Falcons' Vick Raises Suspicion At Airport (Merged 3x) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Falcons' Vick Raises Suspicion At Airport (Merged 3x)

The bottle is one of those novelty items sold in shops like HIgh Tide. They are especially made to conceal "tobacco" products. We all know it couldn't have been the price of the bottle because that ranges from 20$-50$ but how does a high profile character like Vick get another bottle? He can't walk into a store and buy one. Now's he's gotta send a friend or employee and that's more people knowing about business that can harm him. Remember, he wasn't transporting anything. The article saids residue. He just wanted to keep the bottle. They come in handy. They saved a bunch of my friends once from facing serious jail time. This one was an aerosal can that worked and everything if you tryed to use it. Those gadgets are pretty smart for a bunch of potheads.

And what exactly does the prospect of finding some already trash canned water bottle with "compartments" do for safety? Nothing, lol. You go for what would harm the people on the plane, not for what would harm the individual after the flight. In doing your job, who cares if his intentions are to get off the plane and blow? I'm guessing she also noticed that big platinum chain he's got. :rolleyes2

Not true. Think of it from the other side of the skin without turning this into a racial discussion. Black dude.. young guy.. rich.. jewelry.. urban clothing.. braids, etc. You almost get that feeling BEFORE you reach the check up that, "damn, I'm about to get searched and checked down more in depth than the guy in front of me" - and that's the honest truth coming from soneone who goes through the same. The only thing for me is, I don't care. Maybe Vick is like me, in the sence that he doesn't like to be touched by other men, at all.

There are tons of things that can make people look suspicious, without actually hiding anything. Like I said though, maybe the bottle doesn't even get noticed with Peyton Manning? Maybe.

If he refused to throw it away I bet it would get checked.
The security lady didnt know what was in the bottle until she dug it out, she only knew that it was suspicious that Vick was reluctant to throw it away. For all she know it could have been something more serious. Since she recognized Vick as a football player I doubt she thought it was a bomb or chemical/biological agent (I doubt she would have dug it out if she did), but it could have been coke..heroin..acid..etc. In any case, once she opened it and found the secret compartment, it was her duty to report it, regardless of what was inside. Had she not done so, she would probably have been fired.
So, which would you rather see. Some lady working for 30 grand a year lose her job, or Vick, who was dumb enough to bring the bottle to the airport in the first place, maybe get suspended for a few games, maybe have to enter the substance abuse program, probably pay a fine, but still make millions per year?
Vick is the one in the wrong here...not some lady just doing her job.

Hmmm....I wonder who Michael Vick would be visitng in Miami?

Marcus.

Anyway Airport security is such a pain in the ***.

They might as well make you walk in naked, it would be much ****ing faster anyway.

If he should be punished for being a total idiot, then the league or whoever is punishing him needs to find every player who smokes CIGS and punish the hell out've them.

CIGS are not illegal, marijuana is. Vick was an idiot because he brought an illegal substance to a high security area where the odds were pretty good that he would be checked...and then hesitated when he was told to throw away the bottle. Thats being an idiot on 2 levels.

Its not rocket science here...if you dont want to get caught with weed, don't bring it to an airport.

But you dont understand... WHY are they profiled? Because the people who dress that way act that way... If people who wore suits and ties were known for snorting coke, they would be profiled too...
Actually, people who wear suits and ties are more known for snorting coke - probably more so than the rappers you're referring to. Hell, the mafia = suit & tie wearing bunch. Snorting coke isn't big in the hip hop world at all, btw.

The way we dress isn't always the way we act. There isn't a "proper" way to dress. For certain occassions, sure, there's an APPROPRIATE way. But in every day life, there's not a proper way, really. How do most serial killers and sexual preds dress? Definitely not like a rapper. Most serial killers dress like an average joe - but there's not a stereotype there at all.

Hey, you are free to dress how ever you like, however, dont be SURPRISED when people are RIGHTLY suspicious of you.. And even if you dont participate in these acts, and still dress in such a manner, dont be upset over it.. Accept it, laugh about, jibe with the officer a bit and move on.. If you have done nothing wrong, NOONE will penalize you for it..
If I get picked on JUST BECAUSE of how I'm dressed, then I'm gonna make my point. Why should I accept something like that? Everyone dresses in a certain way, and in every way that we dress......there are positive/negative things done by people who dress that same way. Society is just dumb as hell to me. I dress urban, but I don't judge a white guy who wears Dockers just because of how he dresses. I judge people by their actions and personality. If society would do the same, then we'd be straight. There is no "normal" way to dress.

As a teen I used to dress up like a frickin clown, and Id get heckled by authority every so often, but I knew I was practically begging for it in the manner I dressed, so I understood it from their perspective..
But did you also act like a clown? That's what should matter.

Listen, these people have a job, so they do it.. Can you really fault a person for doing their job to the best of their ability?
I can agree with that, but I honestly feel like there's a good chance of a stereotype here. NFL QB talking.......I don't think Peyton Manning or Tom Brady goes through what Vick probably went through in this situation. And those guys don't dress "normal" - they dress how they dress. There's nothing we can say or do about it though, because it will probably never stop.

Above all......I don't care how the outside viewers look at me. "Only God can judge me" = one of the best quotes ever. God knows what I'm about. God knows what Vick's about.

Pass. I might get detained for having a weapon of mass destruction.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/16484544.htm

Dumb, nosy ***** digging into the trash........

