Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston

That's insane. No way do you give up that much for Watson while you just drafted a QB in top 5 who still has 4 more years on rookie contract versus paying a guy 39 mil a season.

Basically 4 first round picks? Bill O'Brien, is that you?
I don't think you understand the value of a great QB. It's literally the most valuable thing in professional sports. Who the hell cares if he's on a rookie contract if he's not good at football? You have a proven commodity. That is Deshaun Watson's value. Plus, if you have Watson, you are a playoff team immediately, so you're giving up the #3 pick this year and #18 (if that's the route you go), then maybe a mid-20's next year. Done and done. If you give the #3 this year and next year's first only, you're still only giving a mid-20's pick next year. Either way, I walk the paperwork over with the pen. This isn't baseball where you're worried about cost-controlled arbitration-eligible players. It's winning NOW in the NFL! I cannot believe this actually needs an explanation.

Yeah, I don’t think anyone is in for 4 firsts, but Tua and a first this year and maybe a second is doable. It all comes down to leverage. If he forces his way out Houston doesn’t really have a choice. They will take the best available deal.

I don't think you understand the value of a great QB. It's literally the most valuable thing in professional sports. Who the hell cares if he's on a rookie contract if he's not good at football? You have a proven commodity. That is Deshaun Watson's value. Plus, if you have Watson, you are a playoff team immediately, so you're giving up the #3 pick this year and #18 (if that's the route you go), then maybe a mid-20's next year. Done and done. If you give the #3 this year and next year's first only, you're still only giving a mid-20's pick next year. Either way, I walk the paperwork over with the pen. This isn't baseball where you're worried about cost-controlled arbitration-eligible players. It's winning NOW in the NFL! I cannot believe this actually needs an explanation.

1. Having a good QB alone doesn't guarantee anything. Do you not realize that Watson-led team just got us 3rd overall pick? Yes, QB is by far the most important position. However, to state that a good QB GUARANTEES you a playoff spot is absurd. We just had 7 AFC teams win 11 games! Tell it to Andrew Luck and the lack of support he received in his early tenure

2. So you just deemed Tua as "not good at football?"

That in itself is an idiotic statement. No one knows for fact if Tua will end up as a perennial Pro-Bowler or a bust after 9 games in his rookie season.

As a matter of fact, his numbers are very similar to Russell Wilson, Rodgers, Josh Allen, Matt Ryan and Drew Brees in their first 9 games.

But all of those guys are not good at football right?

Love Watson..But his contract need are $$$ compared to Tua's rookie deal. But, if you could get Watson for Tua, and their 1st and keep our 1st that would be hard to pass up.

But, I may go for option B. Draft a QB with the #3 and build the rest of the roster focusing on the Offense with the rest of the picks.

As you'll learn, you severely hurt your argument by what you'd offer. Had you stayed at TT and #3, people would have focused on watson and not the offer.

The only downside I see is if Flo/Grier would be willing to take the salary. I know, I know, many here would. But we don't make the decision
Agree. People have opinions. Unfortunately, many of them have zero clue what a franchise QB would cost. This is probably still short of what Houston will want. Most people on here are looking at Madden football as their source for trade value.

Agree. People have opinions. Unfortunately, many of them have zero clue what a franchise QB would cost. This is probably still short of what Houston will want. Most people on here are looking at Madden football as their source for trade value.
I was going off on what YOU were willing to offer...

Some of us here think you are better than NFL scouts, coaches and GMs.

Good thing you weren't calling the shots for the Bills, Josh Allen would've been unemployed if we evaluated him after his rookie season

Yeah, I don’t think anyone is in for 4 firsts, but Tua and a first this year and maybe a second is doable. It all comes down to leverage. If he forces his way out Houston doesn’t really have a choice. They will take the best available deal.

That cannot be overemphasized. Until the competitors are known, setting a cost is theoretical

Another thread that keeps me off of finheaven. This fan base has completely gone insane, especially the ones in here.

Another thread that keeps me off of finheaven. This fan base has completely gone insane, especially the ones in here.
Why the need to come on and post that this is why you wont come here? That seems untrue since you are here posting. So I guess I’m confused what your opinion is of the topic being discussed. Do you have any thoughts other than everyone here is insane?

1. Having a good QB alone doesn't guarantee anything. Do you not realize that Watson-led team just got us 3rd overall pick? Yes, QB is by far the most important position. However, to state that a good QB GUARANTEES you a playoff spot is absurd. We just had 7 AFC teams win 11 games! Tell it to Andrew Luck and the lack of support he received in his early tenure

That in itself is an idiotic statement. No one knows for fact if Tua will end up as a perennial Pro-Bowler or a bust after 9 games in his rookie season.

As a matter of fact, his numbers are very similar to Russell Wilson, Rodgers, Josh Allen, Matt Ryan and Drew Brees in their first 9 games.

1. No, you are absolutely correct. However, do you believe this team we have today with Deshaun Watson is a playoff team? Do we make the playoffs? Houston is God awful and they were in just about every game this year because of this man. By the way, he's led his team to the playoffs twice already.

2. When you look at Tua, if you can't look at him and see his physical issues, I cannot help you. Number one, you need to stop looking at stats. I'm so tired of this. Just use your eyes. The guy had to be pulled twice in 9 games because he simply cannot adjust to the game.

You're going to try to compare Tua's 9 games to Russel Wilson? Aaron Rodgers? Matt Ryan? Drew Brees? Even Josh Allen? Even Ryan Tannehill? With the exception of Josh Allen, not one of those guys had a single game with under 100 yards passing. They all have better physical tools than Tua. Yes, Drew Brees is bigger and stronger than Tua. His arm is average, he's mentally not strong, he's not the accurate thrower he was thought to be, and he's tiny. Look at what you're comparing him to athletically. This is why your stupid 9 game statistical argument doesn't hold water. He got a ton of his yardage against Buffalo's prevent defense last week. He's has a 64% completion rate but the majority of his passes are flat routes. Stats, blah blah blah! See, I can do that too.

Tua will not ever be that level of player because he just does not have the physical tools to do so. Throwing in December in Buffalo like Josh Allen. Did you see him? Again, I do not care about the numbers. It's the ability to do so. He does not have the tools!

Tua is what he is, as I said before, a high ceiling drafted guy. He was at the peak of his physical tools when we drafted him. If you cannot use your eyes to see that he will NEVER be on the level of any of the guys you mentioned, then you are just blind.

After Rodgers's first 9 games, people were wowed, same with Wilson. Ryan was impressive after 9. Allen showed tools with his legs and actually improved throughout the year. Brees was a second-round pick, so comparing him to a 5th overall is dumb to begin with but he was still better and was at his floor when he was drafted.

If you want to make the argument based on numbers, maybe go look at Deshaun Watson's first 9 starts and then decide we should 100% make this deal 10x over. Watson is a proven commodity and you do not pass that up.

Wow. Just looked at Russell Wilson's stats in his first 9 games of 2012. Not good. And he was 24. Tua was 22. Also, can you believe that Russell Wilson is already 32 years old!?

Back
Top Bottom