Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston

I lost brain cells and threw up a little reading this thread. Thank you.

Watson balled so good,...his best year ever!!!...only two teams were worse..thought he should carry a team?

I think it's dependent on what you have to give up. Again, I threw out scenarios but I think you have to explore both of them. That's the cost of a top tier QB. Teams make it work. It can be done. We have picks to give.

Houston hasn't been able too. Now your advocating jumping in that same boat.

No picks to continue to rebuild a roster with holes and NO playmakers.

That contract is a heavy lift and will cost the team somewhere somehow.

Y'all kill me with these fan base comments. We have had one of the worst franchises in sports for almost 20 years and y'all wanna throw constant shade at the fan base lol

Yep. Deserved to.

Y'all kill me with these fan base comments. We have had one of the worst franchises in sports for almost 20 years and y'all wanna throw constant shade at the fan base lol
I know I know, and I understand we all want to win after decades of frustation. Just been a bad week.

Tua and 3 is too much for watson imo. We fleeced the texans once, we can do it again.

Houston hasn't been able too. Now your advocating jumping in that same boat.

No picks to continue to rebuild a roster with holes and NO playmakers.

That contract is a heavy lift and will cost the team somewhere somehow.
It's absolutely a heavy lift but you have to risk to win. Every team with a franchise QB like this has to make that move. So if you gave up this year's two firsts and that was it, you wouldn't do it? Still have two seconds. Gotta do it.

How many has he won so far?....Have you ever seen a QB run into as many sacks as Watson does?
How many Super Bowls has he won? Seriously? I can come up with exactly two quarterbacks who won titles when they were as young as Watson is now. Rodgers, Favre, Brees, Manning.....none had titles at 25.

It's absolutely a heavy lift but you have to risk to win. Every team with a franchise QB like this has to make that move. So if you gave up this year's two firsts and that was it, you wouldn't do it? Still have two seconds. Gotta do it.

Nope. And it would be far more than 2 firsts. If Miami received 2 firsts and a 2nd for a LT, no way HOU moves for anything less.....for your franchise QB.

How many Super Bowls has he won? Seriously? I can come up with exactly two quarterbacks who won titles when they were as young as Watson is now. Rodgers, Favre, Brees, Manning.....none had titles at 25.
how many seasons like Watsons,(a great season)did they have that resulted in 4 wins?...How many of those QB's cost 4 number one picks?
So you would trade Tua (5th pick) our #3 and 18 and next years for Watson? and take on that salary!!!

Watson balled so good,...his best year ever!!!...only two teams were worse..thought he should carry a team?
The Texans defense was not just bad...they were historically bad. Dead last against the run. 27th against the pass. THREE INTERCEPTIONS ALL YEAR. The Texans scored 30 points five times and went 2-3 in those games.

how many seasons like Watsons,(a great season)did they have that resulted in 4 wins?...How many of those QB's cost 4 number one picks?
So you would trade Tua (5th pick) our #3 and 18 and next years for Watson? and take on that salary!!
You can keep riding the 4 wins all you want ignoring the 21-10 record he put up the previous two years. In terms of salary, the structure of his contract is structured so next year the cap hit is VERY team friendly — it’s 2022 that’s big. His 2021 cap hit if he’s trading is only about $10 million. In 2022 after 2021 being covid free football, you’ll see a rise in what the salary cap is.

I like Tua. But Watson is a proven commodity. I would do Tua and #3. Tua, #3 and #18 starts to make me pause.

He’s very good, maybe HOF good some day and if he is on the block someone will pay be it us or someone else. Those who think he is anything less than top 5 qb in the league hasn’t watched him play.

Back
Top Bottom