Somebody should slap the hell out've her.
well i dont know about slapping her, but i agree.

can you even carry on a bottle of water now? i know he doesnt seem like the brightest guy, but jeez. probably not a good idea to try and take your weed compartment water bottle on an airplane these days

signed,

mohammed atta

Actually, people who wear suits and ties are more known for snorting coke - probably more so than the rappers you're referring to. Hell, the mafia = suit & tie wearing bunch. Snorting coke isn't big in the hip hop world at all, btw.

The way we dress isn't always the way we act. There isn't a "proper" way to dress. For certain occassions, sure, there's an APPROPRIATE way. But in every day life, there's not a proper way, really. How do most serial killers and sexual preds dress? Definitely not like a rapper. Most serial killers dress like an average joe - but there's not a stereotype there at all.

If I get picked on JUST BECAUSE of how I'm dressed, then I'm gonna make my point. Why should I accept something like that? Everyone dresses in a certain way, and in every way that we dress......there are positive/negative things done by people who dress that same way. Society is just dumb as hell to me. I dress urban, but I don't judge a white guy who wears Dockers just because of how he dresses. I judge people by their actions and personality. If society would do the same, then we'd be straight. There is no "normal" way to dress.

But did you also act like a clown? That's what should matter.

I can agree with that, but I honestly feel like there's a good chance of a stereotype here. NFL QB talking.......I don't think Peyton Manning or Tom Brady goes through what Vick probably went through in this situation. And those guys don't dress "normal" - they dress how they dress. There's nothing we can say or do about it though, because it will probably never stop.

Above all......I don't care how the outside viewers look at me. "Only God can judge me" = one of the best quotes ever. God knows what I'm about. God knows what Vick's about.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Ya, once I posted I realized my original analogy was faulty.. Most cokeheads are suburban rich guys..Nontheless, if a white rich guy in a suit and tie was twitching and blinking allover the place, i think a cop would know what is up and run a search..

To me though, when it comes to style, its a whole package.. If you willingly choose to dress in a fashion which is almost ALWAYS portrayed as being involved with partying and the use of certain illegal substances, you must accept the package of the entire image.. If anything, if you dont like the stereotype, you should be upset at the ARTISTS and ATHELETES who continually reaffirm the negative aspects of the stereotype, ala Michael Vick..

Ya, once I posted I realized my original analogy was faulty.. Most cokeheads are suburban rich guys..Nontheless, if a white rich guy in a suit and tie was twitching and blinking allover the place, i think a cop would know what is up and run a search..

To me though, when it comes to style, its a whole package.. If you willingly choose to dress in a fashion which is almost ALWAYS portrayed as being involved with partying and the use of certain illegal substances, you must accept the package of the entire image.. If anything, if you dont like the stereotype, you should be upset at the ARTISTS and ATHELETES who continually reaffirm the negative aspects of the stereotype, ala Michael Vick..

That's something I can pretty much agree with, especially the last part.......

If it wasn't anything harmful to other people, and he threw it into the trash can.....then leave it alone, leave him alone. Go about your business and allow him to do the same. The fact that she identified him as "Michael Vick, the football player" at first view kind've bothers me. It gives me the thought of the whole "image" thing. I could see if it was a gun or potential pomp, but come on. Water bottle? Because he budged for a bit when first asked about it? Man, I know when I'm accused of something, regardless of whether the accuser is right or wrong, I always budge @ "wtf are you questioning me?"

That's just a nosy *****. Rich, young athlete. I can ruin his image! Damn, good idea.....

The guy brought a bong into the airport.

And hell yeah. Airport employees have a right and a duty to be as suspicious about anything they want to. We live in a time where people are setting their shoes on fire in airplanes.

Poor Michael Vick. He gets 13 million dollars a year. Maybe the flight attendant should pack his bowl for him.

And what exactly does the prospect of finding some already trash canned water bottle with "compartments" do for safety? Nothing, lol. You go for what would harm the people on the plane, not for what would harm the individual after the flight. In doing your job, who cares if his intentions are to get off the plane and blow? I'm guessing she also noticed that big platinum chain he's got. :rolleyes2

Not true. Think of it from the other side of the skin without turning this into a racial discussion. Black dude.. young guy.. rich.. jewelry.. urban clothing.. braids, etc. You almost get that feeling BEFORE you reach the check up that, "damn, I'm about to get searched and checked down more in depth than the guy in front of me" - and that's the honest truth coming from soneone who goes through the same. The only thing for me is, I don't care. Maybe Vick is like me, in the sence that he doesn't like to be touched by other men, at all.

There are tons of things that can make people look suspicious, without actually hiding anything. Like I said though, maybe the bottle doesn't even get noticed with Peyton Manning? Maybe.

You know man ive been reading this entire thread and find it very intreging and i have agreed with everything that you have said and enjoy some mary jane myself now and agian...but i dont like how you turned it into a race thing when you have absolutley nothing to back that up...its pure speculation...

Poor Michael Vick. He gets 13 million dollars a year. Maybe the flight attendant should pack his bowl for him.

Don't hate on the guy cuz he's got money, don't do it. We all wish we had money, specially millions. And judging from 4 years of highschool football and the "Big Three"(crabs the length of the field, rolls the length of the field, then sprints the length of the field), Vick has earned his money.

You know man ive been reading this entire thread and find it very intreging and i have agreed with everything that you have said and enjoy some mary jane myself now and agian...but i dont like how you turned it into a race thing when you have absolutley nothing to back that up...its pure speculation...

Read the posts in this thread after that......

It never turned into a race thing. It's an image thing, as Skape pointed out.

Back
Top Bottom