Fantasy Football is why Tua gets hate | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fantasy Football is why Tua gets hate

ChitownPhins28

Basement Dweller
Reaction score
As much as he does. Until he starts putting up good fantasy stats, he'll be poorly-considered.

When people put on NFL Network and they run the 'Start'Em/Sit'em' crawl and Tua is Always in the 'Sit'em' group, fans wont like Tua.

As much as he does. Until he starts putting up good fantasy stats, he'll be poorly-considered.

When people put on NFL Network and they run the 'Start'Em/Sit'em' crawl and Tua is Always in the 'Sit'em' group, fans wont like Tua.
True, but then why isn't this in the Tua hate thread?

Tua is a young QB with fewer than 16 games under his belt. Some athletes charge into the NFL and light up the fantasy point charts. Some don't. Tua could become a very effective passer with a penchant for high red zone %. I do wish he was able to use his legs a bit more to extend plays, but he may not be the kind of physical specimen who takes hits while winging the ball down field.

Because I dont hate Tua and it's kind of mocking the simplemindedness of Tua hate.

You’re right, but it’s also not exactly meaningless.

At the end of the day, what player has ever been considered great without great individual stats?

Dolphins offense still does not seem built to drop back 40-50 times a game. We're not a 90s West Coast offense. I think we're more about vertical passing but also using trickery and some short passing to be our 'running game'.
Sooner than later, it will take off but Tua looks deep first more than many QBs. He's not going to have as many completions compared to guys throwing mostly short crossing patterns.

Concur.

The cottage industry that is FF has ruined the game to a (pun intended ?) degree

Please explain to me how his current fantasy stats impacted my low ceiling expectations of him in college? Because that would be incredible.

Why is it so hard to believe that Tua doesn't get massive media praise because he's done nothing on the field to earn it yet?

I hope he throws 50 TDs this year and is great, but this "I know the secret reason people are down on Tua" stuff needs to stop.

Used to be a Fantasy Fanatic when the Dolphins became a laughingstock, but I'm done with it because it takes the fun out of watching football... I want to watch football to see good players and matchups not to see if a player i have on my team gets the TD when his team is at the goal line. I don't see how fans of relevant teams enjoy fantasy football. I get for money reasons but I feel like every media outlet cares about fantasy news more than anything else.

This thread has so much truth.

Ironically though, consistently and more often than not, when a QB outside the top 5 group of QBs has big FF numbers, it's in a losing effort/garbage time on the field. (See Jarred Goff, Derek Carr, Jimmy Garrapolo, and many more)

Since I have never played nor will I ever play fantasy football, this makes absolutely no sense to me. Why the actual game means less than a fantasy league is absolutely absurd to me.

Used to be a Fantasy Fanatic when the Dolphins became a laughingstock, but I'm done with it because it takes the fun out of watching football... I want to watch football to see good players and matchups not to see if a player i have on my team gets the TD when his team is at the goal line. I don't see how fans of relevant teams enjoy fantasy football. I get for money reasons but I feel like every media outlet cares about fantasy news more than anything else.

I play weekly fantasy on Fanduel, its mostly to give me a reason to stay up to date with the league and other teams and have some fun.

Back
Top Bottom