they would be profiled too...

Hey, you are free to dress how ever you like, however, dont be SURPRISED when people are RIGHTLY suspicious of you.. And even if you dont participate in these acts, and still dress in such a manner, dont be upset over it.. Accept it, laugh about, jibe with the officer a bit and move on.. If you have done nothing wrong, NOONE will penalize you for it..

As a teen I used to dress up like a frickin clown, and Id get heckled by authority every so often, but I knew I was practically begging for it in the manner I dressed, so I understood it from their perspective..

Listen, these people have a job, so they do it.. Can you really fault a person for doing their job to the best of their ability?

Back
Top Bottom