Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston

Houston have no cap space and no picks. If their new HC loves one of the QBs not called Lawrence in this draft, they could get their franchise rookie, clear $20M off the cap, and add a couple of additional premium picks. If Watson wants a change of scenery I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility.

Thoughts?

lol the worst OL in football, poor run game and JJ Watt.

Did you at all read what I said? Did you understand it? LOL?

In 2018 and 2019 the Houston Texans had over 2k yards rushing as a team scoring 12 and 17 TDs respectively in the run game.

They also went to the playoffs those 2 years.

2020 was a culmination of bad trades and no vision by OBRIEN. Or a vision that was just truly folly.

Get ready for incoming snark. Been alot of it on the board lately. Deshaun is a baller but I think the Phins are set on Tua

You'd have to be dumb to not want this guy on our team, especially if it means keeping Tua over him. If this opportunity presented itself, we'd be foolish to not take it. Give them Tua and the #3 and next year's number one. Give them Tua and both firsts this year. Give them Tua, both firsts this year and next year's first. Any way you slice it, we win. This guy is a flat out stud.

Have you seen the new extension he signed in September. Now subtract the draft picks and development of cheap players.

He would find himself in about the same situation he currently sits in. No draft picks for the team to get better and a huge contract with a reduced Salary cap on the horizon.

I’m a day dreamer by nature, this isn’t a dream worth thinking about.

Move on.

DeShawn Watson is an amazing QB whom I do NOT want to trade for. Aside from the assets that it is going to cost to get him, he only has one year left on his rookie contract before his mega deal kicks in. We are on the right path, just stay the course...the future is bright. That being said, I watched every Texans game this year and he is amazing, still don't want to trade for him. Fins up, Tua up.

What stats are you giving up other than your personal opinion?? Lmao you can't say you are giving me stats and then not list a single stat other than his completion percentage (which happens to be pretty decent)

See, that's exactly the issue here. You are deeming him a bust strictly based on his PHYSICAL traits.

The guy is small and he doesn't have a rocket therefore he must be a bust.

Also, since you supposedly know football so much. Bress didn't become an elite QB untill he got to New Orleans. I'm actually old enough to remember him play for both San Diego and the Saints.

But ultimately, there's no point to argue at this point.

All I've said there's literally not a single scout that could you for sure if Tua is going to be a bust based on 9 game sample!

It's impossible to evaluate any player in in such a short amount of time, yet alone a rookie QB.

Based on how adamant you are on calling him a bust, it's clear to me that you your level of football knowledge is significantly less than what you seem to think it is
The adamant argument I've been making the entire time is that you make a trade for Watson every single time. I'm not saying he's a bust either. Your original comment was that you don't trade away Tua because of cost and I must be Bill O'Brien. I said cost doesn't matter if your QB is bad at football, it's win now. Was our QB bad at football? Jesus H, if you couldn't watch Tua's play and see it was bad, then that's on you. Again, you can correct your QB position why not? The Cardinals did it with Rosen to Murray, why can't we through a trade like this? They gave him 13 starts. If a better player is there, you get him.

Then you threw stats of a bunch of players out there and I made the argument that Tua's stats are worthless. There's a reason his completion percentage is what it is. It's because he was throwing 3 yard flats! Tua's limitations are glaring and obvious. If you don't see that, you're blind. That's all I'm saying. If you think that Tua's physical abilities are on par with any of the guys you mentioned, prove me wrong.

I'm plenty old enough to have seen Brees in San Diego, and at Purdue live twice against the Irish. You must be one of those that think their veteran status means they've seen more football than me. Highly doubtful in this case. By the way, Brees had two fantastic years in SD his last two years. His career-high in TD passes was in SD until his second year in New Orleans. There's a reason he got paid to go to NO.

Have you seen the new extension he signed in September. Now subtract the draft picks and development of cheap players.

He would find himself in about the same situation he currently sits in. No draft picks for the team to get better and a huge contract with a reduced Salary cap on the horizon.
I think it's dependent on what you have to give up. Again, I threw out scenarios but I think you have to explore both of them. That's the cost of a top tier QB. Teams make it work. It can be done. We have picks to give.

I’m sure Grier will do his due diligence on such a deal and you couldn’t blame him for that. Watson is a bonafide superstar at QB but how much would it cost the Fins? 3,4 or more 1st rounders?

Houston won’t give him up without a mega haul of picks. I believe in Tua and want to see how he performs with with an upgraded WR core and running game. Plus give him a pre season and obviously a new OC to come in too.

But damn that kid Watson can ball and it sure would accelerate the rebuild wouldn’t it? Stick or twist Mr Grier.

Nah wouldn’t be down for this. He’s due 40 million per season in 2022 and 2023. While that may be a going rate for a qb we can get so many more good players with that cap and draft picks. If Tua steps up his game even just a little bit we are way better sticking with Tua. Also if he’s so good and qbs so important than why we’re they the third worse team in the nfl?
This sums it up.

Back
Top Bottom