Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fanduel's view of Miami as a trade destination IF Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston

Some of us here think you are better than NFL scouts, coaches and GMs.

Good thing you weren't calling the shots for the Bills, Josh Allen would've been unemployed if we evaluated him after his rookie season
I loved Josh Allen. He had tools coming out of college and you could see them when he played early on. I don't think I'm better than an NFL scout but I can tell you that some guys have what it takes and some don't. I hope I'm wrong about Tua should we keep him but if you wouldn't trade Tua and picks for Watson given the opportunity, you would be wrong. I've rooted for him and I will continue to. I did not like him in college. I think his skill set is way too limited for the NFL. Again, hope I'm wrong.

My question is on value. We know what Watson’s ceiling is. I don’t know what Tua’s is. If you think Tua becomes anywhere close to what Watson is, then you don’t make the trade. If you don’t, then you have to determine value differential.

Houston would rightly ask for both 1sts this year and our 1st next year if they had to take on the risk of Tua being JAG in Watson's wake.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression...

Nah wouldn’t be down for this. He’s due 40 million per season in 2022 and 2023. While that may be a going rate for a qb we can get so many more good players with that cap and draft picks. If Tua steps up his game even just a little bit we are way better sticking with Tua. Also if he’s so good and qbs so important than why we’re they the third worse team in the nfl?

Houston would rightly ask for both 1sts this year and our 1st next year if they had to take on the risk of Tua being JAG in Watson's wake.

Watson is a lot better than Cutler and look what denver got for him.

1. No, you are absolutely correct. However, do you believe this team we have today with Deshaun Watson is a playoff team? Do we make the playoffs? Houston is God awful and they were in just about every game this year because of this man. By the way, he's led his team to the playoffs twice already.

2. When you look at Tua, if you can't look at him and see his physical issues, I cannot help you. Number one, you need to stop looking at stats. I'm so tired of this. Just use your eyes. The guy had to be pulled twice in 9 games because he simply cannot adjust to the game.

You're going to try to compare Tua's 9 games to Russel Wilson? Aaron Rodgers? Matt Ryan? Drew Brees? Even Josh Allen? Even Ryan Tannehill? With the exception of Josh Allen, not one of those guys had a single game with under 100 yards passing. They all have better physical tools than Tua. Yes, Drew Brees is bigger and stronger than Tua. His arm is average, he's mentally not strong, he's not the accurate thrower he was thought to be, and he's tiny. Look at what you're comparing him to athletically. This is why your stupid 9 game statistical argument doesn't hold water. He got a ton of his yardage against Buffalo's prevent defense last week. He's has a 64% completion rate but the majority of his passes are flat routes. Stats, blah blah blah! See, I can do that too.

Tua will not ever be that level of player because he just does not have the physical tools to do so. Throwing in December in Buffalo like Josh Allen. Did you see him? Again, I do not care about the numbers. It's the ability to do so. He does not have the tools!

Tua is what he is, as I said before, a high ceiling drafted guy. He was at the peak of his physical tools when we drafted him. If you cannot use your eyes to see that he will NEVER be on the level of any of the guys you mentioned, then you are just blind.

After Rodgers's first 9 games, people were wowed, same with Wilson. Ryan was impressive after 9. Allen showed tools with his legs and actually improved throughout the year. Brees was a second-round pick, so comparing him to a 5th overall is dumb to begin with but he was still better and was at his floor when he was drafted.

If you want to make the argument based on numbers, maybe go look at Deshaun Watson's first 9 starts and then decide we should 100% make this deal 10x over. Watson is a proven commodity and you do not pass that up.

What stats are you giving up other than your personal opinion?? Lmao you can't say you are giving me stats and then not list a single stat other than his completion percentage (which happens to be pretty decent)

See, that's exactly the issue here. You are deeming him a bust strictly based on his PHYSICAL traits.

The guy is small and he doesn't have a rocket therefore he must be a bust.

Also, since you supposedly know football so much. Bress didn't become an elite QB untill he got to New Orleans. I'm actually old enough to remember him play for both San Diego and the Saints.

But ultimately, there's no point to argue at this point.

All I've said there's literally not a single scout that could you for sure if Tua is going to be a bust based on 9 game sample!

It's impossible to evaluate any player in in such a short amount of time, yet alone a rookie QB.

Based on how adamant you are on calling him a bust, it's clear to me that you your level of football knowledge is significantly less than what you seem to think it is

I say that because Grier and Flores are committed to Tua.
That what they say for now..it boils down to Tua..flores want win he ain't going let Tua play hurt team..I would take watson in heartbeat..they can have number 3,18 andTua

Wow. Just looked at Russell Wilson's stats in his first 9 games of 2012. Not good. And he was 24. Tua was 22. Also, can you believe that Russell Wilson is already 32 years old!?
I wouldn't say bad, with the exception of two games. He had multiple quality starts in here. I cannot believe it. He's an amazing athlete.

Yeah I don’t disagree what they would ask for, but Watson is the one with leverage to force his way out. In that scenario, Houston may have to take a lesser deal.

Give them our 18 this year and our first next year. That should be fair.

Keep our third and trade down to around 8 9, and get a first round next year.

That way, we get Wastson and still have a first this year and a first next year.

Another thread that keeps me off of finheaven. This fan base has completely gone insane, especially the ones in here.
Hey, you haven't been on message broads of other teams have you?
This is Sunday school picnic when compared to them.

What about waiting until Josh Allen becomes a free agent, and throw everything at him?

Back
Top Bottom